Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-26-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
I had started this thread in the 'Girls That Ride' board, but got little response...so. Is there ANYONE out there who wakeboards on Claytor Lake????
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-27-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hey Emily. I come down to Claytor Lake every weekend during the summer. I'm Jim and Sharon's neighbor, the one from Mannasass. I usually ride with Lance and some of the locals. We have the yellow X2. Do you live on the lake all year round? Are there many riders or wakeboats near your end of the lake?
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-27-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Hey! Me and my family live on the other end of the lake all year round. There are about 6 wakeboard boats counting us on/around Dublin Hollow (where I live). And about 3-4 wakeboarders who don't own wakeboard boats. 3/6 of the boat owners are from WVA and only come down in the summer though. They all seem really nice, but I've only meet a few: The Cox's (own the purple Malibu wakesetter) and the Halls (own the black and teal Air Nautique). As you can see by my calculations, I have WAY too much time on my hands in the off-season! What about on your end of the lake? I've seen your boat out...I think. We're the people w/ the black and red Mobius LSV. Do you know who owns the blue Moomba?
Old    slash            10-27-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
The VT wakeboard/waterski club (yellow malibu sportster) rides on CLaytor.We are usually out there almost everyday until late October to early November.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-28-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
Go Tech!!!
Hoki, Hoki, Hoki, Hy!!!!!!
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-28-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
Tech has a wakeboard team??? Since when?
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-29-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
At our end there's a Centurion, a Supra, an Air Nautique, and two Malibu's. I don't know who has the Moomba.
Old    indo            10-29-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
i posted on the other topic too but my parents live in dublin cove. my dad has a nautique excel. My wife and i ride at smith mountian but usually make a few trips a year to claytor. we have a biege and red super air. flag us down and say whats up if u see us out
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-29-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
Same here indo. I think the blue Moomba'a a big mystery to us all on Claytor Lake. *sigh*
Old    slash            10-29-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
It's not a team, just a club. I dont know how long its been around.
Old    indo            10-30-2005, 5:25 AM Reply   
i remeber back in the day the tech club had a mastercraft and u could usually spot them because it had a keg in the back lol!! thats when there used to be a salom course at the end of dublin cove along long time ago! god im getting old
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-30-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Wow! Claytor Lake used to be cool, what happened? Hey Alex, maybe you guys can convince the game warden to let the club build some sliders on the lake!
Old    slash            10-30-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Indo, that would be a nice way to add some ballast but I'm not sure how that would affect my riding ability. Yea, it would def be nice to have a cpl of sliders set up somewhere, I just dont know where without them getting torn down.
Old     (swampboy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-31-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
'Sup Virginians

My wife and I have a boat and ride regularly at SML. We are always looking for a 3rd. Next Summer I will be looking for a 2nd and a 3rd since we are expecting a Grom. Please feel free to drop me an e-mail to hook up for a pull. We will be out for one last pull Sunday, 11-6. If you are intersted drop us a line and bring your wetsuits....Brrrrrr.
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
What's up Chris? Yesterday was the nicest I've seen the lake in months, a sheet of glass. Too bad everyone winterized their boats. Hi to your Mom, Dad and Ashley. How's Lance's new house coming? Did you ever land your shuvit's? I took the bindings off of an old trick ski and rode it like a wakeskate with my brother.
See you next season, Sharon
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-31-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
Hey Sharon. Everything's pretty good here, except for the cold weather. Lance's house is awesome! I finally landed a shuvit. Lance and I took out our paddle boat and flipped it upside down and used it as a rail for the wakeskate. Yesterday Lance, Heather, and I went wakeskating behind a pontoon boat on Lake Jackson. The water was soooo cold. How was riding the trick ski/wakeskate? How much have they drained the lake? Say hi to Jim. Hope you have a good winter.
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2005, 7:03 AM Reply   
Hey Chris,
You have really progressed this year. That blind 3 was insane. The trick ski rode like a wakeskate except for the ollies, quite a bit smaller tho. I used to try backrolls on a trick ski before wakeboarding came out. They are just starting to lower the lake today. I will send pics later. bye
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-01-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
Winter really sinks in when they let the lake down. I hate it.
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Emily,
Not to mention it smells like fish poo. We will have to ride some next season, I've been emailing your Mom, she sounds pretty cool.
She sent a pic of your lab. I have a new black lab pup that I found at the Outback in High Point.
He was dodging cars in the parking lot. What a sweet pup!
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
The fish smell can really get to ya. My mom's pretty cool. Yall's puppy is so cute!
Old    indo            11-02-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
glen
we will be out in gills creek (sml) fri sat and sun. i dont know where u guys ride but u will find us up around g 10 its off of the black water. we should be in my boat. its a biege super air with a red/maroon stripe. come by if u want. just flag us down.
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-17-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Does anyone wakeskate?
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-18-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
No. But I want to learn how to this summer.
Old     (austin79)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-18-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
Hi dockstartpro
Do you have any backup for your name?
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-21-2005, 5:01 PM Reply   
Not too much.....but I will be the first person to dock start on Lake Jackson.
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-21-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
Emily
You'll definitely have to give it a try this summer. It's so fun. I started last summer and I love it.
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-22-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Is it hard?
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-22-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
It's almost like getting up on a wakeboard. The only hard thing is keeping the wakeskate under your feet while you sit in the water. After a few times you get the hang of it.