Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (htmike)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-17-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
Hey guys looking for some input. Looking at either early Supra SA 350 or MB Sports B52 23 or F22 Tomcat.

I personally do not wake board but I have young kids and eventually they will. We most likely will be wake surfing and rec skiing and taking people out for some cruises for the time being. Both of these boats will technically work on my 4500 lb shore station. I have service for both these brands within 2 hrs driving distance.

I like the way the Supra looks best. There are way more MB's for sale. Build quality will probably be similar. Which boat will be the best investment ?
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       02-17-2017, 1:18 PM Reply   
I looked at both when I bought my Supra. The MB is nice boat, the Supra was that much nicer. I think out of the box the MB will surf better, but you can get the SA dialed in as well.
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       02-17-2017, 7:49 PM Reply   
I can't speak for the Supra, but I can tell you that I absolutely love our 2016 MB F22. Ours throws a great wave, rides and handles great, and seems so far to be made exceptionally well. That said, I am always a proponent for going after the one that tugs at you most. Both boats will probalby serve you very well, but if you prefer the looks of the Supra, let that be your decision point.
Old     (DaveC)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-18-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
MB for surfing. Mine is for sale.

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=5026
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-27-2017, 10:18 AM Reply   
We test drove an F22, looked at Axis, and ended up with a used Supra SA 350. We were coming from a Sanger V215. Compared to the MB B52 the MB has more interior space than the Supra, by about 3 people I would guess. I think you cant go wrong with any of these, but I felt for the same price range for a 2 season supra with 120 hours there was alot more the supra had to offer. Wakesurf wise I have had mine full listed ballast, 11 people, and couldn't get the starboard side wave clean in a deep lake.. Port was great. So I bought a Nauticurl and that should solve that issue. $200 instead of buying a year or two newer boat that hasn't depreciated as much was our tactic for the wakesurf wave. Wakeboard wake is pretty massive on the SA, but with no ballast would be fine for kids, its pretty mellow for learning. The supra does get low up front when loaded with ballast and people, they fixed this with the 16 redesign. You won't have that issue with the MB B52. I didn't want a B52 as it's pretty gigantic to store and clean in our storage situation, but if you need more room than 10 people comfortably I'd look elsewhere than the SA. My only complaint with the F22 was it felt like you sit pretty high in it, where the gunnels were more mid back than up around your shoulders. The ballast system on the MB is sweet for sure. Fills fast and the SurfAssist built in is nice once they fixed the way the swim deck covers that. Some older versions the surf plates stuck out past the swim deck which I could see being an issue when you get 6 kids playing on there and they are climbing up from the side, which is our situation with kids and boating right now. I think the MB would surf better from what i've heard and seen as stated above, but the styling of the SA can't be beat IMO. There are some screwy things that took getting used to of course but to have navigation for every body of water in the US on the touchscreen, programmable graphics, 15 rider presets, heated drivers seat, trash can, swivel tower speakers etc etc etc the features of the SA put it in a higher category of boat, and for less than a new MB. Again we found a really quality used Supra in new condition.

They both pull out of the water nicely loaded with ballast, mine has the high altitude prop so it pulls great but top speed cruising at 3900rpm is 30 mph. Both have nice trailers, stereos from the factory etc. It's a great time to get into a few year old boat, they have come a long way! Youhave a great problem, we were there a year ago and are stoked on our upgrade.
Old     (kjswensen)      Join Date: Mar 2015       02-27-2017, 3:39 PM Reply   
I have the 2015 B52 and we have friends with the SA 350. There are a few things they hate about their Supra. First it takes water over the front all the time. Even if they are really careful. Driving through a rough, choppy lake, no comparison. The MB handles the roughest chop without an issue. Their surf wake is super small, even with a ton of ballast. They always want to surf on my MB. Monster surf wake on both sides. Our MB is so much more roomy inside than their Supra. That makes a huge difference when you are loading up with gear, food, and drinks. It just makes being on the water so much more comfortable. We have loved our MB but I understand the want for more nice to have features. Good luck on your search.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-28-2017, 5:18 AM Reply   
One of the biggest pros of my MB is no chance of dunking the nose like I've done with our Malibu. We can also surf in choppy conditions now,