Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
ok so i just started wakesurfing today and its awesome! but how do u stay in "the sweet spot" cause every time i get there i loose it.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Practice. And more practice. A good starting point, I feel, is trying to keep the nose of your board within 1-2.5 feet of the swim step--the corner of the swim step. Keep your eyes there too. Most people end up surfing where they are looking.

Make sure you are in an athletic position and rocking or pumping lightly on your board. If you start to pull away from the boat, lean forward a bit. Getting to close to boat, rock back a little bit.

Hope that helps.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-02-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Keep your weight on your front foot and toes. It took me a long time to learn to stay in the sweet spot. Now if I just stand there I could ride all day. You have to feel it the second you are loosing the sweet spot and push on the front foot hard too get back in.
If you think you are moving toward the boat too fast
push on the back foot a little. You will learn to stay in there before you know it.
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
thanx guys!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-03-2007, 5:55 AM Reply   
If you're learning don't get in a hurry to drop the rope. Learn how shifting weight forward speeds you up, learn how shifting weight back slows you down, and then learn how to pump. Simply bouncing up and down on the board will accelerate you forward. a more coordinated pump working the board up and down the wake is more effective.

Some times when I fall back on the wake I walk o or shuffle forward a foot or so helping me extend the length of the pocket.