Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2013, 12:14 AM Reply   
Saw this vid online thought that id share. These look pretty sick and if they have a good price point I am sure that theyd sell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ued-lMSNkow
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-26-2013, 1:20 AM Reply   
looks like this tech has come a long way since the power-ski back in the early 2000's... eeek, the way i just said "back in the early 2000's makes it sound so long ago.

anyway, looks much better than the powerski and all previous atempts as in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEo3VP5wDT0
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-26-2013, 5:06 AM Reply   
Now that's my kind of stand up paddleboard!

Looks fast enough that it could really catch on.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-26-2013, 3:23 PM Reply   
Definitely a lot sportier than the "Surf Jet" we used to have when I was little. Similar concept, but the technology has come a long way.
The surf jet I remember from the late 80s and early 90s in my childhood my parents had was basically a 3-4" thick surfboard that was made like a jet ski haul. It was about 8 feet long and had a pull start jet drive motor on the back of it. You had a safety lanyard around your leg and it had a remote throttle switch you held while you were on it so you could stand up on it and control your speed. Steering was just like you'd expect.
Basically it was a hybrid between a stand up paddleboard and a jet ski. That thing could haul faster than your own good. I remember going on it before with my dad, good times. Cool to see they are making a newer, more fun version, probably more safe too.

BTW: I think he sold it because if you got too close to the back you would burn yourself on the motor.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-29-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
pretty sure these guys will get stabbed if they keep stealing waves from real surfers. Taking this up a river would be sweet though.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-31-2013, 6:33 PM Reply   
Yeah they had something like this in the 90's and they never caught on. I remember them being really expensive for what they were. Wonder as to cost? Surprised that little motor can push them so fast.