Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2017, 2:17 PM Reply   
They have a app for that. I was picking up my Scuba tank from a store here in SF and this billboard was acrosss the street. I had to share
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 06-29-2017 at 2:19 PM.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-30-2017, 7:35 AM Reply   
Wow too much weed available too numb the minds. Just had a friend finish cancer treatment and he is cancer free now. His treatment was his own . He did three treatments of systemic chemo and then quit chemo and never started specific radiation. Instead started to process marijuana bud and gave it to himself via enema . This would be a fast ride into the system. Never got high . Why? I have no idea. Chalk one up for medical marijuana?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-30-2017, 9:05 AM Reply   
Total Wine recently announced their.. "Too drunk to drive home delivery".
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2017, 9:07 AM Reply   
I also saw Uber now does Food Delivery.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-03-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
Instacart services multiple stores as well.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-03-2017, 11:48 AM Reply   
Have you seen that pizza places deliver to people who are too fat/lazy to go get it themselves?! Amazing!

That MJ up the butt story cracked my up Dennis!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-18-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Have you seen that pizza places deliver to people who are too fat/lazy to go get it themselves?! Amazing!

unheard of!!! pizza brought to your house?!?!

pssh. I'm ready for Amazon to let shops register as vendors. delivered by drone in 2 hours. dudes on a bike work until then
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-20-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
You can vote by mail these days too! What will they think of next!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
Good to know you think Pizza & Pot are one in the same.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-20-2017, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Good to know you think Pizza & Pot are one in the same.
Well, they sort of are & pair very nicely together TBF
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2017, 12:37 PM Reply   
Personally I think pot smokers are bunch of dumbasses . But this is just my opinion . I was with some friends this weekend and over for a story of people getting totally wasted on pot confused cookies. Mind you these are 50 something adults. Yea let's go to a party and then eat pot and fall asleep
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2017, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Personally I think pot smokers are bunch of dumbasses .
So what's your excuse? I bet there are a lot of pot smokers that can properly determine when it's appropriate to use "threw" vs "though".
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-20-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
I hate it when the cookies are confused.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2017, 6:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
So what's your excuse? I bet there are a lot of pot smokers that can properly determine when it's appropriate to use "threw" vs "though".
John so you like to hit the pipe? makes sence. You know it stunts your growth, o wait don't worry it's way to late for you, You know if I gave a dam I guess I could use spell check. Would that make you and Wes & Wake like me more? You Libs seem to real get upset at my spelling so why would you think I would ever change?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-20-2017, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Personally I think pot smokers are bunch of dumbasses . But this is just my opinion . I was with some friends this weekend and over for a story of people getting totally wasted on pot confused cookies. Mind you these are 50 something adults. Yea let's go to a party and then eat pot and fall asleep
Yet, I'm willing to bet you have no issues with people getting drunk. Personally, I would rather go to a party with "pot confused cookies (whatever the fcuk that means)" and people falling asleep as to go where a bunch of dudes are puking and smashing beer cans on their heads. That's just me though.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2017, 7:02 PM Reply   
the Libral Loons are all chiming in, thank you for your wisdom wake Wow it's so surprising to think you wouldn't wanna go to what sounds like a Frat party, with everyone puking and smashing beer cans. Wow that's so surprising I can't see why or how you wouldn't wanna take part in all that fun?? Wake be honest we're Frat boys not nice to you? Were you part of a collage hazing gone bad?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2017, 7:43 PM Reply   
Being open minded about drugs isn't Liberal it's Libertarian. They are pretty much the opposite of each other politically.

As far as I'm concerned all drugs should be legalized and then taxed in proportion to there social harm. If some drongo-dropkick wants to smoke himself to oblivion I don't see the collective have a right to stop him. Especially when its a plant he can grow in his back yard.

The hypocrisy of legalized highs like alcohol and illegal highs like pot makes no sense to me.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2017, 8:06 PM Reply   
Legalize ALL Drugs. Sorry friend but that is the most stupid thing you and anyone could EVER say. Sure it sounds great. But the real word impact would be a Nightmare. Washington and Colorado are already saying the Emergency rooms are filling with Infants with Brain issues. They are saying that Pot attacks fatty tissue and the biggest fatty tissue a human has is the brain. They are saying that a young developing brain is more at risk then a adult brain. So No! legalized pot sounds like a Libral wet dream but in reality my money is on that's it's gonna bight us in the ass. And then you have the hard stuff. Where do you think the addicted show up. Who pays for them? And you think it would be a great idea to make more of them? Sorry I have to disagree
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-21-2017, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
John so you like to hit the pipe? makes sence. You know it stunts your growth, o wait don't worry it's way to late for you, You know if I gave a dam I guess I could use spell check.
Sorry Grant, but spell check isn't going to tell you whether to use threw or through. It will help you with "sence". But not with "dam".
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-21-2017, 5:52 AM Reply   
Grant, once again killing us with irony.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-21-2017, 6:07 AM Reply   
I don't get why people have such a hard on for some weed. Yet those same people will drink a bottle of jack & somehow justify it being better.
Old     (fish6942)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-21-2017, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Personally I think pot smokers are bunch of dumbasses ...
A third grader could point out the grammatical irony in this one. Makes for a good laugh though.

Last edited by fish6942; 07-21-2017 at 6:15 AM.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-21-2017, 6:56 AM Reply   
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...iminalization/

Portugal legalized all drugs a while ago and it seems to be going in the right direction. Grant I'm not liberal, I'm more moderate than anything and this anti-pot sentiment is an old school thought that needs to go away. Yes California has legal weed but you want to see a functioning society that has one of the fastest growing economies in the country, come check out Denver. Weed isn't taboo here, its just normal like everything else.

Also to your point about weed being bad for the developing Brain.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-legalization/

We are seeing no increase in youth usage of marijuana after the legalization.

Last edited by tweeder; 07-21-2017 at 7:00 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
My Opinion is this. Some things sound great in concept, but in Reality they turn out to be a nightmare. How pissed would you be if some crack head killed your family because he wanted to go buy some "Legal Crack" or Meth Head rob's you because he needed his Legal Meth. If you don't think making drugs like crack and meth legal would NOT cause a uptick in more people becoming addicted well I don't know what to say. I see it as it would or could cause a break down in society. Hell they have to lock up spray paint and glue so dumb ass people don't steal it and huff it. I say if you wanna make hard drugs legal make them so that they KILL YOU after 1 use. The pain and suffering and misiry that Legal hard drugs would cause IMO would be hell. I'm telling you these Libral social experiment's you Dong Tards keep having fantasies about. Why don't all you idiots that know how to spell better then me Band together and create a Libral Utopia where you can have all your ideas come true. No Trump multi culture bubble Make it a island, free everything, legal drugs,no boarders Ect live out your Libral fantasies,

You know what a hell hole you would have? LOL even you idiots know what a scum bag paradise that would create. You talk about Irony. Pot meet Kettle

Last edited by grant_west; 07-21-2017 at 8:03 AM.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-21-2017, 8:25 AM Reply   
Grant your problem is all of your "theories" are emotional based and you don't have any evidence but your feels to back up what you believe would happen. I gave you two articles from a non biased sources that have evidence that states when you decriminalize ,drug usage, treat the users psychological problem, treat dealers and producers the same as before, you have an increase in public health, no break down of society and a decrease of drug users. Evidence that completely contradicts your claim of that it would cause an uptick of more people becoming addicted which have zero studies or evidence to support that. Then I posted another source of evidence that points to regardless if a drug is legal, people who want to use will still use at least within the youth on America.

Asking how I would feel about a crack head killing my family is an emotionally based question that is more a logical fallacy than anything. To address it, I have higher chance of my family being in danger from a crack head trying to acquire illegal meth than one trying to get legal meth. Why? Because in America we shove drug users to the side like a deplorable and do not do anything to help curb their addiction so they become more and more desperate to find a way to consume the drug. If we treated them as medical issues we could theorize to see less issues in society from the evidence produced by Portugal.

There is no irony here. You come from a generation that created the tradition of the war on drugs and were raised to believe things like a society breakdown if drugs were decriminalized and chaos would ensue. That was pumped into society as propaganda from the government. I came from an era where I was raised seeing the failure of the war on drugs and have a different perspective on it. To call me an idiot because I don't agree with your perspective is the worst way to try to interact socially to get people to agree with you shows me that you can't figure out how to behave successfully socially (at least on forums) and most likely wouldn't be able to comprehend how decriminalization of drugs would affect society.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
So if I found and posted 3 studies that supported my point of view you would change your mind? I don't think so.
Question do you think Studies while done in a controlled environment always transfer into real world results. How many government studies that came out saying we should do this or do that later came back to be 100% WRONG.

Example do you know what MTBE is. It's a fule additive the "government studies" said would make our cars run cleaner, do some research let me know how that worked out for the environment.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2017, 9:51 AM Reply   
Portugal is a very real country with very real results and data that can be extrapolated. Nothing "controlled environment" about it. Portugal went from having one of the highest numbers of addicts per capita in Europe to the lowest. It is not open to interpretation, it is quite simply the fact of the matter.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-21-2017, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
So if I found and posted 3 studies that supported my point of view you would change your mind? I don't think so.
Question do you think Studies while done in a controlled environment always transfer into real world results. How many government studies that came out saying we should do this or do that later came back to be 100% WRONG.

Example do you know what MTBE is. It's a fule additive the "government studies" said would make our cars run cleaner, do some research let me know how that worked out for the environment.
Grant, can I summarize your view as "science has been imperfect and wrong in the past and therefore I can never trust science for anything. I'll use my gut instead?"
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2017, 10:37 AM Reply   
The notion that what works in some 3rd world country will work here is malarkey. Example , fat ass Michale Moore's documentary bowling for Columbine. They go to Canada and find that most people in Canada don't lock their doors or have guns but yet they have some of the lowest break in crime and low gun crime. So because of his results should we all unlock our doors and throw away our guns?
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Good lord man, surely you're not as dense as you come off. I'm convinced you just troll here.

Just in case you really are as stupid and uneducated as you come off, Portugal is not a 3rd world country.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-21-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
^^^And a fat ass michael moore documentary is not science. lol
I have a friend that has had MS for almost 20 years. He has tried many different medications that either did not work or turned him zombie like. He now takes CBD oil . CBD is the other chem in marijuana. It causes no high. THC is what gets you high. It manages his pain better than anything else he tried. Still its a Federal schedule 1 illegal drug. Its legal in CA now, lets see how it goes.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-21-2017, 7:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
The notion that what works in some 3rd world country will work here is malarkey. Example , fat ass Michale Moore's documentary bowling for Columbine. They go to Canada and find that most people in Canada don't lock their doors or have guns but yet they have some of the lowest break in crime and low gun crime. So because of his results should we all unlock our doors and throw away our guns?
"3rd world country", LOL.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-21-2017, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

Do you think cancer is funny or do you just like stories about things in your rectum?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2017, 9:28 AM Reply   
Here is a list of other 3rd World places
1. Oakland.Ca
2. Chicago. IL
3. East Palo Alto. CA
4. Detroit.MI
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-22-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
Left is hiding the 60 plus flash mobs robbing trains in Oakland. Most robberies are taking place about 9:30 PM. Not only rapes but flash rob robberies. It was not publisized.

Liberals are Ignorant or Evil. If they know about this and deny it then they are evil.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-22-2017, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Here is a list of other 3rd World places
1. Oakland.Ca
2. Chicago. IL
3. East Palo Alto. CA
4. Detroit.MI
Just curious, but why do you classify Portugal in the same category as these cities?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2017, 9:52 PM Reply   
Fake ; Have your ever been to Portugal
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-23-2017, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Fake ; Have your ever been to Portugal
Yes, beautiful place. Reminded me nothing of Detroit.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-24-2017, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:

I would read them carefully, consider the sources and who knows what the outcome is. You are right, there are plenty of studies that turn out to be wrong. It happens all the time and scientist get shunned for from the community to only find out they were correct all along.

The two issues with your rebuttal is:

1. The studies were not performed by a government entity which you seem to distrust their science, but the Cato Institute.

2. You are talking about controlled studies. I whole heated agree with you, their is always some x factor that changes everything when you get into the real world. Most of the studies you are talking about is some form chemistry or physics experiment not study of population like Portugal. They just are not the same and can not be compared.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-01-2017, 4:41 PM Reply   
g~eeee??? I think i wizzzed myself ,,,The reason I smoke pot is I'm a GENESIS ,SO I can come Down to your level of thinking ,,,My friend is the Pot Doctor where I live at least 60% of these people Are SICK and the city's don't allow dispensary even though its legal ,this is How people get there meds...You know NOTHING about So MUCH ???
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-04-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hey Moose I noticed that you mentioned in this thread and the other thread that you’ve “Wizzed” yourself a few times. Perhaps you should try some adult diapers? Ok with that out of the way. Now as far as this pot Dr With his “pot medicine”. That’s great. I’m all for it. No problem. Cool. What I object to is how pot seems to draw in the roach a$$ People. Example on 2 different occasions we’ve had people move into our hood and illegally grow and distribute pot. The lady across the street just evicted the roaches across the street. They set up Shop and don’t give a F” they make so much money and the cops either turn a blind eye to it or it’s low priority, but for us folks that just wanna live in peace and be left alone haveing people growing pot in and around you is a pain in the ass. I came out to my garbage the other day and the pot growers had left this for me.
Attached Images

Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
Round up
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-04-2017, 8:31 PM Reply   
Now that Im Down to your level, g~eee,I think you wizzed yourself ...OOOOH Yeah...the cops turn turn a blind Eye ,because its legal to grow (in Cali 99 plants )...I see your making friends everywhere you go ,Your NeighBras are hooking You up with some Herbal Tea ,Your soooo Up tight...You know nothing, about soooo Much,I think you forget your seat on that bike you ride.I know those alcohol dealers draw the roach a$$ People...there are 2 kinds of drug dealers, Ones with forklifts and ones with out...
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-04-2017, 8:55 PM Reply   
Moose.
To each his own. Your down with Pot great you do you. I’ll tell you from first hand experience in my hood Pot brings in the Roaches. I know this from first hand experience.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-05-2017, 5:26 PM Reply   
I knew the Cartoon mite be to much for ya...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-05-2017, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
I’ll tell you from first hand experience in my hood Pot brings in the Roaches. I know this from first hand experience.
If you need weed in nor cal contact G...his buds so dank it brings the roaches ..lol
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-06-2017, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
hahahahaha!!!!!

I'm from the bay area where high ranking CEO's, CFO's, and top Silicon Valley Execs smoke weed. There's a difference between weed smokers and total pothead / burnouts that sit around and do that **** all day.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
Grant: I have voted Republican every time; I am a high wage earner who likes guns; I am even a Christian. I drink a little on weekends. I have 4 kids, all young. I denounce the heck out of debt. I proudly served in the US military as an officer for 5 years.

I am a supporter of POT legalization. What the hell do you make of that?

(Sips tea) 🤣🤣🤣
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 1:12 PM Reply   
Lol just shows the type of Christian you are one who drinks and supports drugs. Why even put that statement in there?
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 1:17 PM Reply   
I got the exact judgemental BS reply I expected, but I didn’t expect it from you I expected Grant. Ding ding you win!

(Hint: that was included to paint the picture of my conservative nature)
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-06-2017, 1:31 PM Reply   
Excessive canabis use can cause some to learn not to bathe.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
I got the exact judgemental BS reply I expected, but I didn’t expect it from you I expected Grant. Ding ding you win!

(Hint: that was included to paint the picture of my conservative nature)
Yeah people always twisting Christianity to fit in their lifestyle that's not how it works. If you don't know anything about it then don't bother mentioning it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-06-2017, 3:13 PM Reply   
While some here have professed that Upscale people they know "Smoke Pot" that's not what I have come across. Hey if you wanna smoke pot great I seriously don't give a "F" What you do behind your closed doors is your business. O Wait You smoke out on your porch in the front of your house & your smoke lingers and comes in my house? O and you have your firend's over and they all do the same?? Hummmm. Sorry, Not a fan. Oo and you want to grow it in your house & then you wanna sell it to your BUD's & have them come over at all hrs and pick some up! Um No thanks, again not a fan! But I guess if you're a dumb a$$ roach A$$ pot smoker you're clueless anyways so what does it matter. "But Bro I have a medical Pot Licence so its all cool"
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 3:17 PM Reply   
Please, do tell us how it works. Aside from “you can’t drink alcohol or toke a little herb,” what else are the tenants of Christianity? I have to assume judging others harshly is right up there. I wouldn’t have taken you for a raging Bible thumper given your colorful posting around WW. But, I don’t know much about your faith, obviously.

Let’s acknowledge that the US government decided weed was a bad thing way back in the last century. For basically inexplicable reasons. Examine the history of the war on drugs sometime. It’s almost laughable that weed was targeted.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
I recall your extremely graceful and loving comments on the Kyle the Goose thread. I should have known you’re an exemplary Christian at that time. My bad!

Anyway, pot doesn’t bother me. Legalize it, tax it appropriately, move on. For sure let sick people use it (father in law has Parkinson’s).

Other heavier drugs aren’t -to me- in the same realm as pot and alcohol. WARNING: it’s my opinion. Love you guys
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-06-2017, 3:39 PM Reply   
They legalized weed here in CO and it's been Armageddon ever since.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-06-2017, 3:47 PM Reply   
wakeslash is a fake christian troll.

I don't mind drinkers, do what you want in your house. O, you want to drink in your garage while working on a project in plain view of the public? O wait you want to float around in your boat drinking playing music and driving? O you want to have your friends over to your place and drink by the fire pit in public view? Sorry not a fan. do you have your buds stop at the liquor store and stop by with more beer? Seriously tho, Pot is legal in CA in 3 weeks. Wake up. Don't be hypocrite makes you look dumb.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
They legalized weed here in CO and it's been Armageddon ever since.

LOLOLOLOL sure has. Place is basically Syria.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 4:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
wakeslash is a fake christian troll.

I don't mind drinkers, do what you want in your house. O, you want to drink in your garage while working on a project in plain view of the public? O wait you want to float around in your boat drinking playing music and driving? O you want to have your friends over to your place and drink by the fire pit in public view? Sorry not a fan. do you have your buds stop at the liquor store and stop by with more beer? Seriously tho, Pot is legal in CA in 3 weeks. Wake up. Don't be hypocrite makes you look dumb.
LOL rephrase your paragraph it doesn't make any sense.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-06-2017, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOLOLOLOL sure has. Place is basically Syria.
Worse. It's full of liberals
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Please, do tell us how it works. Aside from “you can’t drink alcohol or toke a little herb,” what else are the tenants of Christianity? I have to assume judging others harshly is right up there. I wouldn’t have taken you for a raging Bible thumper given your colorful posting around WW. But, I don’t know much about your faith, obviously.

Let’s acknowledge that the US government decided weed was a bad thing way back in the last century. For basically inexplicable reasons. Examine the history of the war on drugs sometime. It’s almost laughable that weed was targeted.
Because drinking,partying and drugs don't mix with Christianity which is what your saying you pos. Lmao your the furthest thing from a Christian i could imagine.

A high wage earner my arse, high wage earners dont sit on wakeworld and troll people all day stop being a lying snake.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 7:31 PM Reply   
You caught me. All lies.

We should hang. I think we could be great friends. A lot in common.

Also, calling me a POS. Very graceful and Christ-like. Good on you there, brother! 🤣

Last edited by dakota4ce; 12-06-2017 at 7:37 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 7:33 PM Reply   
Was that your explanation of Christianity BTW? So I know for future reference.

Maybe by “high wage earner” I meant someone who earns wages stoned out of their mind all day long. Hmmmm.

Wakeslash—as a point of curiosity, how old are you my fine man?

Last edited by dakota4ce; 12-06-2017 at 7:41 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 7:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Worse. It's full of liberals

Geez. How have you all managed? Has to be tough. Can’t imagine!
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 7:59 PM Reply   
But g~eee??? why do U keep wizzzing on yourself??? But U do give a "F" what people do,,,you started this thread ,So thats what thay call it Now when you get ur scuba tank in S.F. NOW??? You see pot smokers are responsible enough to have the bud delivered ,instead of what drinkers do ,GO DRIVE and get some MORE Beer... So your saying your neighBRAS are siting on there porch Smoking Bud ,all hours of the day ,You don't live in Newport Beach where people live on top of people ,,, how do you know what that are doing??? you siting on your porch drinking a beer watching what the NeighBRAS are doing ??? you do give a "F"
IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE LIVE ,,,DON'T SMOKE WEED ,YOUR MAKING US LOOK BAD ,GO BACK TO BEER...
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-06-2017, 8:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Yeah people always twisting Christianity to fit in their lifestyle
Especially Christians : Roy Moore, child molester is up in the polls because of the religious right.
One of thousands of examples.

How much is a good price to sell my daughter (as approved in the bible).
I may have been near a woman while she was on the rag, I believe that is unclean and I need to be punished (or her, I can't remember now)

The best way to become athiest is to read the bible.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 8:36 PM Reply   
dakota are you just surprised there's people on here that will call out your BS when they see it? surprise surprise unfortunalty theres only a couple of people on wakeworld that have brains the rest just nutjob liberals like yourself saying your fine with drugs and then saying your a Christian like seriously man gtfo with that your wack.

Interesting its legal in three weeks, wondering why California is burning up right now tho hmmm. California is as close to sodom and gomorrah as they come unfortunately. Might be time to ease up on all the evil going on in there imo.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 8:45 PM Reply   
We only got a peek at what happens in hollywood with all these sexual harassment claims.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 9:27 PM Reply   
I admit slash, you’re good. Very good. You have me nailed! I am not surprised. The moment I read one of your posts I knew you were a cut above and wouldn’t let me get away with anything!

Maybe curb the cussing abbreviations a tad, they’re very unbecoming of your lifestyle as a fire and brimstone Christian.

So CA is on fire as punishment from God for all of its drugs and sexual perversions? Got it.

Nutjob liberal. LOL! I haven’t cast a single left vote in my life. Oh shoot, you will probably call me out on this too! Damnit!

I can’t win. I will let you have your time to crucify me with your razor sharp insights. Go easy! Please!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-06-2017, 9:30 PM Reply   
PS are you my nephew by chance? You sound like him. No wait, you can’t be, I think he has tried pot before. Never mind.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-06-2017, 9:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
I admit slash, you’re good. Very good. You have me nailed! I am not surprised. The moment I read one of your posts I knew you were a cut above and wouldn’t let me get away with anything!

Maybe curb the cussing abbreviations a tad, they’re very unbecoming of your lifestyle as a fire and brimstone Christian.

So CA is on fire as punishment from God for all of its drugs and sexual perversions? Got it.

Nutjob liberal. LOL! I haven’t cast a single left vote in my life. Oh shoot, you will probably call me out on this too! Damnit!

I can’t win. I will let you have your time to crucify me with your razor sharp insights. Go easy! Please!
There's definitely a lot of crap going down in CA you can deny it all you want.
Your sarcasm is not funny.

Last edited by wakeslash; 12-06-2017 at 9:44 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-07-2017, 4:14 AM Reply   
I don’t think I denied it. I also don’t think God is torching CA.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-07-2017, 6:47 AM Reply   
Lets leave god out for a second. Legalization of weed has come with its own set of issues here. Economy got a boost, but we also ended up with tent cities downtown & they've ruined parts of the 16th St, Mall & other areas of downtown. Very aggressive & sometimes violent pan handling as well. The tax money that was supposed to go to schools is being poorly managed & once divided isn't all that much going to the schools. From a law point stand, and I get better info since a buddy is under cover DPD, it ain't hippies & good people at the top, a vast majority is cartles, mafia, asian mafies, russian mafias, they're all here & for now they play nice but for how long? The state is no longer issuing any licenses to growers or shops & that will play into the crime & turf wars. There have been several dispensaries that went to my buddy as they knew him & told him the Mexican Cartels came into his shop & told him the only product he sells moving forward will be there product. Buddy told him not much we can do bro.

We have had a huge uptick in crime but I can't say that is all from legalizing. I know kids have always been finding their drugs but now they have access to edibles, the bomb nugs, shatters, waxes, vapes all very high concentrates & easily accessible. **** when I started monitoring my son since he was out of control & retarded from dabbing all the time they all had private facebook groups solely for buying, selling & trading drugs. The shocker to me was how easily these idiots were getting Oxy's & blow. But it was painfully obvious it was the Seniors who got medical cards at 18, bought Ounces & stuff for half the street price & dolled it out at school. Out of 3,000 kids at my kids HS 2/3 are every day users, most of them good kids with decent grades & play sports so at least some are responsible about it. My son though? Went full retard for a bit. Am I somewhat torn on the issue these days, totally supported legalization, but seeing first hand the issues. I think they are growing pains but I do worry about our youth frying their brains before they've developed.

I don't think weeds a gateway drug, I don't think it's bad but it does do damage to developing minds & how easy it is for these kids to get bothers me. It was one thing back in the day when our ditch weed was low THC, but the good stuff these days is unreal, tasty & gets you high AF. I also don't think it should be shunned & banned from being consumed in public. Who gives a s **** if a guy gets high downtown, enters a bar & has a few beers. He's probably the last person in there I need to worry about. Sadly, the people I DO have to worry about downtown aren't white but most are there for the sole purpose of starting trouble or picking a fight. Go figure, stereotypes write themselves so most can S T FU if they want to live in denial about it & think it's racist to call a spade a spade. Overall though aside from the smell of the grow houses, the annoying neon signs every 100' advertising weed it's been either happy people get it or crotchety old people that bitch about it yet it doesn't impact their life at all.

Last edited by racer808; 12-07-2017 at 6:51 AM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-07-2017, 7:52 AM Reply   
Nice thoughtful post. Good perspective! I would say one major issue has to do with the fact that it Is illegal at the federal level, and the entire industry has to be conducted in cash. That invites major trouble every turn, does it not?

Give us your thoughts on how legal marijuana compares to alcohol in the same light that you laid out for us above. I would be curious to know how those two things stack up in your mind. For real, not trolling in the least!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-07-2017, 7:54 AM Reply   
Our geographic proximity to Mexico invites some major issues, I can imagine. That’s scary stuff!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-07-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
What do you think would happen if we just legalized growing? Like, the every day guy could have a garden with a few plants in it for his own usage? What do you think the effect of that would be over time?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-07-2017, 8:34 AM Reply   
To answer your question about alcohol we need to go back to prohibition. Most don't realize prohibition actually worked & was in response to alcoholism being out of control in this country which lead to huge domestic violence, crime, etc. So prohibition cut that in half & made it harder to everyday Joe to get his booze. Sure others made it, the mob made it, but you had to have connections to get in those clubs & roaring 20's parties. Drawback was when it was over it was all the mobs that had the money & know how so all the major breweries / distilleries were actually started by crime organizations. In my mind todays booze vs pot; I don't see people getting stoned & starting fights or throwing up all over the place at clubs & what not. I don't think stoned drivers pose the threat that drunks do either.

Cash issue was a problem but now they accept debit cards, shockingly you can use your EBT cards here at dispenserie ATM's & buy pot with your welfare, messed up & when the GOP locally tried to close that the dems shot it down so that is still active. There have been local banks that opened up just to handle the pot money but I don't know much about that or how it works. As for Mexico, yeah they had all the good stuff, the money & the connections to be first on scene funding the start ups & being a gangsta drug lord in a badge of honor to most Mexicans, look it up, it's rather glorified in their culture.

As for growing, you can grow pot at home, can't be outside but you can have I believe 6 plants legally. But have you tried to grow the good stuff? It's time consuming, have to balance PH levels in water, it's a commitment & I personally would rather invest my time elsewhere. One effect is we have had a lot of shed & house explosions from idiots trying to make extracts & hash. I personally am more worried about the resurgence of heroin, ****s everywhere again & our law agencies seem to be focused on that & taking down the illegal grow operations. My cop buddy told me about a raid on a 100k sq ft illegal grow then they took down the Vietnamese crime family home & they had like 5 million in a closet, tried to shoot it out with the SWAT team so there's still that aspect even though it's legal. More to be made if you're not being taxed & regulated.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2017, 4:58 PM Reply   
Damn, you 2 bring up a lot of great points on both sides of the issue. Props to racer to acknowledge its not a gateway or many other of the common crap arguments.
First, legalization is never going to work perfect, ever. Alcohol has huge issues and legal since 30's. It would be imperative of the feds to take MJ off the schedule 1 list. Thats just criminal to refuse to see actual medical benefits.
The whole pot issue is at times tongue in cheek. The truth is there ARE medical benefits, some amazing. Most of the consumption is just recreational.
The fact that the biz is all cash makes it impossible, what other biz survives this? (Using EBT cards has to be a joke, can you buy a 6-pack with EBT?) More on impossible...Would you open a biz where its illegal to have a bank account? No true legal supply chain? No consistency in product. No tax deductions like a "regular" biz. No SBA loans. Cant transport product. Cant mail product (no amazon). Massive taxes. and on and on and on... Oh, and your store is ripe for the mafia tax too.
If the only benefit is that we stop arresting casual users its a step in the right direction.
6 plants. Do you know how much lbs. you can get from 6 plants? Got to be several pounds. Who smokes that much personal? Many of the rules don't make sense, both sides. The legalizing should be a big boost to the black market.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-07-2017, 6:41 PM Reply   
From my perspective it's a matter of the principles of justice and freedom that we allegedly hold dear. We have a govt that categorizes pot as a class 1 drug more dangerous and addictive than cocaine, which is an obvious deception of the truth. We have a legal system that considers the sometimes deadly and physically addictive alcohol as acceptable but demonizes pot, which is not known to be deadly or physically addictive. Destroying people's lives who get caught with pot while celebrating the consumption of alcohol hardly represents a society that believes in justice and freedom. If the dangers of pot are so great to allow in society, then so are the dangers of alcohol. If people who consume pot should be in jail then so should people who consume alcohol.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-08-2017, 3:35 AM Reply   
The EBT thing is not a joke. It was a huge political issue here for a bit. I believe an average sized pot plant yields approx 3 ounces. There's 16 ounces in a pound. I agree with the dumb pot laws & people that were jailed over them. Without studying the issue though I believe those who are sitting in jail for pot were caught with a lot of it though & usually centered around transporting it / smuggling it. I don't like that my son could get a pound of weed before finding someone to buy him a six pack though. But he doesn't like drinking & isn't surrounded by the drinking crowd so that could be a major factor cause we always got someone to buy us beer.

Last edited by racer808; 12-08-2017 at 3:38 AM.