Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (davidgrant)      Join Date: May 2013       12-02-2016, 6:33 AM Reply   
Hi Guys,

First time posting for me, but wanted to reach out and explain about the upcoming edit of my son Daniel Grant. The edit will be put together by ANDY KOLB. The whole concept and idea can be found at www.waketao.com

The concept of the edit is covering Daniel's 2016 season, it covers around 12 countries of competitions, plus a bunch of free riding. It will cover Wake the Line, Jamboree, Wake of Steel etc. etc.

The concept is actually two edits, one which will be Wakeskate and one Wakeboard, the two edits will run in sequence together.

A Thai Wakeboarder by the name of Mac Rosen had a bad accident earlier this year and as a result had to have his leg amputated. So our idea was to offer the edit as a premier with a USD200.00 donation from the wake community (Cable parks, company owners, or individual donations)

The premiere dates would be 17-18th December. From 19-22nd December the edit can be found on vimeo with a bunch of other stuff for a USD10.00 subscription. 23rd December (his birthday) the actual ECLIPSE edit is on line free for everyone. Every cent raised goes to Mac Rosen to help him purchase a prosthetic leg.

We already have around 15 countries and 20 locations confirmed but I just wanted to further share the opportunity, I think it's probably a pretty cool time for everyone to get together as we come close to Christmas.

We have also extended the concept to fund raising for BEN LECLAIRE. The idea was since middle of this year to be for Mac Rosen but we simply can't ignore the needs of Ben, a rider Daniel has rode with many times over the seasons.

Anyone can host, you simply donate USD200.00 and you receive the edit, plus a bunch of other stuff we are preparing and send to the individual over drop box. Every cent goes to the recovery of the rider (all details on the website). Anything raised at the Premiere is really what the host wants to make of it and as I said we are more than happy for it to be used to generate funds for Ben. It's likely that Slingshot can support with boards for example for that purpose.

After the premieres there is 19-22nd December to subscribe to the edit. You will get the full release as an online edit, but also we will include other stuff that is not part of the final Eclipse edit.

If you would like to know more, you can contact me directly at davidgrant@waketao.com and I will be more than happy to explain more. You can find also information at Daniels website (waketao.com) or via his Facebook Athlete page.

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks in advance for your support.