Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-14-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
good/bad?

Tell me what you think.

I am thinking alot about getting these bindings so any help would be appreciated.

cheers
toby
Old     (jimmy_lariche)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-14-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
the best!
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-14-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
comfy and stiff.
Old    xtremebordgurl            01-14-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
I LOVE my 3DS boots! Wouldn't trade them for anything (except maybe the new Ronix girls boot that you cook to form to your foot, but thats a maybe). I love the fit, I feel like I have s much more control with the closed toe. Not to mention they keep my feet warm. Stiff and responsive. Highly recomend!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-14-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
I'm the only one that didn't like them. (Compared to my Zeus)
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-15-2007, 5:18 AM Reply   
The best bindings I have had so far. Love em.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-15-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
They were very comfortable, but entirely too stiff for my tastes. The inner sock thing is pretty awesome, I must admit. The only other downside is that I hadtrouble getting them tight enough.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
ive had zeus, belmonts and 3ds and the 3ds blows everything out of the water... its the best.... simple as that...
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-16-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Just bought 'em, and am excited about trying 'em.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-17-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
I love my 3DS boots. I have a long, narrow foot, so they're a little loose around my foot because I needed an XL, but the support is mostly around the ankle and lower shin. They feel great and gave me a little more surface control.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-17-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
I like 'em. they're stiff, offer a lot of response, but don't get fooled, it's not because of the closed toe. In my opinion, the closed to just looks cool, and also if you're in the water, and you wiggle your feet a little, the cold water comes rushing in through the neo sock.

pros - Super comfortable, super responsive, easy to put on/take off, good fit.

cons - maybe a little too stiff, but you get the response from the stiffness
Old     (wsrwilliams)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-17-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
the best!
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
They are super comfortable but they seem to be coming apart on me. I rode them probably 12 times max. They are starting to unglue around the baseplate on either side of the binding around the curve of the foot. I bought mine on Ebay and wish that I could get them fixed... Also be carefull how tight ou put the strings on the top of the foot cause when u fall out of the bindings you might make some damage to the top of your foot. I still get the odd pain and haven't riden in 3 months.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-17-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
i almost got 3ds bindings but heard about the footbed coming unglued. You should demo the 3ds and also the watsons. theyre both similar because they both have the stiff feel
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-17-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
If you decide to go the LF route, I have some brand new size Large 2007 Watson Bindings for sale if you're interested.
Old     (hydeout22)      Join Date: May 2006       02-16-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Have 2005 3ds and they are great. Great hold, very comfy, no heel lift and feet are comfortable in there for longer than I can board. I am size 12 and have XL boots. Only prob is getting in and out. Need slim to get in easily and getting out requires a good pull and wiggling. I am going to keep using these till they fall apart which I think is not going to happen anytime soon.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-16-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
You should also try the Ronix cell. Both Chad Sharpes boots. They should be similar. IMO, The Ronix look better.