Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-09-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   

We had some lights go out on the led strip along the windshield - we should be swapping them out soon. Navigation light function to be added soon on the corner of the windshield as well.

Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-09-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
Can't say as I like it at all. I guess for a boat show but that's it.
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-09-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
It's so stupid I like it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-09-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
everytime I go surfing....im constantly thinking...."DAMN IM MISSING MY SHOW!"......not any more hahahaha
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-09-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
I don't see it as practical unless a wakeboarding school is using it during lessons. However, it would be a cool option to have when you wanted it. One of the coolest dates you can do with your wife or GF is to take the boat out on a clear night and watch a movie out on the lake. It's kind of like going to a drive-in theater.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-09-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Well I saw the boatstereo.com sticker on the back of the boat so decided to go over there to check out the site. Let them know the site SUCKS.

Is this tv thing permanent or just for the show?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-09-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Brilliant! I think you should leave it on....

Somebody's mosquito problem just got better, and they'll say thank you
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
I'd like it better if there was a satellite hooked up to it
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-09-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
I can see that boat loaded down with a CIE sticker on the side...
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-09-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
obviously its for the show ...... great idea for the display for the show. The windshield IMO is overdoing it, as well as the leds on the transom shining down. other than that it looks from the pics that it is very well done. hope the show goes well for you all. ours is next week here in atlanta. kudos on creativity
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-09-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
the TV was done for diplaying previous installs. The TV is mounted with two WetSounds clamps that swivel...so you can put the TV on top of the tower or below. This is obviously a little overboard but it made sense for the show as it attracts attention - whether it's good or bad...I dont really care. As far as it being temporary - its as permanent as it is temporary. Just a couple of bolts to undo and its off. It would be pretty sweet to watch movie of a warm summer night with a bunch of people. Next step is to hook up the sound to the stereo!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-09-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
Why not put a retractable screen up and shoot it with a projector? That way you could actually use the boat and carry the stuff to play movies should the need arise. At my ski/wakeboard club I have played movies on my laptop hanging out on Saturday nights. At times I have had something like 10-15 people just hanging around the boat while it is sitting on the trailer. For occasions like that it would be pretty useful but I would not want to haul it around. I have been looking for a nice handheld projector that I can just hook up to my ipod. We don't need HD. The ones I have found are not really bright enough to shoot a picture as big as I want.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-09-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
Here are a few pics off my DSLR

Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-09-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
Where is the second sub at? Got a pic? First pic I saw of the amp rack under the seats, pretty nice.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-09-2011, 5:20 PM Reply   
The windshield base when the lights are turned off. The lexan was coated with some black lacquer so it blends into the windshield.

Last edited by factorykitted; 01-09-2011 at 5:23 PM.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       01-10-2011, 5:50 AM Reply   
Bad Ass!

I think some Wakeworlders have missed the point that this isn't necessarily a boat that's ready to hit the water... It's a show boat, and for that purpose it's epic! Very impressive indeed.

Bravo guys! Now get it sold and build something even better
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-10-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
that is awesome!! Obviously it's to generate attention at a show.... and i'm sure it does just that! Having a Projector is a cool idea as well, however i'm thinking that mosquito's could be a problem flocking to the light and obscuring the picture!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-10-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
Brian,

Where are the new side mounts for the G3? I guess ya'll ran out of time?

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-10-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
Tim - post some pic's of the new side mounts.
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-10-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
We have a dude with a pontoon who puts up a big inflatable screen on weekend nights and plays a movie at the sand bar. It's a GREAT time with the family! Sitting in the boat on a clear warm night just chillin. I'd put a tv up on my tower in a heart beat to be able to do that on occasion. My boat isn't JUST a tow machine, I like to use it for my own entertainment purposes as well-everything is better on the water!
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit_rider View Post
Bad Ass!

I think some Wakeworlders have missed the point that this isn't necessarily a boat that's ready to hit the water... It's a show boat, and for that purpose it's epic! Very impressive indeed.

Bravo guys! Now get it sold and build something even better

Don't be fooled, I ride behind this boat weekly. It's not just a show boat that sits in storage but a daily driven wake boat that functions just like another boat.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Tim - I didn't even notice that ...I guess Tom and the guys ran out of time. They busted their @$$ trying to get the Sunsation complete. Have you seen that boat by the way?! The engine bay is insane! I'll ask Tom about the mounts.
Old     (AP)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
I just got a brilliant idea for the 2012 MaliView!!! =P
Old     (dellagucci)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-10-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
little madden on the xbox or ps3 your choice..pretty sweet
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
im thinking i will slap the TV on when Im out dicking around. Im thinking I'll pull up to the nearest wifi spot on the lake and pop in some Call of Duty on the Xbox since it's wifi ready. This could be really fun!! Totally unnecessary but that whatever!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-10-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
You know, with a bigger screen, some bungee cords, and a pivot system that could replace the Z5 bimini cargo top.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 12:53 PM Reply   
already has the ability to pivot using the WetSounds clamps...all i need is the bungee cords!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-10-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
That is the first I have seen of how the amps are mounted - really awesome.

I really wish Tom at Texas Stereo would get his website up and going. He does some quality work and it needs to shown off. Is there anyone out there who does websites that needs a boat stereo...might be able to get a stellar deal in return for website work.

Anyway, that is a classy looking boat!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       01-10-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
Don't be fooled, I ride behind this boat weekly. It's not just a show boat that sits in storage but a daily driven wake boat that functions just like another boat.

I think I'm missing something, so you're saying you would go out riding and for a day of boating with that TV on the tower???
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
I'm saying that in less than 2min that TV can come off the boat. Not much to it. And yes if I really wanted to ride with the TV mounted I could, the TV can swivel right underneath or on top of the tower in seconds.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
im thinking i will slap the TV on when Im out dicking around. Im thinking I'll pull up to the nearest wifi spot on the lake and pop in some Call of Duty on the Xbox since it's wifi ready. This could be really fun!!
Na man you gotta play DJ Hero on that with the tunes turned up out at the party cove.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Na man you gotta play DJ Hero on that with the tunes turned up out at the party cove.
No need for that - I run Traktor Pro and Ableton through the stereo when I want to DJ
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-10-2011, 9:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsounds1 View Post
Brian,

Where are the new side mounts for the G3? I guess ya'll ran out of time?

Tim
Wet Sounds
He's gunna try and get them on over the next few days at the show.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-11-2011, 12:07 AM Reply   
I dig the tinted window. I might have to looking into that!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
No need for that - I run Traktor Pro and Ableton through the stereo when I want to DJ
Yes but with the Dj Hero you can integrate the monitor and get chicks involved.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-11-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
Good point. I bet you could have a pretty bitching Rock Band show down too!
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-11-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
Any pictures of the Sunsation?
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-11-2011, 9:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alindquist View Post
Any pictures of the Sunsation?
Only a few but nothing special. Im doing a full photo shoot of it once its completely finished.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2011, 10:52 PM Reply   
How about that pic of the second sub?
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-11-2011, 10:55 PM Reply   
Both subs are hidden by custom girlls. One under the drivers helm and the other under the glove box hatch.
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-12-2011, 1:04 AM Reply   
man thats sick....how do you keep your boat that shiny?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2011, 4:19 AM Reply   
i dont see how that could ever have problems! trailer 75mph , a damp road, a quick sprinkle, a torrentiol downpour,a rowdy bunch, a jackass on a jetski spraying you, low bridges, no place to attach the rope, NOTHING
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-12-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
this would be perfect for the tailgate parties at UW football games.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-12-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 882001 View Post
i dont see how that could ever have problems! trailer 75mph , a damp road, a quick sprinkle, a torrentiol downpour,a rowdy bunch, a jackass on a jetski spraying you, low bridges, no place to attach the rope, NOTHING
cost to floss....
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
i would agree about the truck, and see a use for it but i dont really go to the lake to watch reruns of matlock and the golden girls
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-14-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Brian-
Boat looks sick!!!!
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-14-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
What did you all use for the lights around the bottom of the seats?
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-14-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
Lexan
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-14-2011, 3:00 PM Reply   
That is sick!!!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       01-17-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
funny thread
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-18-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
Brian, I sent you a PM!
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-18-2011, 10:21 PM Reply   
Ryan - never got anything from you...
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-18-2011, 10:38 PM Reply   
why not mount the TV on the floor, under lexan, basically like that wet sounds tige did with the amps.....that would be cool and just as useful but more practical!

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 01-18-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-19-2011, 1:01 AM Reply   
that would be sickk....just use one of those new super slim LED TV's, and put a lexan sheet over the top and a complete false floor throughout the rest of the boat...haha you could get a mssive TV, that takes up most of the floor.....
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-19-2011, 5:41 AM Reply   
Why not just just pull the rear ballast tanks, remove the engine, mount a love seat where the sun pad is, weld in a custom coffee table, build dual slide outs on either side of the boat with a recliner one one side and a double chair with ottoman on the other, two end tables with fibre optic internet connected to the tv and a router for your laptop, replace the entire floor with hard wood (light pecan satin finish), build an extension on the tower so you can mount an overhead ceiling fan, and to top it off, remove the entire seating are in the front of the boat and build a working wood burning fireplace with full brick chimney. Oh wait, that's my living room. Nevermind.

Sweet setup for the boatshow!
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-19-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
Ok Brian, tried again...
Old     (txstereo)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-20-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Brian-
Forget It! Dont think about it! Were not gonna install a TV in the floor, put a sectional sofa in the back, or install a wood-burning fireplace in the bow! However, I do have one little bright idea with a big "wow factor" that we are implementing to your G3 tower right now. Hmm, I bet your wondering what?
Youll see by this weekend.
Tom
Texas Stereo
www.boatstereo.com

PS- We still havent received your check! JK
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-20-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstereo View Post
Brian-
Forget It! Dont think about it! Were not gonna install a TV in the floor, put a sectional sofa in the back, or install a wood-burning fireplace in the bow! However, I do have one little bright idea with a big "wow factor" that we are implementing to your G3 tower right now. Hmm, I bet your wondering what?
Tom
Texas Stereo
www.boatstereo.com

Tom have you looked at your site lately? You really should hire someone to finish it for you, why link your website when it doesn't even have any content? Show off some of that cool work you guys do over there.
Old     (txstereo)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-20-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
Yep-
Needs improvement I agree. Anyone looking for trade of work/equip that has a desire to redesign website is invited to contact me for details. Hey- We spend more time in the shop than on the internet!
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-20-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
this is true - an overdone website makes it looks like they have a bit too much on their hands when they should be in the shop. arent we all about minimalism these days anyways?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-20-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Hahaha ok suit yourself if it doesn't matter to you. I just think you're selling yourself short a little in that area, would be an opportunity to showcase some of the creative things you've done. Seems like if you're willing to spend the time and plug the website and have it printed on stickers and banners a guy would make sure something is actually on the site he's trying to promote.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Who mentioned anything about an overdone website? How about a simple one that has pictures of the work that has been completed instead of foreign languages when you click a tab.

What an awesome opporunity for someone to trade web desing skills for a stereo install.

ps...minimalism-you -come on

Last edited by murphy_smith; 01-20-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-20-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
hmmm....a 65'' LED 3d ready on the front cross bar of the G3 so the front passenger can watch Avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstereo View Post
Brian-
Tom
Texas Stereo
www.boatstereo.com

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-22-2011, 9:46 PM Reply   
Nice now i can play a little game of PS3 while i am surfing !!!