Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-12-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
I've recently got new amps for my system as follows:

PPI P600.2 for Kicker KM6500.2 Six pack towers

PPI P900.4 for six Polk DB651 (4 cabin on rear channels, 2 bow on front channels)

PPI P1000.1 for a pair of Infinity Reference 10" subs (2 ohm load to amp)

I'll start with the P900.4 Can someone walk me though if these settings sound right?
1) RCA's from WS420SQ are connected to FRONT
2) Front (bow) level is set to about the 3 o'clock position (the system got louder as I turned this CCW, so I put it at about 3/4 of max)
3) HPF dial is set to about the 9-thirty position
4) x10 HPF button not depressed
5) LPF dial is set to around the 8 oclock position
6) LPF x10 is not depressed
7) Switch is set to HPF
8) switch is set to ST to combine the inputs
11 through 16 are set the same as above

For the P1000.1 I have it set as follows:
1) Remote Level Control not plugged in
2) LPF dial set at about the 9:30 position
3) Subsonic dial set at the 12 o'clock position
6) Level dial set to the 3 oclock position (the system got louder as I turned this CCW, so I put it at about 3/4 of max)
7) RCA Input from WS420SQ
9) Bass boost set to 6db

For the P600.2 on the towers, I have it set as follows:
2) RCA inputs from WS420SQ
3) Level set to the 3 o'clock position (the system got louder as I turned this CCW, so I put it at about 3/4 of max)
6) HPF dial set to about the 9:30 position
7) Freq x10 not depressed
8) LPF dial set at about the 9:30 position
9) LPF x10 not depressed
10) switch set to HPF

Please let me know if you'd suggest changing any of these settings, what you'd suggest putting them at, and why/what it'd accomplish.
Old     (Smith1234)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-12-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
For most speakers, Run everything on high pass with the Cross over set at about 80hz. When you have the amp set to high pass, the LPF knob does nothing.
For most subs, run them on low pass and the crossover set to about 40hz. Same with this one, when the amp is set to low pass the HPF knob does nothing
This will let your system play from 40hz low, to outside of what the human ear can hear high.
Level aka gain setting is dependent on your speaker power handling and where your amp clips. No one will be able to tell up you where to set the level, even if someone had the identical setup as you do because all Amps are a little different. You can get it pretty close if you know what clipping sounds like. Otherwise you can use a multimeter and/or an oscilloscope.

Hope I've helped.
Old     (Smith1234)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-12-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Oh, and if you have a wet sounds Eq. There are also gain settings under the cover. When I got mine the knobes were all the way down and it took me a while to figure out why my amp wouldn't make clean, un clipped power....
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-12-2015, 1:11 PM Reply   
What about the subsonic filter? It has a range of 20hz to 38hz...
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-12-2015, 4:14 PM Reply   
They ran David analog off about 3 months ago. Smh. I'm a troll and I wouldn't even run that guy off. He is awesome.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       06-12-2015, 4:57 PM Reply   
Not at all. I'm always here to help.