Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-20-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
FOR SALE!!!!!! Over $30,000 invested in it. time to start a new project...

1977 Jeep CJ-5 (Renagade)

-5.0L Chrysler 304 engine (custom built) LESS THAN 500 MILES ON ENGINE AFTER REBUILT!, bored over, Holly 4 barrel carb, true dual exhaust with flowmasters with 45 degree 3" tips,

-Full fiberglass body dolphinized (basically a thin coat of Bondo was applied throughout the body in order to strengthen the fiberglass so it wouldn't have that slight bend that fiberglass is known to do, and it allows for a good surface to paint which allowed us to give it the paint job we did)

- CUSTOM PAINT JOB viper red with a little candy (show quality paint job!)

-all chrome accents and trim, Brushed aluminum dash with all new gauges, Line X entire interior with 3 drain holes (one under each floormat and one in the back), Xtreme Catch All Floor Mats and rear cargo mat,

-Alpine deck with ipod cable, two 6x9's and two tweeters, bazooka tube with bass control knob

- seat covers, bimini top (black), full cover (tan), Full Doors that zip off into 1/2 doors

- Rough Country Suspension Lift, 33" BFG A/T's, Mickey Thompson wheels (LESS THAN 200 MILES ON TIRES!), Reverse Shackle kit which makes it really nice to drive. Most Jeeps of this model that are lifted at all, are almost impossible to keep on the road because it sways really bad...but we fixed that problem with this kit, now it runs just as good and as easy to drive as a brand new one (except your brand new one won't beat a 5.0 mustang in an 1/8 mile!)

AND A WHOLE LOT MORE! Litterally I have a file of all the things done to this jeep and its about 9 inches thick! When we got it it was a POS! You could see the ground through the floor, rust everywhere, just a piece of crap honestly. Everything was redone on it, and i mean EVERYTHING. Basically the only "original" parts are the hood, headers, and frame. Like I said I have over $30,000 invested into this jeep in parts and work done to it. My brother, father, and I did the majority of the work ourselves and we are not newbies at this. The buyer will also get the file with ALL of the receipts for EVERY part purchased and work done, such as engine rebuild and boring.

PRICED TO SELL!!!! I'm trying to start a new project (old shelby cobra), so i need to move this one ASAP! Located in Jackson, MS. THIS IS BASICALLY AN EFFING GIFT TO WHOEVER BUYS IT AT THIS PRICE! considering you can turn it around and sell it for 15 or more if you wanted and had the time. i just need to sell it to get the parts to start the new project.

$9,950.00
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-20-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Thats a smokin deal on that Jeep, I would buy it if I dident already have a 77 cj7.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-20-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Cool Jeep, wrong forum.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-20-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for the first comment! it really is a great deal and I hate to sell it after all the work I've done to it. but I really want to start this new project.

Trace...Thanks for bein a di(k if I would have known it was "illegal" to put it up on a non-jeep forum then I wouldn't have. funny how I've seen guys selling other vehicles on here though. did you put your 2 cents in on their posts? or am I just the lucky one?
Old    wakeridinrob            05-20-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Sippi.. people post their TOW RIGS! for boats...Put that jeep over in NON WAKEBOARDING DISCUSSIONS. Not In Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles. Now whos the "di(k" in this post.. Use common sense dude
Now who want to say im a bad person?
Old    mendo247            05-20-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
Isnt that a hitch sticking out the back? I know three people who tow their boats around town with jeeps.

Nice rig man, someone will get a good deal.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-20-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
Thats a nice CJ5, never did a 5 but have re-done 3 7's with my dad. Gotta love a Jeep project! We used to leave one of ours out at the lake house and tow our Mastercraft around with it, and we only had the Jeep Straight 6, not the mackin engine you got running.

Lay off folks, this guy is trying to practically give away a dope ride to a WW member!!
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-20-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
With that kind of attitude I'm on my way with my checkbook to pick this badboy up.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-20-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Post it on Pirate 4x4. Just make sure you have thick skin
Old    wakeridinrob            05-20-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
Pirate4x4.com... yes that would work. VERY THICK SKIN.

A boat weighs as much or even more then the jeep.
Most people tow with THE CHEROKEE not a cj or wrangler. The wheel base is small causing the trailer to HOP on the freeway or even jack knife. Ya its got a hitch... Doesnt mean it can tow a heavy load on the freeway.
how many leafs are in the pack???? that would solve the towing issue
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Who said he had to tow on the freeway? maybe its just down the road to the launch? ever thought of that? relax and give him a break.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2008, 1:38 AM Reply   
wow...that's pretty much all I have to say. I know its not what most people would tow a boat with esp on the freeway. but it does have a helluva engine in it and will definitely tow a boat. but that's not why I posted it up. most of us on here share common intrests other than wakeboarding, figured this might be one of them. I put it here because not everyonelooks at the non wakeboarding threads on here. by the way...what about the dude that was trying to sell a motorcycle on here a while back? lighten up guys. I mean honestly if your gonna be a di(k about it...why even bother posting ...why not just keep it to yourself? I also have a 69 camaro ss that was completely rebuilt from bumper to bumper that I'm thinkin about selling...I know people on here would be intrested in it but don't worry..its not a "tow vehicle" so I won't put it up here.

stephen...thanks for the comments..that's exactly why I put it on here actually.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-21-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Cross posting is selfish. If everyone did it, what would be the point of having separate topics?
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
I towed my Sea Ray 20' I/O for many years down the freeway with a 77 Jeep CJ7. It did great. It also had a 305 V8 in it and never once had a problem towing except I got pulled over once for not having wide enough door mirrors to see around the boat. I guess the cop had been following me for some time before I saw him. The trailer did not have brakes either.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-21-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
I own an '01 TJ, and NWIH would I tow more than 30 mph with it. In my driving career, I've seen two SWB Jeeps that were towing light loads (one was pulling an ~18' I/O, and the other a small enclosed trailer) flipped on the freeway median with body bags around them.
Old     (tigerules)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2008, 7:01 AM Reply   

quote:

5.0L Chrysler 304 engine

Chrysler engine? That's an American Motors Company engine, not a Chrysler engine.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
its the 5.0L 304 (the one that CHRYSLER puts in this model jeep we just overhauled the hell out of it). But yes its technically an AMC engine. but its what chrysler uses for this size engine.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-21-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
"Sippi.. people post their TOW RIGS! for boats...Put that jeep over in NON WAKEBOARDING DISCUSSIONS. Not In Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles. Now whos the "di(k" in this post.. Use common sense dude"

Good god. got your panties in a bunch?
Cherokee?? thats hilarious. this a man's Jeep, not some milk-runner Cherokee!

Sippi, Sweet rig. Looks like a helluva deal. Would be great for short tows and moving the boat around the house.
Q: differential locker?
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
I used to tow one of my little V-drive flatties with my old CJ-5 and it worked great and allowed me to launch at places other could not. Pirate4x4 is the place for this but if people don't want to see the ad complaining about it is the same as a bump.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-21-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
That CJ-5 looks sharp. The ones I see for sale around here are rust buckets that I don't have the time to deal with.

nacho, I've seen some built Cherokees tackle things a stock CJ never could. Then again, you might be talking about that namby pamby Grand Cherokee since everyone seems to think it's ok to use the names interchangeably now. The AMC-designed Cherokee is a proven 2-axle off-road vehicle that can still tow a decent amount and pack away everything a family needs for tent camping. It's just as much a man's Jeep as its peer, the YJ Wrangler.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-21-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
I tow with my cj7 all the time, ya not on the freeway, but some of us live on or a mile or so from the lake and the Jeeps are perfect for that.
I would rather tow a quick trip to the lake with my cj7 then with my Jeep Commander, its just more fun and easy to launch with, I have the 304 as well.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-21-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Sippi, I forwarded this to some of my Jeep buddies back home (Forest, MS). Sweet ride man, my jeep and old buddies are the only things I miss about MS.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
jojo...I appreciate it man! Yea I understand about not missing anything else...especially if your from forest. did you get to jackson much? muuuch better! I live on the reservoir (well actually on the river, the rez sucks for riding anyway but the river is always butter). do you ever get back to MS? if you do and yall wanna make a trip to jackson let me know! ill take yall out for some ridin and ill even bring along some ole miss buns
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-21-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
When we went out at night, we would always go to Jackson. Thanks for the offer for the ride, my wife would probably frown on the Ole Miss buns especially since I went to MSU.
I grew up riding up river and hanging out at Flag Island. Got any pics of Flag Island? It probably hasnt changed much.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-21-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Dante, I know what you mean. (the Grand Chee is what I meant, sorry for the confusion.) One of my friends built up a cherokee while his brother built a CJ. he's used to getting laughed at, until he makes climbs the other guys can't (nothing special, lockers, frame and a lift.)

Sick jeep man!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Man thats a purty som bitch.

I have done about 4 CJ7's and 1 CJ5. Thats def a 10 out a 10. Nice job.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
JoJo...Yall are still welcome even though your a bulldog! jk..I didn't go to ole miss or anywhere near there. I actually went to James Madison in VA to play soccer. But I have friends that go to ole miss and msu. offer is still on the table...with or without the bun. I know I have a pic of flag somewhere, ill find it...I steer clear of flag mainly for safety reasons (with a ton of hammered rednecks its not the safest area by anymeans) and because there isn't room to ride with the river being so narrow up there. they've also put like 6 new "no wake zones" on the way to it so your constantly going for 200 yds then stoppin and again and again...its nice up there durin a weekday when theres nobody up that way though. But yea ill post a pic up if I can find it.

BY THE WAY...ILL LET THIS JEEP GO FOR $8,500. that is crazy for this thing and yes it hurts to do it...but I need it gone to start the next project. Ill post somemore pics of it shortly...
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
If you were in CA I'd buy it for sure. That's a gorgeous Jeep. Guys quit hating on him. He is offering fellow WW's a SMOKING deal. Good luck. Try AutoTrader.com
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-30-2008, 2:30 AM Reply   
SOLD OVER THE WEEKEND. Thanks for the comments though guys.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-30-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
Hey ridinnsippi, is there a jeep site like this site? I have a 4x4 liberty i eventually want to lift but have a lot questions. thanks
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-30-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
Kevin, go to www.jeepsunlimited.com They can help answer your questions. There is a forum specifically for your Liberty.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-31-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
very cool, thanks