Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (freshturk)      Join Date: Feb 2014       01-20-2019, 7:43 AM Reply   
Mods feel free to move this if not in the right sub forum.

Finally getting on the lake on a home with a pretty decent existing dock that we’ll be adding a lift to as well as various other upgrades. However I’m posting to see if there were certain features that people LOVE that they added, HATE, that they added, or WISH they added.

We have a fairly long pier into drought resistant deep water, with a large U shaped floating dock with 12x28 slip with another floating 20x20 swim pad attached. Currently the dock only has power ran to the pier and no lift in place. Dock guy is coming Monday for an overall health inspection and to quote a host of ideas and upgrades. The floating slip is less than 2years old and in great shape. The pier has all new pylons yet the decking surface could use some work. Currently only has power to the end of the pier.

Our basic plan is to put a front mount float air 7k lift in, run power for the lift with an additional 2 outlets at the slip. Possibly redo pier decking depending on cost. In my experience with slips ive liked the round tire style guide bumpers on the corners but figured y’all may have better options. May increase the lift capacity to future proof the dock depending on cost.

Let’s hear the ideas
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-22-2019, 10:50 AM Reply   
not sure of your location but I just went through the dock upgrading process. ( the oversized angled stair ladder is a great addition especially if you have animals or elderly ) and depending on where you are at I would opt for a covered section to sit to stay out of the sun. I am most excited to install a ceiling fan in the shade on our dock as it gets hot in july and august.
Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-22-2019, 12:39 PM Reply   
Get the biggest boat tent you can get and have some side skirts made if not available.