Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-10-2015, 1:08 PM Reply   
So our local cable is requiring cga vests to shred. I'm needing everyone's advice on what the thinnest most mobile cga approved vest out there is. Thanks in advance.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2015, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Hatch
Ronix Capella

In that order
I think the ronix is a little too thick in the sides and tends to chafe.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       02-10-2015, 4:22 PM Reply   
The best CGA vest is coming out this spring from O'neill... the new Assault Vest with NytroLite foam. When I first saw the vest I picked it up thinking it was a new comp vest and was very surprised to learn it was a CGA. I ordered one for myself and can't wait for it.

The vest is very thin, highly flexible and comes in 4 different colorways. The new NytroLite foam that came out last year is also 3 times lighter than regular PVC foam and absorbs 15% less water.

Should retail for $100

http://www.oneill.com/#/men/europe/c...cg_vest/flint/
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2015, 5:11 PM Reply   
I have and really like O'Neill's Revenge http://www.oneill.com/#/men/europe/c..._vest/day_glo/
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       02-10-2015, 5:25 PM Reply   
I currently have the Oneill Revenge, picked it up last year... I'm moving onto the Assault because it is a better vest to me.. The revenge has issues with the back panel foam moving around and creating a big hunch back.. Great vest, but the new Assault will be better.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-10-2015, 10:26 PM Reply   
Thanks scuba. I'll check them out. I'm already a big oneil fan
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-11-2015, 3:40 PM Reply   
Any other thin cga vest suggestions?
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-11-2015, 9:05 PM Reply   
Hands Down the Phalanx Vertex
http://www.alliancewake.com/gear-gui...ts/?aw_pid=625

I absolutely love mine. Gigantic Arm holes. comfortable and unconstraining. Couldn't be happier.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2015, 5:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
Hands Down the Phalanx Vertex
http://www.alliancewake.com/gear-gui...ts/?aw_pid=625

I absolutely love mine. Gigantic Arm holes. comfortable and unconstraining. Couldn't be happier.
I absolutely loved our vests. Wish I still had a couple of them.....
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-12-2015, 9:33 PM Reply   
Sorry Joe. You're not getting mine! hahaha
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-16-2015, 11:03 PM Reply   
That phalanx looks awesome but I need something currently available
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-17-2015, 6:11 AM Reply   
Another vote for the side-entry Hyperlite vest, which i believe is now called the Hatch. If you can find older model years of the side-entry the vest is exactly the same just with different graphics. Its so much more comfortable than the standard neoprene CGA vests of old, that sometimes I catch myself wearing it on boat sets instead of my usual comp vest.

Check it out, plus if i recall they arent crazy expensive compared to other high end CGA vests.

IF you want to save more coin though, check out the Hyperlite INDY CGA vest. Yes, its pretty basic, but try one on, and you will notice it is surprisingly comfortable and flexible compared most CGA vests (even the high end ones) and I think the shelf price is around $60.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-17-2015, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_paz View Post
Another vote for the side-entry Hyperlite vest, which i believe is now called the Hatch. If you can find older model years of the side-entry the vest is exactly the same just with different graphics. Its so much more comfortable than the standard neoprene CGA vests of old, that sometimes I catch myself wearing it on boat sets instead of my usual comp vest.

Check it out, plus if i recall they arent crazy expensive compared to other high end CGA vests.

IF you want to save more coin though, check out the Hyperlite INDY CGA vest. Yes, its pretty basic, but try one on, and you will notice it is surprisingly comfortable and flexible compared most CGA vests (even the high end ones) and I think the shelf price is around $60.
+1 for the Indy CGA vest. I use one exclusively. It fits snug and it really isn't bad in terms of movement.

If my goofy-ass can spin a 360 in that vest, then I doubt many people will have an issue with it.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-18-2015, 10:28 AM Reply   
I always like Jetpilot, their anatomical cut vests fit REALLY well (especially if you're a guy like me that's barrel chested and shoulders like a miniature linebacker) plus they have very little water retention in my book and they're relatively light but still pretty buoyant when in the water. I barely know I'm wearing it even to the point that I sometimes forget to snap the buckles.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-18-2015, 12:36 PM Reply   
I really like my Oneil Reactor 3 so far. Very comfy
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-18-2015, 12:37 PM Reply   
not super "sweet bro" but still a better looking cga
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-21-2015, 7:37 AM Reply   
I love my CGA Oneill Revenge.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-08-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
Any thoughts on who makes the most buoyant comp vest?
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       05-08-2015, 2:25 PM Reply   
The O'neill Revenge Comp vest floats me as well as most CGA vest. The only downside to it would be the back foam moving around and giving me a "hunch back". Once you move the foam backinto place though it fits really well.. Snug fit that isn't bulky and is extremely light.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-11-2015, 5:12 PM Reply   
My dad recently picked up an HO sports vest from Costco (not sure model name) for like $30 that is surprisingly long, light, and thin which I don't often see in CGA vests.

Last edited by bschall; 05-11-2015 at 5:16 PM.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-12-2015, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschall View Post
My dad recently picked up an HO sports vest from Costco (not sure model name) for like $30 that is surprisingly long, light, and thin which I don't often see in CGA vests.
Have a pic of it?
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2015, 8:06 PM Reply   
Yessir

found this hyperlite vest on their site which looks to be the same cut http://www.costco.com/HO-Sports-Hype...100213115.html
Attached Images

Last edited by bschall; 05-12-2015 at 8:10 PM.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-13-2015, 7:03 AM Reply   
They're a bit hard to find.. but the Helium SWAT vest is pretty nice.

http://www.pbsboatstore.com/Helium-S...FdQ8gQodSxcAYA