Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old    mendo247            02-09-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Starting to put some plans together for a trip this summer. I know its been discussed before and there was a lot of good info, not looking for the biggest and baddest boat just gonna go simple.. I remember some hoor stories about a place or 2 but i'd just like to hear the good stories about resorts treating you right before we decide which one were gonna use...
Old     (jdrcrew8)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
We did a trip late last summer with Holiday Harbor. I can't think how they could've treated us any better. They were very pleasant and helpful. We didn't have any issues that would've tested their customer service but I can't see how they would've been any different.

They weren't sticklers for time as far as boat return and when we were still finishing cleaning up the check-in guy came aboard and told us to stop, that it was plenty clean.

They are not the nicest boats on the lake by any means but they seemed well maintained and they had places for all of us to rest our heads. I would recommend them to anyone.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
I have had good luck with both Jones Valley and Packer's Bay Marina, once you get out on the boat it is what you make happen that makes the trip memorable. PB is right off the 5 so it is pretty convenient to get to. Better book soon though cause they will fill up fast.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-09-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have always liked to go with the nicer more lavish houseboats. Last summer in August I was invited to Trinity lakes on a piece of crap houseboat. The funny thing is it was a great trip and it made me realize that it isnt the boat that you have..it's the people and atmosphere that make the trip. Have fun brutha
Old    mendo247            02-09-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
hahaha thats funny daniel, we did the same thing last year at trinity! i love that place.. ive been on the super fancy boats and the cheaper ones and either way it really hasnt effected the trips, there always a blast.. i could see where the fancy ones would come in handy if you had a ton of people going..
Old    stillstandin            02-09-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Ive gone out of Packers Bay, and Holiday Harbor. Had really good experiences with both. I have a boat reserved out of Jones Valley for late July. So far they have been good to deal with as well
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Shasta marina has nice new houseboats. Just launch at Packers because they have a better ramp and parking.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-09-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Can I go?
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-09-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Jones Valley was good to us last year. We would use them again.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-09-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
We've been treated right at Holiday Harbor and Lakeview (Jones), but Holiday Harbor has a nicer facility. I wasn't impressed with Antlers. A few cold beers to the dock crew at Holiday Harbor helped ease the late return.

But, heck, if you're at Shasta, have a boat that floats, and some cold beers....how bad can it be?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
We used Bridged Bay four years in a row, and they always treated us well, and provided clean well taken care of boats.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-09-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Best part of the last is the north west fork (i think it is the lakehead or sacramento river arm). lots of forks. Nice houseboats at Antlers.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
We rent every year out of Jones Valley. When are ya plannen on going we are putting our trip together as well, should have dates next week but looking at July
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-09-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
I've had great experiences with Holiday Harbor. They aren't fancy houseboats by any means but they are the cheapest on the lake and they also have the best gas price. They are organized and laid back.

I tried Silverthorne marina one year since they are closer to the part of the lake we usually stay but we had a horrible time. I do not recommend. They do have some very nice (but very expensive) boats. Their low-end boats are garbage and overpriced.

I just made my reservations for Holiday Harbor July 13th for a week. NICE!
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-09-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
my home lake, go check out holday harbor. i coached at the wakeboard school there all summer and it is a really friendly place, cool people and located on the best arm of the lake.
have a good trip.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-09-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
We do 2 trips per summer at Shasta and typically go with Silverthorne. That's the one we are doing this coming May as well.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-09-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
I'm surprised there is no mention of Memorial Day on Shasta, one of the larger house boating parties of the year. Kaesen what boat do you guys take out for instruction? I'm live in Redding now and I might be interested in getting my wife some lessons.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-09-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
we use a mastercraft X 1
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-13-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Another recommendation for Jones Valley.
They have treated us right for 3 trips over labor day. Close to good riding too.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-13-2007, 11:04 PM Reply   
Cliff I think Bridge bay still has the same boat we used to rent when I was way back in grade school