Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-05-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Do any of you guys know any good gel coat repair places around the bay area?

I got an estimate from Classic Craft and I feel it was a little steep.

Thanks

Broc
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-05-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Here is what I am trying to get fixed
Attached Images

Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       11-05-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
Was that Classic Craft in Sacramento? I don't know how steep it actually was, but I would probably pay a little more than the next shop just to have Gary do the work. I have been to him several times and his shop did an awesome job.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
I would say because of the location, I would try and fix this yourself. If you think the repair price was steep doing it your self will be the least expencieve. The pin stripe job is easy, check the DIY section for some Gel repair tip's
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-05-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
My pops is usually a do it yourself type of person but he has gotten recommendations to go to Gary. I think that is what were going to do. Thanks Grant.
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-05-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
So it's outta the water already? Booooooooo
Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-08-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
Jeff glo at smooth as glass in Modesto.the absolute best. You won't be disappointed.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-09-2012, 9:37 PM Reply   
Pro Fiberglass out of Livermore CA, they do a great job and are priced well, have had quite a few issues fixxed there, I also was able to learn a few skills of the trade under Reza the owner before joining the navy, also if your into bikes you could chop it up for hours with Rez he build custom triump classic motorcycles and has had quite a few full magazine spreads for them. Ill attach a picture of one of the boats they are working on, scary hole in it
Attached Images

Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-09-2012, 9:40 PM Reply   
forgot to attach the website, has tons of his work on here as well http://www.profiberglass.com/
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-10-2012, 12:52 AM Reply   
thatd be quite a patch job