Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (99_air_warrior)      Join Date: May 2008       09-27-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
Has anyone had any good luck with the rope winder? I do not use it for winding up the rope we still do it by hand. it's great to get the rider in that sweet spot. without taking lengths off. I never pull anyone in . this is the second time it broke, now it won't lock. mine broke today and we seen another boat with one and they said their's broke for the second time today also. it cost 350.00 to fix it last time. Joe
Old     (dunesday)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-28-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
No issues with mine. It's been on the boat about a year and works perfectly. What is breaking on yours?
Old     (99_air_warrior)      Join Date: May 2008       09-28-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I pulled it apart today the locking solenoid Is very weak. I am not going to repair it. I used it with TLC it's a great idea just not strong enough. I wound the rope up five times this season so the motor would not burn up. to lock it you must have power to the solenoid at all times and I guess it got weak. Joe
Old     (ropewinder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-29-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
Hi Joe, its Kevin from RopeWinder. First of all, WOW! Who in the heck charged you $350 to fix your issue? If it was the Winder, it would have been free under warranty from us. Second, please contact us next time. We will make sure you are taken care of correctly so you won't have issues a second time. I have never seen a solenoid on our unit get weak. There is something else going on, possibly with the wiring. I would like to know who did the installation and I will contact them to troubleshoot this for you. Please call me at (916) 655-3333.
Old     (99_air_warrior)      Join Date: May 2008       09-29-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
Dan I sorry I did not mean to sound like I had it fixed it was the other boat owner that told me she had it fixed and it cost 350.00 she said a plastic part broke I din't see a plastic part when I took my apart. when it broke before I repaired it my self. I also installed it my self I work for a marine dealer as a tech. I also bought it used from a person on this site for 500.00 . I was not bad mouthing your product . it also has a motor issue you can't have any weight on it or it will trip the breaker. I didn't buy it to wind up the rope, just to get in that sweet spot. which it did . I do not have a warranty coming I don't even know how old it is. I did bench test it yesterday to see if I had a voltage drop in my wiring. It acted the same way directly to a battery. Thank You for your offer Joe