Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zj152)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-15-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
I'm going to down in Palm Springs in a few weeks and wanted to check out the cable park. On the website it appears that the park is closed due to permitting issues with the county/state. Anyone know whats going on or when they plan to be back open?
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Sounds like you are talking about Desert Wake. Their cable was closed last fall because they required some type of "amusement ride permit". They have not given a date when they will resume operation. Check out there Facebook for updates.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?izdv1j
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 8:58 PM Reply   
What's the deal? Is this park done or what? Its mid June and still no updates. Hope they get it together before the summers over.
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-19-2012, 9:34 PM Reply   
Last time I heard they were going to give an update on the progress/timeline of getting reopened in Mid June. So hopefully we'll hear something any day.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-23-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
County is still holding **** up. They'll open as soon as they can but they can only do so much
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-01-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
It's July and I'm pretty sure that place is still closed! Do you think it's closed indefinitely??
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
I'm not going to speak for them, but I would bet they will be back very soon. I give them credit that they have been little talk and mostly show from the beginning. They did not over hype and under deliver like so many others and they appear to continue to be doing that now.

It just shows you what a PIA it is to open a cable in California. Hopefully their struggles are paving the way for more parks and their own full size system.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-01-2012, 6:42 PM Reply   
I'm staring at my new slingshot response tapping my toe and looking at my watch! California hates wakeboarding. First these rowing dorks take marine stadium away 3 days a week fall through spring, now the county shuts down the first real cable we got! Let's face it, the big bear cables are a joke. Without desert wake we have nothing.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-25-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
Anyone have any new info? Haven't heard a peep outta them all summer.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-25-2012, 10:43 PM Reply   
Still seem to be closed but looking good for a full cable 5 hours north
Hopefully that will set a precedent and either Pala or Elsinore will finally happen........
I agree with you though. How can a state that is the epicenter of almost any given "extreme" sport suck so bad for wake.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-26-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
So will the cable park open North of Sac? Wake Island?

California sucks period when it comes to approving new things. No wonder the state is broke. The government is ruining it. The local "Mecca" "county" government should be exonerated from office for stupidity. I guess they dont need any money out there in the middle of nowhere BFE.

If you have private land and want to build a park you cannot open it in California period.

Germany has 70 parks and the size of CA of close to it.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-26-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
Tommy, I went to the Big Bear cable park last weekend and I have to say that it is much better than when it initially opened. They have a small kicker and also a 40 foot box. Best of all, it's only $15 to ride.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
I heard from an unreliable source that System 2.0s and comparable equipment cannot be permitted in CA currently, at all.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-26-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
Last i had heard, (from them) was they were required to carry an amusement park permit. Gotta love liberal cali. Lets stifle as much business as possible folks!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-26-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
I have seen big bear, even with a small kicker and that tiny box its not worth the pain in the butt drive up and down the mountain. I will do it for snowboarding cuz they have an amazing park. Mecca is such an easier drive for me. Its crazy to me that they havent got this straightened out yet.
Old     (wakecompoundelsinore)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-26-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
We are working very hard to get Elsinore open,it has been challenging to say the least. The county has not been easy to work with and is not pro business. We are making progress and hope to have some positive news soon.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-27-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Elsinore would be amazing. Are you planning a full cable there or just 2.0's?
Lets hope the powers at be see the light and realize that any sporting complex is way better than kids getting fat playing video games.......or worse.
Old     (wakecompoundelsinore)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-27-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
Actually we are planning for 2 full size and multiple 2 tower. We had a good meeting with the county today and I believe they are starting to see the light. Go to Wake compound on FB and you can check out our proposed layout.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-27-2012, 10:28 PM Reply   
Sweet! Thanks for the info. That would be ridiculously amazing if it comes though.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-15-2014, 11:42 PM Reply   
This is such bullcrap. The state is bankrupt and they make it almost impossible for someone to start something that many people are willing to pay good money for. The west coast sucks for cable parks. I just moved from AZ where they can't get a cable park off the ground either. In a state where it could be open 365 days a year!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-16-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
Yeah, but we're going to have a SICK bullet train!
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-16-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
Ha!^^