Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-09-2015, 3:32 PM Reply   
There's a small boat show in Springfield Mo. Most of the wake boat dealers will also do one of the two KC boat shows and then also the St. Louis boat show ... dealer territorial limits allowing ... since many of the high-income boaters on Table Rock and Bull Shoals are from the bigger cities.

Still, there was at least an X23 ... and ... a G23.

I own a 2006 SV-211 ... and ... like it ... a lot.

If I wanted to spend needless cash for an upgrade I don't need, it would be to a Nautique G21 ... only. When the price or mood is right, I will. It's pretty accurate to say that ... I have 'coke bottle' thick owner's goggles.

But ... I was unsettled by these comparisons after inspecting these two boats at the boat show.

The Mastercraft interior layout, upholstery, dashboard and helm seemed like the ultimate in luxury. The G23 was OK. But things I like in my 2006 Nautique are gone, like ... the heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform with tire-rubber grip covering ... the heavy-lidded glove box with a flat tire-rubber traction surface. Most of this is replaced by cheap plastic. The glove box lid is curved. It is no longer anywhere to throw a cell phone.

In fact, so much of my 2006 Nautique top deck that was fiberglass had been replaced with cheap-looking plastic.

And the helm too. The G23 has one 6 x 8 LCD screen, which is probably able to display and provide for controls of the Space Shuttle ... if need be. But the Mastercraft set of 'bling' controls add to the 'wow' factor of the boat.

And so on ... with other minor comparisons. But overwhelmingly, in my opinion, Nautique has backtracked a little bit from its reputation of 'quality in build' and has let Mastercraft widen the gap it always has had, in more aesthetic build.

But that's just my opinion.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-09-2015, 4:28 PM Reply   
Of all the things ever said about a G23 this is the first time I have ever seen it referred to as cheap looking and plastic. Are you sure you were in a G?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-09-2015, 5:35 PM Reply   
Did you mistake an ASR for a G23? Lol
Old     (dxii)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-09-2015, 6:18 PM Reply   
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-09-2015, 10:43 PM Reply   
Interesting comment re the ASR since I hadn't seen either helms I thought that I should have a look found this picture on the Tige website but Nautique like there helm so much they don't even post a picture of it only the screen which I suspect if the G series follow suit use the same helm as the rest of the range that doesn't do much for me personally
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-10-2015, 5:52 AM Reply   
hah, it was a joke man. Un-rustle your jimmies.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-10-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imscarlet View Post
Interesting comment re the ASR since I hadn't seen either helms I thought that I should have a look found this picture on the Tige website but Nautique like there helm so much they don't even post a picture of it only the screen which I suspect if the G series follow suit use the same helm as the rest of the range that doesn't do much for me personally
Does the driver get free haircuts while in motion????? Looks like they robbed a barber shop for that chair
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2015, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Does the driver get free haircuts while in motion????? Looks like they robbed a barber shop for that chair
Looks like a recliner, lol
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-10-2015, 11:13 AM Reply   
Good call re the chair maybe should see if there boat designer program can do a barbershop interior option
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       02-10-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
That chair is easily the best helm seat in the wakeboat world. I know the cool thing to do is bash Tige around here, but if you haven't sat in it, you should probably hop in a Tige before commenting on it. Tige has their faults, for sure (like everyone else), but the helm area is definitely not one of them. I used to sell Tige, but no longer have any affiliation with them. In fact, if I were buying a new boat today, it'd probably be Supra or Malibu. But I do wish they had Tige's helm area.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-10-2015, 3:41 PM Reply   
poor Tige. I opened this thread with no knowledge or wish this would lead to Tige bashing.

^^^ Froggy ^^^ ". Are you sure you were in a G?"

Yes. In a Nautique G23. Talking to my new post-recession local Nautique dealer about G21's. Also noticing how the 210 has taken on bloat, same cost-cutting material measures which lend to a cheap quality, and lack of FAE. (Q: Froggy, you don't own an inboard ski or wakeboard boat, is that right?)

Really I thought, MasterCraft distinguished itself with its new line-up. The G23 and G21 might produce the best alternative enhancements in wake development for the Nautique line-up since a sacked-out 2001, but the X23 is going to cause the most jaws to drop when it pulls up to the fuel dock. Sure, that's based on looks. But wake desirability was always a MasterCraft strong point over history. Surely the MC new boats didn't lose that.

Last edited by john211; 02-10-2015 at 3:45 PM. Reason: sp
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       02-10-2015, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
poor Tige. I opened this thread with no knowledge or wish this would lead to Tige bashing.

^^^ Froggy ^^^ ". Are you sure you were in a G?"

Yes. In a Nautique G23. Talking to my new post-recession local Nautique dealer about G21's. Also noticing how the 210 has taken on bloat, same cost-cutting material measures which lend to a cheap quality, and lack of FAE. (Q: Froggy, you don't own an inboard ski or wakeboard boat, is that right?)

Really I thought, MasterCraft distinguished itself with its new line-up. The G23 and G21 might produce the best alternative enhancements in wake development for the Nautique line-up since a sacked-out 2001, but the X23 is going to cause the most jaws to drop when it pulls up to the fuel dock. Sure, that's based on looks. But wake desirability was always a MasterCraft strong point over history. Surely the MC new boats didn't lose that.
You're right.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       02-11-2015, 6:46 AM Reply   
Can confirm, that Tige drivers seat is very nice.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-11-2015, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Can confirm, that Tige drivers seat is very nice.
agreed
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       02-11-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
That seat is pimp to the extreme!!!

I sat in one at the show...i feel like I could make butt grooves