Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-01-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
My work hates Wakeworld, but I don't think that they did it intentionally.

I have been on WW since 2003 at work without a problem. But now I cannot post on any of the forums since about 2 weeks ago.

I can log in, and I can see my personal messages, edit my profile and such, but whenever I am reading a forum and log in, it simply doesn't give me the little 'welcome, Talltigeguy' in the upper right corner. But then if I go to the home page...there it is, and I am actually logged in. I think it is weird. It happens on at least 2 computers at work. I have not tried more.

I work for a medium sized healthcare organization that is always very strict about potential security threats. They also sometimes ban specific sites, but when they do that, I get a big red screen that says so.

I still log in to Tigeowners and TMC owners without problems. I have cleared out my cookies and such to start all over and it doesn't help.

And, of course, I am doing this from home.

Help!!!!! I can read, but just can't post.

Last edited by talltigeguy; 10-01-2010 at 8:35 PM. Reason: ...added other stuff
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-03-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Try going to the front page and clicking on the Logout button to explicitly log out. Then restart your browser and login again. Please let me know if you still have problems after trying this. Also, let me know which browser you're using. Thanks!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-08-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
My work computer was running Internet Explorer 6. Lame. So I upgraded it to IE8 and the problem persists.

I cornered the computer geek who runs all this stuff and he tried to help, but struck out. As you can guess, getting me on WW at work is not exactly the wisest use of company resources. He wondered if WW was trying to download something that the computer was blocking?

Being able to read without posting has been painful.

I tried shutting off the computer, rebooting, logging out, etc, and still have the problem.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-09-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
But did you try what I suggested above??
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-09-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
But did you try what I suggested above??
Yes, I did that. Logged out from the home page. No help.

Could it be that I need to log off at home too? I will try that today and see what happens on Monday.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-11-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
What you do at home will not affect your work computer, but you will have to do it in both places if this is the problem. With your permission, I can have my developer log into your machine and take a look. However, I doubt that your work would allow him to do that.

Did you happen to delete your account at some point or start a new account with the same email address that you were using on an old account?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-13-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
What you do at home will not affect your work computer, but you will have to do it in both places if this is the problem. With your permission, I can have my developer log into your machine and take a look. However, I doubt that your work would allow him to do that.

Did you happen to delete your account at some point or start a new account with the same email address that you were using on an old account?
My work is extemely sensitive about letting anyone have access to our system since it contains confidential health information.

Now that you mention it, I think I might have had some sort of recent glitch. Seems like it told me that I could not log in, then I asked for a password reset. I reset the password that I have used since the beginning.

I will double check at work that I am logged in to the same account that I have at home. I know I am on the right account at home because it still lists my account as beginning in 2003. I will see what the work account says.

Still seems weird that at work I can see my profile, change my profile, respond to private messages, but can't respond on the forums.

Thanks for helping me work through whatever it might be.

Last edited by talltigeguy; 10-13-2010 at 3:51 PM. Reason: poor choice of words
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-18-2010, 7:29 PM Reply   
At work when I log in, it appears to be the same account. Has the same number of posts and the same membership date since September 2003.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-21-2010, 1:22 AM Reply   
I'm at a loss on this one. I just logged in as you with Firefox and had no problems accessing the forums. The only thing I can think of is that your work has banned all vBulletin forums.
Old     (Tallredrider)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-07-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
I even created another login and my work computer does the same thing. I need to learn to lurk during the day and post at night. Haha.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-07-2011, 10:36 AM Reply   
Ask your IT guy if they allow vBulletin discussion boards. I'm betting that's the problem. That's just a piece of our community, so I can see you getting the issues you're getting if it doesn't allow just that piece.