Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       12-03-2014, 7:40 PM Reply   
A friend gave me a head unit, so now I need some speakers. Something I know d!ck about. Don't want to spend much, but if I can get anything half decent that would be nice.
Dual, Pyle, Boss?
Are these Dual's better than these cheap Pyle's?
Other suggestions in this price category?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-04-2014, 4:39 AM Reply   
I know they aren't "filthy" cheap but I've had these the polk db651's and and these in an old boat:

http://www.amazon.com/4-Speakers-Kic...r+boat+speaker

You can find both for around 100-120 for a set of 4. I personally love the polks for a budget in boat set. They far out perform the price imho.

Know thats probably not the answer you were looking for but I wouldn't put either one of the speakers you posted up in my boat. I'd spend an extra 30 bucks.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-04-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
You can't beat the db651 speakers for the price imo. I've had them in my boat for years now and they still sound great.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-04-2014, 6:34 AM Reply   
Polk db651 as mentioned.

Sonicelectronix.com is a great place to find deals too
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       12-04-2014, 7:42 AM Reply   
I'm running fosgates punch series. Sound great and keep up with all my other equipment with zero problems
Old     (MBBoss210)      Join Date: Jan 2014       12-04-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
I've got 4 of these for my in-boat speakers. They perform very good and for the price are very affordable in my book.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Refer...ity+6.5+marine
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       12-04-2014, 9:08 AM Reply   
Dual, Pyle, and Boss are the k-mart of speakers. they are bottom of the barrel and I would be embarrassed to run any of them.

It's like being hungry for a nice juicy cheeseburger and instead going to the AM/PM minit mart and getting a gut bomb burger for $1 and having to run to the bathroom 15 minutes later because your system is rejecting it...

Any of the other suggestions given were legit.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-04-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
Theres cheap then theres inexpensive. The ones you listed are cheap. The other suggestions are decent and inexpensive. You know your budget so you got to get what you can afford, but remember if you do it somewhat right the first time you wont have to do it again in just a few months. I, like you didnt want to spend a lot of money so i went with what most would prob consider lower level stuff. Memphis Audio. No where near wetsounds or exile but it sounds pretty good and i have less than 2000 in my entire boat.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-04-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
Has Boss recently gone walmart style? I had 2 boss in-boats in the last one that sounded pretty good with decent power....

Infinity's look good and can handle 225W
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-04-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
If you watch the classifieds from all the forums you can get some pretty good stuff for relatively cheap. There was a guy over on team talk ( or planet nautique) that was giving away some stuff. Go check out those forums.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-04-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...ereo-Equipment
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-04-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
buy quality used before cheap, you can find some amazing deals on 2 and 3 yr old product that was once the top of the line
Old     (Valleywine)      Join Date: Aug 2014       12-04-2014, 4:31 PM Reply   
Kicker is hard to beat when it comes to the best bang for the buck. On my old boat I had 4 fosgate m262 ($250 on ebay for all 4) interiors, kicker km6500.2 w/ horns in box ($389 on ebay) towers and a kicker 500w 10" sub. Ran everything on one 5 channel (interiors and sub) and one 2 channel (tower) and it sounded great for little money. It did lack the really deep base but it was a budget system that played well.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       12-04-2014, 9:11 PM Reply   
Bill, thanks for the link! Will get in touch with him.

I am looking for cheap, not affordable. I'm going to put my boat up for sale, so I'll probably only use the speakers for only a couple months, maybe even less. If my buddy hadn't given me that deck I wouldn't get anything at all.

Got some great tips here for the next boat though. Cause then I'll want affordable, not cheap.
Thanks folks!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-08-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
I can see where you are coming from. One thought though....If you were buying a boat would you really want to see cheap crap in it? No idea what you are selling but I'd atleast try to find some used better speakers for a similar price. When selling a boat you are selling the boat and the owner. Cheap owners dont come across well
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       12-08-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
I can see where you are coming from. One thought though....If you were buying a boat would you really want to see cheap crap in it? No idea what you are selling but I'd atleast try to find some used better speakers for a similar price. When selling a boat you are selling the boat and the owner. Cheap owners dont come across well
I have to agree with this. Seeing cheap crappy brand speakers in a boat would make me wonder where else the owner cheaped out. Did they use cheap parts when it broke? Cheap fluids on maintenance? etc.

Okay, now that we know you just want something cheap, and we're trying to protect your resale by avoiding the brands with a negative stigma, how about this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA6MM25W8951

They are under $24 a pair with free shipping and they're Kenwood. Most people still associate Kenwood as a reasonable brand name (regardless of whether it is or isn't). on Deck power, it probably won't be a make it or break it proposition as far as what you put in there... I mean, it sounds like you just want noise, so these might just work.