Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (rhassen)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
Have any of you purchased the new wakekite by HO and what did you think of it? Any tips or techniques that made it fly like they advertise? We tried it this last week and one guy could fly it well over 20 feet as a pure beginner. It's to be a good break from wakeboarding/wakeskating.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-22-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
They just got some at a local boardshop here. I would love to try it but for 1500 I think I'll pass. It would be great to learn raleys with I think. I think it would give you tons of time to get the board back under yourself and land soft.
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-22-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
The guy to talk to is one of the founders (there were two original founders). The guy is Dan Meyers, seriously the most friendly and knowledgeable guy on the WakeKite, and he'll call you back (almost immediately) if you e-mail him through the contact page on www.wakekite.com. His direct mail is dan@wakekite.com too. He'll give you his cell phone number to call anytime for help!! I'd post it here, but that'd be a little too public for a cell posting, I think. Anyways, he's helped a lot of folks that have bought the kite, including my friend, and he (and the test riders) will even give free lessons if you're in the Oregon/Washington area. Totally sweet customer service unlike any I've ever seen. I've talked with Dan on a few occasions and the guy is solid, and totally cares about helping people learn the sport and have fun. E-mail him with your numbers for tips.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-22-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
I'll second the comments about Dan. HO & Hyperlite are fortunate to have such a standup guy. We've been on the water in Oregon and at the same time he walked a guy through his new wakekite setup at Lake Havasu over the phone.
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-25-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
I know there's at least one dealer in Oregon selling WakeKites, Active Water Sports, and they don't know that much about what they have; that is why my friend was connected to Dan. Seemed like the guy at AWS had never even seen it on the water!! How could that be? The sickest new toy! Every time my friend Jason and I go out with the kite we create a buzz on the river; always people asking what it is, where to get one, etc. I think it's going to explode because it's way too much fun.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
i don't think it will ever explode due to the cost, if they could find a way to make it under a grand i think lots more people would be into getting it
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-25-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^agree, would never drop that kinda cash
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-25-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
My friend just got a few of us to go in on it, and it was the best $300 I've spent in a long time. Of course, now I have paid rights to go out in his boat !

I agree though, if it were less expensive...it would definitely be more widespread. As for dropping the cash, my buddy spent a truckload on his boat, and all his other gear, so another $1500 in the grand scheme doesn't make that much difference. With the price what it is though, I hope it's not just rich folks getting to enjoy this thing, it's just too sick.

Also, I saw on their site today that it works behind a PWC? They're claiming 12' airs off a tiny PWC wake! Gotta try that.