Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-15-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
Just ran across this on Facebook, I hate to see this happen a few miles from my house. Lets try and help these guys out.

"LOOKING FOR HELP: At 2am this morning, the unthinkable happened. Our vehicle was stolen in front of our eyes in Buckhead Georgia. We all watched as someone drove off in it and the police try to locate it. No luck!
As we are hoping the truck is found, we are looking to for help to keep the next events up and running. There are some things that were lost with the vehicle and we are looking for help as we go through this tough time. These items are camera gear, PA system, tents, tables, awards, flags and some more.
We are asking our friends and wakeboard family to help us replace these items so we can continue to work.
If you are interested in donating, please help us by donating to our fund"

http://www.empirewake.com/2014/05/pl...s-recover.html
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-15-2014, 10:28 AM Reply   
let me guess keys were left in ignition or truck was left running
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-15-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
MikenNC I appreciate all the help that comment has brought to boarders in need!
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-15-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
let me guess keys were left in ignition or truck was left running
Either way its unfortunate
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-15-2014, 11:48 AM Reply   
A description or picture would help
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-15-2014, 12:54 PM Reply   
I agree it is unfortunate but just stating more than likely that is what happened. it sux but is also reality, kind of set themselves up for failure if that is what happened. buckhead, ga,,,,,,,,,,,, haven't they listened to oldschool outkast,,,,, shoulda known better, heres to hoping they recover vehicle and merchandise
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-15-2014, 1:10 PM Reply   
Mike nothing but love but this is prob one of those times it was better to just say
Quote:
heres to hoping they recover vehicle and merchandise
and delete everything else you said. No one posted what happened but someone was obviously within eye distance based on the description. Its just a f'd up situation and should be left at that. Nothin to do but watch out for the gear and know people are scumbags
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-15-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
I agree it is unfortunate but just stating more than likely that is what happened. it sux but is also reality, kind of set themselves up for failure if that is what happened. buckhead, ga,,,,,,,,,,,, haven't they listened to oldschool outkast,,,,, shoulda known better, heres to hoping they recover vehicle and merchandise
There are more lambo's in buckhead than hood rats... I'm glad you are supporting fellow wake boarders. Heres to you shoulda known better
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-15-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
I have no problem supporting fellow wake boarders. I really do hope they get their vehicle and gear back. I can't stand a thief. And John p I'm stating the truth that people should know better than leaving keys n an ignition, if u have a problem with that then too bad, get over it.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-16-2014, 10:57 PM Reply   
Karma will be sure Mike forgets his plug
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-17-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have no problem supporting fellow wake boarders. I really do hope they get their vehicle and gear back. I can't stand a thief. And John p I'm stating the truth that people should know better than leaving keys n an ignition, if u have a problem with that then too bad, get over it.
This is what wakeworld has become. Thank you for being a positive contributing member to the future of the site.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-17-2014, 7:34 PM Reply   
It's funny that because u state keys shouldn't b left in an ignition u get accused of not supporting wake boarders or being a positive contributing member. U know what all u tools that have a problem with someone stating the obvious that keys shouldn't b left in an ignition or a vehicle left running unattended need to quit being so sensitive and take ur panties off and put on some big boy pants....... Rediculous how some of u guys get so sensitive. I bet ur wives and girlfriends wish they had a real man! Now that's something u can get bent out of shape over. Just to reiterate I hope they find their missing vehicle and gear.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2014, 5:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's funny that because u state keys shouldn't b left in an ignition u get accused of not supporting wake boarders or being a positive contributing member. U know what all u tools that have a problem with someone stating the obvious that keys shouldn't b left in an ignition or a vehicle left running unattended need to quit being so sensitive and take ur panties off and put on some big boy pants....... Rediculous how some of u guys get so sensitive. I bet ur wives and girlfriends wish they had a real man! Now that's something u can get bent out of shape over. Just to reiterate I hope they find their missing vehicle and gear.

Why can't you just let it go? Seems like your wife would wish she wasn't with someone who just had to have the last word on everything.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2014, 5:19 AM Reply   
I hope the truck and gear are found. There's nothing worse than a thief.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-18-2014, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Why can't u just let it go? Seems like ur wife would wish she wasn't with someone who just had to have the last word on everything.
i went ahead and edited ur post so that Mike could understand it. Make sure u just use u instead of YOU from now on.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-18-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
For someone complaining about petty bickering in the quiet here thread these are some pretty boneheaded comments....

Your posts are second only to da moose in terms of readability..
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2014, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
i went ahead and edited ur post so that Mike could understand it. Make sure you just use you instead of U from now on.

There, I fixed yours.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
I'm just picking at U jburbo. Thanks for UR kindness making it legible for mike.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-19-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
lol, can't help but laugh at u all and how easily you get worked up and all come to the defense of someone that simply is told keys shouldn't be left in the ignition. it's really pretty funny if you go back and read my original comment posted. was I taking a shot at someone? no. was I being rude? no. was I being sarcastic? no. once again simply stating the obvious and all these tough guys on ww have to jump out and be keyboard warriors..... its all good though, just funny, all of u have a great day and good luck on the season and hope your boats and crew stay injury free......... and once again hope the vehicle is found and merchandise recovered
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-19-2014, 9:19 PM Reply   
"once again simply stating the obvious"

which is exactly why it would have been better left unsaid.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-20-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
lol, can't help but laugh at u all and how easily you get worked up and all come to the defense of someone that simply is told keys shouldn't be left in the ignition. it's really pretty funny if you go back and read my original comment posted. was I taking a shot at someone? no. was I being rude? no. was I being sarcastic? no. once again simply stating the obvious and all these tough guys on ww have to jump out and be keyboard warriors..... its all good though, just funny, all of u have a great day and good luck on the season and hope your boats and crew stay injury free......... and once again hope the vehicle is found and merchandise recovered

Haha
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400594122.749963.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  31.8 KB
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-01-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
I'm just picking at U jburbo. Thanks for UR kindness making it legible for mike.

hahahaha, no worries! and i was just giving Mike a hard time, not trying to be a douche.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-06-2014, 7:42 AM Reply   
that sucks. hope its recovered.

like someone posted on the empire wake site, post a pic of the truck so your community can help.

Last edited by denverd1; 06-06-2014 at 7:48 AM.