Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-12-2007, 10:45 PM Reply   
..apparently Puxatony Phil has only forecasted an early spring (not seeing his shadow) 14 times in the last century. Lets hope hes right about this one!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
source?
Old    murrayair            02-13-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Who needs Phil to bring an early spring? We've been enjoying spring since December here in California. Sunny and in the 70's regularly.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
mark, according to your profile, you live in placerville. it hasn't regularly been in the 70s in norcal. upper 50s to lower 60s at best, i'd say.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
I'm totally into Ground Hog Day! It's actually an old religious holiday called Candlemass, and it marks
the halfway point between the Winter solstice and the vernal equinox.

Check-out these links!

http://www.thisischurch.com/christianinfo/candlemass.html
http://www.groundhog.org/
http://www.punxsutawneyphil.com/
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Maybe Phil needs a new psychic, because last I checked, the Northeast has gotten 12 feet of snow in 10 days!
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
this is true.. infact today was a snow day in my area... but i still think phil knows best...
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-13-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because we also have a groundhog of our own here in atlanta and he had the same result as phil. Our weather has been up and down regularly the past few weeks, 60 one day 25 that nite, it's supposed to be 17 here thursday nite.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-13-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Here in Texas I am usually riding by mid-feb, it might snow tomorrow out here in the west and the rest of the week ain't looking good. Hope phil is right and were just off to a slow start. Maybe it will be 90 next week.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
David McGuirt, that 12 feet your speaking of is in a very isolated area of Upstate NY. (Oswego/Watertown) Its the phenomenon called "Lake Effect Snow" and generally dumps that much and more over the entire season. It's been such a big deal b/c they got a seasons worth of snow in 7 days and they literally could not keep up. This is very common near the great lakes but is in no way a true measure of how much snow has fallen in the NorthEast, which has been nearly nothing. They are a tough breed up there, I don't think I could handle that situation very well. More power to them.

We were actually having a very mild winter here in NJ till the last week in Jan when that arctic front dipped into the plains-states and an arctic dome of high Pressure settled in over the Mid-Atlantic states. We have been stuck in this for weeks now...and it's getting a little old. I for one welcome this storm to change the weather a little, my skin is about to flake off my body, the humidifier can't keep up and I'm running out of Mango scented Lanolin lotion!
Old    murrayair            02-13-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
Joe- it hit 70 at my house every week in January and the first week of February, and last month was the driest and sunniest january since 1889.