Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (robertsjut)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-22-2017, 11:53 AM Reply   
Where is the best place to order bunk carpet replacement?

Thanks
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-22-2017, 1:43 PM Reply   
Online. Amazon sells it. Fulton and Attwood are good brands.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2017, 3:19 PM Reply   
I am doing this as well.

Is there a need to glue the carpet? Or just staples? If so, which kind of glue?

Thanks
Old     (Gavin17)      Join Date: Nov 2015       05-23-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Lots of staples is all I used. 30 dollar pneumatic stapler from amazon is worth every penny. Make sure they're corision resistant. I used 7 or 800 from a 1000 pack for 4 bunks. Make sure they're long enough too. If you're using lag screws and treated lumber let the lumber dry in the sun for a few days before installing with the lag screws. If you put the screws in wet wood they may want to back out.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-24-2017, 10:10 AM Reply   
Glue isn't necessary but its not a bad idea. I put an extra layer of carpet underneath the high wear areas like where the boat first contacts the bunks. This reduces the stress on the carpet and keeps it from tearing. I also beveled the wood in that area for the same reason.

There's a special way to cut the carpet at the end to get it to lay well. Do a search over at teamtalk.com there are good threads there. There's a reason they call it MCOCD. They really get into this stuff.
Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-26-2017, 2:07 PM Reply   
You can buy 100% Olefin carpet from Home Depot that is in the bulk carpet section and then cut your strips out however wide and long you want them. It is also thicker and nicer than standard bunk carpeting.