Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-01-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
Did anyone else watch that insane game last night??
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-01-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
I'm not a baseball fan, but wow that was as entertaining as baseball gets. Great game.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-01-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
the first time all year Im regretting cancelling cable! couldnt stream it through the TBS app either! following games like that on gamecast sucks!
I feel bad for the A's somewhat. they went all in when they traded Cespedes for Lester, knowing full well Lester was not staying beyond this season. it all fell apart after that. A's still will have probably a top 3 rotation going in to next season.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-01-2014, 9:19 PM Reply   
As a Royals fan it was even more unbelievable!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
I don't have super high hopes of us taking down the Angels but it's been a great ride for Royals fans this year no matter what happens. That Wild Card game was just insanely fun. I'm sure Ned will manage to f**k it up over the next 4 games #yosted
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hopefully they ride that high right through the Angels. I'd love nothing more than for them to knock off both our top AL West rivals.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-02-2014, 11:52 AM Reply   
That was a crazy game! I love the small market teams so I will be pulling for KC. It would have been nice to see the Pirates advance as well.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2014, 4:58 AM Reply   
I believe!!!!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-03-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
I can't take all these extra inning games. How is a guy supposed to get any sleep?
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-03-2014, 9:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
the first time all year Im regretting cancelling cable! couldnt stream it through the TBS app either! following games like that on gamecast sucks!

I feel bad for the A's somewhat. they went all in when they traded Cespedes for Lester, knowing full well Lester was not staying beyond this season. it all fell apart after that. A's still will have probably a top 3 rotation going in to next season.

The tbs app sucks, stream it through the website.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-03-2014, 9:52 PM Reply   
I was at that game for the WC. It was the best game I may ever attend. So many highs and lows. Just fantastic. But these extra inning games. Man win in 9 every now and then.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-04-2014, 10:55 PM Reply   
Wow. Giants taking 18 innings, and topping the WS favorite. Throwing baumgarner in a game 3 clincher is prob gonna finish them. Angels getting shocked!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
Royals are gonna take it all
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-08-2014, 12:44 PM Reply   
I will be pulling for the AL regardless of who advances. I am tired of SF and the Cardinals.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
Just bought a single ticket to Game 4 in KC. 6 hour drive but it's gonna be worth it to see the Royals in the playoffs at the K.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-09-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
Royals v. Giants would be classic. Nightmare for the networks. actually, the networks are hating everything about who is left.
Everyone talked about freeway series in so cal, or a beltway series in DC, but no one discussed a KC v. Cards series? Royals seem to be a team of destiny. but perhaps, this is finally the year that Showalter brings his team to the title, instead of his teams winning it all after he leaves.
I know everyone is sick of seeing giants and cards in it, much like everyone tired of the yankees run. however, when your teams are put together the way these teams are, consistently being in the hunt is what happens. its great management from your executive team, scouting dept, etc.
KC has been slowly building like this for about 5 years now. they should be in the playoffs for the next several years, as long as Yost doesnt screw em up during the games too bad.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2014, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
they should be in the playoffs for the next several years, as long as Yost doesnt screw em up during the games too bad.
#yosted He is mind boggling.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-13-2014, 4:55 AM Reply   
I never watch baseball but these royals are exciting. I jumped on the bandwagon when they got in the hunt for the playoffs and am riding this out until they suck again or I get bored with them.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-13-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
I don't think this team is gonna suck for at least a decade. Lots of young talent on the team, and still got some young prospects down on the farm. Good for KC. Such a great baseball region, it's a shame they've been garbage since Brett retired.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-14-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
I'm in KC for game 3 and 4. Hopefully we close this thing out
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-15-2014, 4:08 PM Reply   
good for the Royals! lifelong Yankee fan here, but I am really happy for this KC team. I hope they beat whichever NL team they face. I hope they dont let up, and forget they have one more series left. I know Colorado did that in 2007 against the red sox.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-15-2014, 5:52 PM Reply   
Ian, I bet you had a blast!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2014, 5:21 PM Reply   
Holy cow that was amazing!!!!! I am still recovering
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-16-2014, 8:05 PM Reply   
did you make it to Paul Rudd's moms house? haha.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-18-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
the networks are making a killing off the Royals they are the most watched playoff team of recent history. Sorry you just think the small market overshadows ... but the numbers dont lie. STL and LA have 70% more market share than Os and Roys. Guess what the NLCS was last year 9% lower viewing.

The royals have captured AMERICA. Like it or not large market teams are boring to watch in the post season. Everyone is tired of it. Parity is what baseball needs and it is slowly getting there b/c these huge contracts to OLD guys who are rolling down hill fast are starting to break large market teams.

The royals may have the BEST defensive outfield trio of all time and the best 1.2.3 in the back of the bullpen EVER. and its fun to watch
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-18-2014, 12:21 PM Reply   
First 2 games of the ALCS were down 18% in viewership from the first 2 games of yankees vs tigers from 2012. Let's not get crazy about America loving the royals just yet. Large market teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Dodgers, all have higher postseason viewership than the small market teams. And these large market teams have lower viewership in postseason games, than most NFL teams have on any given Sunday.
Best back 3 bullpen of all time? Wow. Best defensive OF trio of all time? Another wow. I'm sure you're overjoyed about these guys, but take a breath please.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-18-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
yankees tigers were on FOX last year youre not comparing apples to apples

look up the stats the numbers dont lie... the royals cant even emmulate themselves next year. those are the 2 reasons they are winning... and to expect 3 bullpen arms to repeat is insane (tho one will be traded)

if you can find a back 3 that were 65-4 with a lead after the 6th i'd like to see it

if you can find a defense who has put up the defensive runs saved extrapolated over 162 games thats the same as gordon dyson cain go ahead and post it

but no one else has done that. *maybe in the deadball era but i exclude that

And youre just gonna go ahead and ignore the Stat i posted above about the FACT that the dodgers had a lower viewership when comparing TBS to TBS.

i can see numbers arent your thing.. probably should stay away from posting about them
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-18-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
and i see you cherry picked the first 2 games not the entire series ... so there is that too. the entire series must have been much closer to a channel everyone gets or surpassed it.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-18-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
Also there was talk of ALL the series including the I70 series you are choosing to exclude. but guess which one was left after the LDS Just the one in the heart of the country ... so continue to cheer for your over paid dodgers who the cardinals destroyed the best pitcher in baseball(apparently the post season isnt for him) or the angels with pujols who is probably 45 already but i'm sure he'll still be good at 50 when his contract runs out. or maybe you're an oakland fan and man they just dont know how to win in the post season. but the royals did this with the lowest market share in baseball and a payroll in the bottom half and EVERYONE is watching ... or maybe you're a yankee fan and a fan of the most overrated shortstop of all time (who also cost your team a playoff berth to tote his own ego around the league when you had better options on the bench than starting that ancient human being everyday)

Last edited by jhartt3; 10-18-2014 at 2:38 PM.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-18-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
First off, read all my posts on this topic, before you spout off your nonsense. Secondly, I posted the first 2 games comparison to the 2012 tigers v. Yankees series (not last years), which were tbs comparisons.
Enjoy your ride. I know as a yankee fan I have enjoyed every season, regardless of how they play. Jeter didn't cost the Yankees a playoff spot. A team that hit under .250 and a pitching staff that lost 4/5ths of their rotation mighta had something to do with that.
And like I've said before, I hope the royals win it all this year. Settle down, and enjoy it while it lasts. It doesn't last forever.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-21-2014, 10:10 AM Reply   
I really hope KC can keep the mojo going. I've been on the bandwagon since my M's missed the playoffs by one game and its been a damn fun ride. GO KC!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-21-2014, 10:32 AM Reply   
Got my Royals gear on and am ready for the game.... let's go Royals!!!
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-21-2014, 1:45 PM Reply   
Sea of blue everywhere in kc today!! It sure has been a fun ride hopefully they can finish it out!
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-21-2014, 7:49 PM Reply   
the Royals have the law firm of Herrera, Davis, & Holland, the first trio of relievers in major league history with 50-plus appearances and ERAs under 1.50 apiece. During the season, they combined for a 1.28 ERA in 204.1 innings, an average of 1.26 innings per game.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-21-2014, 8:05 PM Reply   
They won't be making an appearance tonight
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-21-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Hope you guys in KC enjoy the ride, however long it may be. World Series is an absolute blast.

But...let's leave the regular season stats in the regular season. None of that stuff matters anymore.

1-0
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-23-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
1-1
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-23-2014, 4:13 PM Reply   
I was there with my dad last nigh . It was awesome
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-23-2014, 4:35 PM Reply   
considering going back down for 6/7 but damn those prices are insane!
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-26-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
I got lucky and got the chance to buy world series ticket . I can't afford not to sell them at these prices.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-26-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
Youll regret selling them. attending a WS game of your team is worth more than a couple grand in the big scheme of things. telling your grandkids about attending a WS game has to be a highlight for anyone.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-27-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
+1 I got to see the Yankees in the world series in '03 - they lost the game I went to and the series to the Marlins but going to the world series especiallly when it is your team is just awesome. Every pitch is so intense.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       10-27-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
No real question who I'm rooting for. I'm not saying I got my new board the same color scheme of them on purpose, but I'm not saying it was a complete accident either...
http://instagram.com/p/ueFBs3Srq0
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-28-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
as stated above i've been to a world series game this year and the wild card game. i have sold off other tickets ... every game is unique and fun but the atmosphere is quite the same ... and no game can top that WC game from this year.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-28-2014, 9:57 PM Reply   
Ok then.

Kind of bummed that we've really only had one pitcher's duel so far, but such is life I suppose.

Onward to game 7!
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-29-2014, 5:22 AM Reply   
Wooooooooooooooooooooooo

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-29-2014, 6:30 AM Reply   
Was totally planning on driving down today to KC for Game 7. A kid with strep and the flu for myself put the damper on those plans. Let's go Royals!!! Hopefully there is some juice left in those bats after last night.