Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (jimmysq)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-26-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
Has anybody beento lake mead we are goin up there august 11th up the overton arm can anybody tell me about the water level/conditions
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-26-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
it is going to be hot!!!!!! water temps will be in high 90's. I do not know about the levels right now though. plenty of guys from vegas on here who can help you out though.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
The lake is really down and it's dropping about a foot a week. You should be fine going out of the Overton arm. I've only been up to Echo a couple of times and there are some great spots to ride. Shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions. Later
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Also check out wakelv.com . It's a new site but there are some helpful people on there.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-26-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
They are currently redoing the ramp at overton. Hopefully they will be done by then if not sooner. We are planning a camping trip for that weekend so hit one of us up before if you want to hook up. New rocks are poping up every week be very careful where you ride. Water is in the mid 80's right now.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-26-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
ok ok, 1st things 1st, water temps never reach the high 90's, the lake is not dropping a foot a week and rocks really arent popping up everywhere.

they do a pretty good job of marking things so dont be afraid of that, water temps will be mid 80s and honestly it cant get much hotter then the 125+ that we saw on the 4th. but then again, shade is key, as well as a frosty beverage of choice.

water levels are down but last time out i didnt see it drop nearly as much as it has.

like Ron said, we are planning a camping trip that weekend and you are more then welcome to tag along. how many in your party? what kinda boat?

hit us up on the site too.
Old     (nitro909)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-27-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
I was out there the week of July 16. The weather was really good compared to when we were there last year. It was low 100's during the day, water temp was 78-80, and no monsoons rolled through. We launched out of Heminway. It was a fun trip, we didnt have too much glass, but then again, we didnt go out searching for it either.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-27-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
I like the water out of Calville alot better than Lake Mead or Hemmingway. It's a little cleaner on that end of the lake. However there are some better spots out of lake mead if you turn left and go into on of those little coves.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
I was out at mead in august of 2005. my water temp gauge was always in the mid to high 90's. it even hit 100 at one point. the gauge always worked before and after, so I dont see why it would have been lying to me at mead.
we did have glass for most of the day, for 6 days in a row.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I did Mead, camping just out of Overton, in Sept. 2005 for 3 days. Perfect glass last 2 hours of every evening and first 3-4 hours of each day. Mid afternoons though, the wind kicks up for a couple of hours and it might as well be the Pacific. Still, it was an awesome trip!
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-27-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
It seems like all my gauges go a little wacky up that way, I think its because of the extreme heat. We were up that way a few weeks ago and the water temperature was around 84-85 and the air temperature was between 110 and 121. The lake is lower than normal because they are flowing more into Mohave and the Colorado river. Still lake levels are nothing to worry about as it is a deep lake, just like everywhere you are unfamiliar with watch what you are doing.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-27-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Do you hear that. That is lake mead calling me right now. I might have to go home "sick" to go ride at lunch.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-27-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Guess where I'll be tomorrow and the next day.
Old     (jimmysq)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-27-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks,That helps out a bit we are goin out on house boat from echo bay and we usally stay up at glory hole area, We are taking my boat and wave runners Anybody have any info on smooth water up there I rodelast year by a place called the meadows it was smooth for about 10 miles

Again Thanks for the input
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-27-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
This will tell you all that you need to know about water levels, lake temp and air temp for lake mead..
http://lakemead.water-data.com/