Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-17-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
i have been looking at various photos and was wondering how you perform a powerslide?..does the boat have to slow down, if not how are you getting that much slack in rope to perform one. what line lengths?..looks pretty sweet in photos and videos..thanks
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-17-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
The boat doesn't have to slow down at all. You want more speed. Depending on where outside the wake you do it will depend if there is slack in the line or not. I will powerslide just outside the wake with the rope tight and the boat pulling me. It's in essence a reverse butterslide. If you are regular and you are outside the left wake just turn your shoulders to the right away from the boat and face backwards a bit. Then turn your hips and kick your back foot forward so it's in the same plane as your front foot. Bend your knees slightly and lean forward, which is backwards due to being turned backwards somewhat. You definitely still want to look forward.

Now if you do a powerslide after carving hard to the outside left flats then that's when you create slack in the line. By carving hard you gain more speed than the boat and have to wait for the boat to catch up. This is a free floating powerslide. The line goes slack the same way as if you were carving outside to the right flats setting up for a jump. Again, given you are regular footed. You perform this powerslide the same way. It does call for more balance unlike the other powerslide where you are leaning away from the boat while it pulls you. Personally, the free floating powerslide is the easier one. Once you do it you won't get enough of it. The feeling is awesome and you will find yourself doing it at least once during every set.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-17-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
Then just reach around with your back hand, grab the handle and you have a powerslide to blind.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-17-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
her is an example:Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-17-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Cool trick to do on the glass waters...

you want to make sure to press your toes!! do not want to catch that back edge!! (that will hurt!)
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-17-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
I got a pic of one:
Upload
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-18-2007, 3:14 AM Reply   
Upload not the clearest. but all the same
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-18-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
wow how old is that kid?...pjdave thats a pretty sick lookin pic, something i will try hard to learn this summer, love the spray!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       02-18-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
I've got a few for you

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-18-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Heres one
Upload
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-18-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
WOW, who don't like the feeling of a good power slide. I have quite a few of the rope with some slack and tight. I have seen some of the best power slide while the boat is well into a turn. Talk about speed and one hell of an edge catch . Mine here is not much a power slide more sliding half cab to hit a FS 180 off the wake. Your spray will be huge going for a power slide. Good Luck and Good Times learning!

Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-18-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
here's a page with a whole bunch, just scroll thru and enjoy!
http://wakeboardnj.com/pictures/July%204%202006wm/

KG
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-18-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
thanks guys--
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-18-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Upload one of my fav shots of me!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-19-2007, 3:36 AM Reply   
I hope someone posted a picture of a darin shapiro powerslide somewhere...:-)