Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-21-2021, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I'm not sure where we disagree, Delta. Do you not believe that we (humans) are releasing far more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than we did say 300 years ago?
I am sure we do. We in the US don't. That is why we have all of our emissions on our engines. That is why our air is so clean we have to import pure argon from canada. You know, those dirty polluters. We can also take it back further. 800 AD they had a mini ice age then a heating period. No CO2 from humans then either. We came and went out of several ice ages as well with out human CO2. We talk and talk about human this and human that, then a big volcano goes off and they say it put out more co2 in one day than millions of people over so many years. There are al sorts of active underwater volcano's as well.

You are not going to change the cycles of the earth. To do so is thinking very high of yourself and frankly makes you kind of dangerous with that type of god complex.

I don't think we agree though. I am not willing to support a party who wants to dissolve our borders, clamp our freedoms, sell out our middle class to the third world for an idea that just is not there and more importantly sell it out when all the things they are trying to do are actually the very opposite of the ideas that they are peddling. If the actions don't match the words they are saying then you have to search for the word(s) they are saying. That word is marxism.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2021, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Oh, I don't know. People yelling they are going to F$ck them up and stuff like that. The EMT's said it was too hostel as well thus they did the grab and go. Even that little liberal 2 year on the job firefighter who got flamed admitted it was hostel under oath.

Key word. Felt he was guilty. Being the hand of the state is not a feely kind of job. he was working his script. They put someone prone and control them until they can be transported in the car. he did not want to go in the car so they were stuck. Floyd wanted to be put on the ground. they put him on the ground. They called medical and they were late. The fire department who little miss liberal admitted only should have taken 3 minutes arrived even after the EMT's. They even pulled out the log and they called about (i believe) 5 minutes before your girl even was on the scene and that was before EMT's arrived. My wife's good friend lost their career and almost had to shoot sober a teen who was handcuffed. Kids ripped away, tore all the ligaments in the thumb and then jumped on trying to wrestle for weapons. Almost had to shoot the kid, got it under control. Grip never the same. 4 years of college and 10 years on the force up in smoke.

As a fire fighter, she should know to know interfere in that situation. So she checks a pulse then what? She has no meds. The guys died of a 3x dose of a deadly drug. They also do not know who she is, training, or anything. If the whole system worked the way it should have and according to her very testimony, they fire should have been there in 3 minutes before she even walked on the scene. Then what? We would have had a different issue. He would have been the dead black guy from a drug overdose. The same guy who put a gun in a woman's belly with a gang of men as they robbed her in her house a few years earlier.
Cute 3rd hand story from wifys friend, Chauvin nor any of the other 3 officers had a scratch on them. Floyd was unresponsive. How is an unresponsive (dead), handcuffed with 3 cops on his back suspect resisting? Had the FD medic checked pulse, chauvin would have got off him and would never had been charged. Chauvin was running the show, he was the officer in charge. There is no death penalty for any of Floyds actions, at the time nor 10 years earlier. Chauvin is not judge nor jury, nor executioner, lucky he also is not getting the death penalty he applied to Floyd. None of the witnesses stepped off the curb, go back and watch it again. What they did do is call him a bum and ask him to get off Floyd.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2021, 2:44 PM Reply   
Welcome to the real world. Here you have precisely what the Democrats and BLM want .this is only couple days old. One officer on scene is a family member .

Man beats and chokes his wife , she calls police. He’s done it several times she shows signs of injury and is afraid. Wife beater not on scene , so police do a report , identify the evidence, begin warrant paperwork. They have enough for a felony arrest of aggravated domestic battery. While searching for him. He manages to come back to the house to assault his wife a second time , Officers are called back , one officer arrives solo, He attempts to detain the offender with soft control tactics due to recent events . Basically gets toyed with by the violent offender who is about to be arrested. I’ll let the video speak for itself.

This is why the 21ft rule exists and people within 21ft of your range are a complete danger to an officer. This video highlights the immense danger of someone with a bat , knife , weapon standing within 21ft . AGAIN THIS IS THE REAL WORLD OF VIOLENCE , not the made up tv versions. This is why officers are trained. To keep shooting til the threat no longer exists. imagine this guy has a knife. Instead of a skull fracture this officer would probably be dead. These are the videos and benchmarks of why people with knives, bats, pipes , are just as deadly as someone with a gun inside 21ft. This exemplifies what LEO’s around the country are trained in , it exemplifies the true reality , not some agenda driven one. You don’t bring tasers with a less than 50 percent effectiveness to an armed confrontation.

Love to hear from the lefty’s and BLM supporters here them explain how people armed with weapons deserve a taser. Now tell me how wrong it was to shoot a 15hr old savage actively stabbing people.

Yet another HERO saving the life of a minority that won’t be acknowledged by those in the White House
The video
https://youtu.be/1wGTFR3283c

The article.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-...-suspect-video

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-21-2021 at 2:47 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2021, 3:48 PM Reply   
Never bring a pipe to a gunfight. I dont think BLM will be protesting on this shoot, are they?

BLM protested over the GF killing, which was warranted.
You should stop imagining everyone hates all police. ITs the bad seeds that need to go.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-21-2021, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Cute 3rd hand story from wifys friend, Chauvin nor any of the other 3 officers had a scratch on them. Floyd was unresponsive. How is an unresponsive (dead), handcuffed with 3 cops on his back suspect resisting? Had the FD medic checked pulse, chauvin would have got off him and would never had been charged. Chauvin was running the show, he was the officer in charge. There is no death penalty for any of Floyds actions, at the time nor 10 years earlier. Chauvin is not judge nor jury, nor executioner, lucky he also is not getting the death penalty he applied to Floyd. None of the witnesses stepped off the curb, go back and watch it again. What they did do is call him a bum and ask him to get off Floyd.
Would not call it a cute story of my wifes friend/ coworker. It is the god da$m truth. Good cop with a ruined career and future retirement. For what? Some little piss-ant who can not follow the law.

The cop is not there to make a determination of death. The cop is there to run his procedures on a violent felon drugged out of his mind dude who was not compliant. The little liberal pouty mouth fire girl is a non factor. She was not on duty. She had no tools. She was a Jr person and was part of a angry and threatening mob. She was just another distraction in the crowd and should be let go from the fire service to be honest. It is not the officers fault all the fire and medical people who little miss pouty liberal swore should have been there in 3 minutes, but they were not. So maybe the fire department should be up on murder 1 for not being there in time. If they get there when they should have, he would have been off of him.

Cop did not kill that f$cker. The f$cker killed that F$cker. The sooner you apologists start to admit that these people are bad people who are doing bad things to society and putting good people in impossible situations, the sooner there will be healing. Like your saint Nancy said, "Thank you George Floyd for dying for justice". I guess Floyd is the new Jesus Christ to you idiots.

The mob said more than that. They contributed to the over all situation. You are a druggy. I am sure you pass out then get up. Wife was on a scene where the EMT's worked on a OD guy. Dude came up swinging. It was her and this EMT to try and hold him down. You have no idea when a drug dude is coming back around.

You boy Lebron twitted that the cop in Ohio is next. So we have the Chinese loving NBA Marxists threatening cops now.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-21-2021, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Never bring a pipe to a gunfight. I dont think BLM will be protesting on this shoot, are they?

You should stop imagining everyone hates all police. ITs the bad seeds that need to go.
BLM protests every shoot. I don't think you get it. It is not about bad cops. To the marxist, they are all bad cops. They protect the wealthy so they must be destroyed. The BLM leaders brag they are trained marxists.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-21-2021, 3:54 PM Reply   
Quote:

Moving forward, white police officers cannot call on black victims, they must let it go until a black officer can be on the scene. Its just the way it has to be. Sad but it would be hard to step in on those teenagers until a black officer was there. why risk being called a racist, losing your home, your life.

the left said, all white people are inherently racist and born evil suppressors. so it would only be fitting to just let it go.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-21-2021, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Moving forward, white police officers cannot call on black victims, they must let it go until a black officer can be on the scene. Its just the way it has to be. Sad but it would be hard to step in on those teenagers until a black officer was there. why risk being called a racist, losing your home, your life.

the left said, all white people are inherently racist and born evil suppressors. so it would only be fitting to just let it go.
Yep. It is the way it needs to be. Just like Jordan Peterson pointed out, when people strive to have equality of results they have been proven, through data, to actually self segregate.

Funny thing is, black people will be shocked. Black cops are 2x more likely to shoot a black guy than a white cop. They are not going to like the results.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2021, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
a knee on the neck for 10 mins, im sure that may have something to do with his medical incident. Its why he was found guilty in a court of law.
The defense... it was part of his training, the police chief...no not any part of training. Who lied?, other than you.
The police chief somewhat lied , So did the current use of force trainer they brought in. They spoke about the current curriculum . Both played dumb/ignorant of the earlier curriculum taught before their time. The defense tried to bring that in , but their witness was not allowed to testify to the fact by the judge. There was no foundation to dispute the testimony of the chief and use of force witness from the prosecution unless Chauvin would’ve taken the stand. Yet again another huge factor that over 90 percent of the general public doesn’t understand or have any clue about the introduction of witnesses and evidence. There is a reason sharp attorneys make millions. So as a defense Atty do you risk you client taking the stand in order to prove the stretching of the truth being portrayed ?

Listen to the chief of Columbus who just spoke about his HERO ................oh wait he didn’t say a word about the heroic actions of his officer. Instead his speech was centered around how we all should weep for that violent savage’s family , how hurtful it is to loose a 15yr old . GTFOh you pandering idiot. Selling his soul for a politically appointed position. Not one single mention of the actual victims being stabbed and how they’re alive because of the officers quick actions , not one single mention of the officer having to deal with killing a violent armed offender and the toll that will take on him and his family. Not once acknowledging the inherit danger of this officer being attacked in his home for his heroic actions. Yea that’s the life of a chief. Very few chiefs across the Nation are based on qualifications. They’re as much political pandering buffoons as the mayors they serve. You will find more qualified leaders atop more Sheriffs departments than you will municipalities.

Now that the verdict is rendered , I’ll give my view. No way in hell they officer deserved the 2 murder charges. Period end of story. I can see an argument for manslaughter . The knee didn’t kill him. No matter what you want to believe in fake land it didn’t. The actions of Chauvin should’ve been better , he should’ve known keeping someone in an excited state breathing so hard on their chest that long is not a good . He should’ve rolled Floyd to his side. Just as easy to control a person on their side and it allows him to breath. Yet again tho , the constant loop of video , the constant fake narrative , the constant riots and rhetoric for a year completely ***** what actually happens in real life. Perceived threats are everything . Anyone who’s worked in a violent area knows how quick the crowd turns . Just about every time you make an arrest in a high crime area a crowd gathers , especially after a foot chase , fight, or struggle. Daily crowds hurl bottles , rocks , objects while officers detain subjects and have to go back blocks to retrieve their cars , I’ve had my head split twice from objects flying from crowds gathering. I was actually dragged out of my police car and beat by a mob after I was T boned by a dunk who blew a red right while we were in a pursuit for a murder subject. This is another example of people that have no clue about the ugliness and violent nature of what officers go through daily writing the rules and painting unrealistic pictures. Policing is ugly and violent. There is a reason the left won’t post all the videos of millions of encounters in which police use minimal force against violent offenders and chose to not use deadly force when it would’ve been justified . Just to give you a perspective. Roughly 6000 gun toting ****heads were arrested in 2019. Of the 6000, 11 actually involved shots fired by police. Over 25 of those police were shot at , Of the 6000 , 5200 of those incidents officers were battered or encountered force options as foot chases and use of force to effect the arrest. Those are just the arrest of gun toting felons. That doesn’t include the bat , knife , pipe , brick wielding suspects , that doesn’t include the arrests of other violent criminals .

What’s never talked about is what the actual body does under stress, if you don’t think Chauvin and the rest of the officers were experiencing it during an altercation , exacerbated my a crowd yelling , people getting in their faces and threatening violence against them you’re an imbecile. The body does strange things when confronted with those situations. It’s possible Chauvin didn’t even feel Floyd go limp because he was so tunnel visioned on the people around him. Again no able
To discuss that in open court unless Chauvin lays the foundation. , which clearly opting to not take the stand makes that impossible. Unlike the left I believe in the justice system. While I don’t agree with the verdict at all, I will accept it because that’s how the justice system works.

I’d argue it’s virtually impossible these days to get a fair trial in open court. The constant releasing of edited videos being replayed in the news in order to fit an agenda taints the jury pool big time No video should ever be released til it’s played in court. That’s the single most effective way to ensure a fair and impartial trial. This idea of immediately releasing video evidence of certain violent crimes for the narratives to start steamrolling violates any sense of a fair and impartial trial with a jury that’s been influenced on an incident even before the evidence is ever presented. The court of feelings and public opinion is very dangerous. If you already have a perceived narrative in your head , it’s easy to skew the evidence presented to you to fit that preconceived notion. That’s a scientific fact.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-21-2021, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The police chief somewhat lied , So did the current use of force trainer they brought in. They spoke about the current curriculum . Both played dumb/ignorant of the earlier curriculum taught before their time. The defense tried to bring that in , but their witness was not allowed to testify to the fact by the judge. There was no foundation to dispute the testimony of the chief and use of force witness from the prosecution unless Chauvin would’ve taken the stand. Yet again another huge factor that over 90 percent of the general public doesn’t understand or have any clue about the introduction of witnesses and evidence. There is a reason sharp attorneys make millions. So as a defense Atty do you risk you client taking the stand in order to prove the stretching of the truth being portrayed ?

Listen to the chief of Columbus who just spoke about his HERO ................oh wait he didn’t say a word about the heroic actions of his officer. Instead his speech was centered around how we all should weep for that violent savage’s family , how hurtful it is to loose a 15yr old . GTFOh you pandering idiot. Selling his soul for a politically appointed position. Not one single mention of the actual victims being stabbed and how they’re alive because of the officers quick actions , not one single mention of the officer having to deal with killing a violent armed offender and the toll that will take on him and his family. Not once acknowledging the inherit danger of this officer being attacked in his home for his heroic actions. Yea that’s the life of a chief. Very few chiefs across the Nation are based on qualifications. They’re as much political pandering buffoons as the mayors they serve. You will find more qualified leaders atop more Sheriffs departments than you will municipalities.

Now that the verdict is rendered , I’ll give my view. No way in hell they officer deserved the 2 murder charges. Period end of story. I can see an argument for manslaughter . The knee didn’t kill him. No matter what you want to believe in fake land it didn’t. The actions of Chauvin should’ve been better , he should’ve known keeping someone in an excited state breathing so hard on their chest that long is not a good . He should’ve rolled Floyd to his side. Just as easy to control a person on their side and it allows him to breath. Yet again tho , the constant loop of video , the constant fake narrative , the constant riots and rhetoric for a year completely ***** what actually happens in real life. Perceived threats are everything . Anyone who’s worked in a violent area knows how quick the crowd turns . Just about every time you make an arrest in a high crime area a crowd gathers , especially after a foot chase , fight, or struggle. Daily crowds hurl bottles , rocks , objects while officers detain subjects and have to go back blocks to retrieve their cars , I’ve had my head split twice from objects flying from crowds gathering. I was actually dragged out of my police car and beat by a mob after I was T boned by a dunk who blew a red right while we were in a pursuit for a murder subject. This is another example of people that have no clue about the ugliness and violent nature of what officers go through daily writing the rules and painting unrealistic pictures. Policing is ugly and violent. There is a reason the left won’t post all the videos of millions of encounters in which police use minimal force against violent offenders and chose to not use deadly force when it would’ve been justified . Just to give you a perspective. Roughly 6000 gun toting ****heads were arrested in 2019. Of the 6000, 11 actually involved shots fired by police. Over 25 of those police were shot at , Of the 6000 , 5200 of those incidents officers were battered or encountered force options as foot chases and use of force to effect the arrest. Those are just the arrest of gun toting felons. That doesn’t include the bat , knife , pipe , brick wielding suspects , that doesn’t include the arrests of other violent criminals .

What’s never talked about is what the actual body does under stress, if you don’t think Chauvin and the rest of the officers were experiencing it during an altercation , exacerbated my a crowd yelling , people getting in their faces and threatening violence against them you’re an imbecile. The body does strange things when confronted with those situations. It’s possible Chauvin didn’t even feel Floyd go limp because he was so tunnel visioned on the people around him. Again no able
To discuss that in open court unless Chauvin lays the foundation. , which clearly opting to not take the stand makes that impossible. Unlike the left I believe in the justice system. While I don’t agree with the verdict at all, I will accept it because that’s how the justice system works.

I’d argue it’s virtually impossible these days to get a fair trial in open court. The constant releasing of edited videos being replayed in the news in order to fit an agenda taints the jury pool big time No video should ever be released til it’s played in court. That’s the single most effective way to ensure a fair and impartial trial. This idea of immediately releasing video evidence of certain violent crimes for the narratives to start steamrolling violates any sense of a fair and impartial trial with a jury that’s been influenced on an incident even before the evidence is ever presented. The court of feelings and public opinion is very dangerous. If you already have a perceived narrative in your head , it’s easy to skew the evidence presented to you to fit that preconceived notion. That’s a scientific fact.
I have to ask. I am sure once those nuns stopped beating you, they apologized and threw themselves in the klink for being bad. Had to be nuns right? Could not imagine this was any other type of people who did this. This is what people don't get. They live in free states like Texas and are doing well and think that people just make this crap up. They have no idea what it is like to live/ work in heavy democrat areas. Even ol liberal commie Wes could not take it and moved to Texas where he will bring his brand of filth to the great Republic.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2021, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:

Dead guy isn’t black ,doesn’t fit narrative.

This is what they do when they learn that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-was-white.amp

Wondering where all the protests and rally’s were for this 7yr old gunned down

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2489731/%3famp

For this victim savagely killed

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/04/17-16...r-rip-off.html

Maybe they missed this killing for a 75 yr old
https://cwbchicago.com/2021/04/man-c...k-gangway.html

Take a look at the daily violent carnage being committed by blacks. Yet somehow people are shocked they’re arrested for crimes in higher numbers. It’s sickening.

Look at the sentences and bonds for these violent offenders. But systematic racism in police is the problem. RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

https://cwbchicago.com/
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-21-2021, 6:18 PM Reply   
I guess knives are to be banned also, those knives kill people, not the person, the knife. Only evil existing in our america because the left needs it, wants it, and will create laws to control policing. eliminate local and state controlled laws. so the gov can. Lies catch up to you, systemic racism is a lie. no science, no stats, just BS.

Lets make one up now. systemic breakdown. The breakdown of families in black families. 70% of black children are fatherless. The left wants more black violence, and they are key to creating fake racist motive, and pine on these sad moments, so they can alter freedoms for all races. We can agree, black men, bail on their children, sad, but I don't believe black children are bad or evil by nature or unable to be raised as wonderful, caring and conscious beings that understand right from wrong. but maybe we are wrong, maybe all black people are unable to be? All victims and animals? Is this where we are going? this is what the left wants! Segregation! When schools make black only dorms, when schools tell children they are evil be nature, for being born white. we are heading into a very scary place.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-22-2021, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:

You are not going to change the cycles of the earth. To do so is thinking very high of yourself and frankly makes you kind of dangerous with that type of god complex.
If you don’t think we can change the climate through human intervention (i.e. burning fossil fuels) I am curious what you think about the idea of launching reflective aerosols into the stratosphere to induce global cooling? It’s a proposed “on purpose” mechanical intervention to induce cooling.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dead guy isn’t black ,doesn’t fit narrative.

This is what they do when they learn that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-was-white.amp

Wondering where all the protests and rally’s were for this 7yr old gunned down

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2489731/%3famp

For this victim savagely killed

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/04/17-16...r-rip-off.html

Maybe they missed this killing for a 75 yr old
https://cwbchicago.com/2021/04/man-c...k-gangway.html

Take a look at the daily violent carnage being committed by blacks. Yet somehow people are shocked they’re arrested for crimes in higher numbers. It’s sickening.

Look at the sentences and bonds for these violent offenders. But systematic racism in police is the problem. RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

https://cwbchicago.com/
I have literally spoke about this on this site for 20 years. They still believe in the narratives they are fed.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-22-2021, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you don’t think we can change the climate through human intervention (i.e. burning fossil fuels) I am curious what you think about the idea of launching reflective aerosols into the stratosphere to induce global cooling? It’s a proposed “on purpose” mechanical intervention to induce cooling.
Sounds like a horrible idea. I like warm weather.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Never happen. It would be cool if we could simply flip a switch and make things the way we want. Kind of like the 50's where they thought they could do everything using nuclear this and that and microwaves to dig holes and power your car.

If you look at historical trends, the earth warmed another 4 degrees c I believe from where we are then went into an ice age. All on it's own. I believe previous to the ice age was a spike in CO2. That is why all the articles came out in the 70's that we were moving into a new ice age. Seems to me if you use all these "ideas", we actually may have triggered an ice age so what would be the idea of trying to cool a globe that may be heading to an ice age? We are kind of due if you look at the cycles.

Ever notice that hockey stick warming trend lie went away? We had to fight about that chit on here too. Turns out they lied or misrepresented the truth at best. Now they turned the argument from warming, to change and increased CO2. We also had to fight the environazi's on nuclear power. Wow, just think if we could have had the plants built and not be burning coal for generations? If you truly believe that we doomed the earth, then you guys really have to give yourselves a high 5 for being on the wrong end of that again. Eventually you would think that people would catch a clue that they are using you for power. Harnessing your fears of something you have little control over which ironically they harnessed your fears (nuclear) to the point that force you into even bigger fear position. You gave them power before from fear and they led you wrong and now you want to double down.

Like I said, if you are really looking for solutions you do not give places like china and india your jobs so they can pollute more. You keep them in house. One because they are our jobs. Two, we have the technology and laws to protect the environment. We all know this. So there is something else in play. We all know what it is but 50% of the country does not want to admit it. marxism.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-22-2021, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Never happen.
Oh that's the thing... I think it actually really WILL happen**. Whether it works or not I don't know. But it's apparently relatively inexpensive, meaning you don't have to be a superpower to try it, even though it could impact the global climate. Consider indonesia, sri lanka, the maldives and cuba getting together to launch ish into the stratosphere to cool the earth because global warming is raising the oceans to a level that's very disruptive to those countries.

** and why not? We've been unintentionally experimenting for the past two centuries with the release of fossil fuel byproducts into the atmosphere and have (or in your view haven't) observed measurable resulting changes in the climate. If those changes are bad for said countries, why not try to modify the atmosphere the other way on purpose (or, if you believe that fossil fuel burning didn't do anything in the first place, then you wouldn't care about reflective aerosols either because what could that do)?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh that's the thing... I think it actually really WILL happen**. Whether it works or not I don't know. But it's apparently relatively inexpensive, meaning you don't have to be a superpower to try it, even though it could impact the global climate. Consider indonesia, sri lanka, the maldives and cuba getting together to launch ish into the stratosphere to cool the earth because global warming is raising the oceans to a level that's very disruptive to those countries.

** and why not? We've been unintentionally experimenting for the past two centuries with the release of fossil fuel byproducts into the atmosphere and have (or in your view haven't) observed measurable resulting changes in the climate. If those changes are bad for said countries, why not try to modify the atmosphere the other way on purpose (or, if you believe that fossil fuel burning didn't do anything in the first place, then you wouldn't care about reflective aerosols either because what could that do)?
Then have at it, then we will get to hear about how such and such destroyed the ozone layer and more fear mongering. Funny thing is, that is what they are accusing CO2 of doing is keeping heat in the earth. So what you are saying is people must believe the sun is causing the warming because why would you have reflectors. What reflects away will also reflect in. Then you also lower the suns irradiance and impact crops. Have at it hos.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-22-2021, 8:53 AM Reply   
"WTF are electrolytes?"
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-22-2021, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then have at it, then we will get to hear about how such and such destroyed the ozone layer and more fear mongering. Funny thing is, that is what they are accusing CO2 of doing is keeping heat in the earth. So what you are saying is people must believe the sun is causing the warming because why would you have reflectors. What reflects away will also reflect in. Then you also lower the suns irradiance and impact crops. Have at it hos.
Well duh of course it's the sun Delta. Do you think the heat on earth actually comes from volcanos or sweaty folks at the gym? It's the combination of the radiation from the sun and an atmosphere that traps the heat to create our temperate climate. Consider that the moon is cold AF and is basically the same distance from the sun as the earth (sometimes a little farther, sometimes a little closer).
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:

Does anyone ever wonder why they such and such area was a sea bed as they build houses on them?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well duh of course it's the sun Delta. Do you think the heat on earth actually comes from volcanos or sweaty folks at the gym? It's the combination of the radiation from the sun and an atmosphere that traps the heat to create our temperate climate. Consider that the moon is cold AF and is basically the same distance from the sun as the earth (sometimes a little farther, sometimes a little closer).
So you don't reject the fact that the sun is in a solar maximum right now and it to cycles.

I wonder what freedoms you democrats are going to demand we give up or jobs you are going to ship out when the sun keeps expanding (which it is).
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, how do you know it is just the sun? You do know the earth is literally a ball of molten metal. The moon not so much.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-22-2021, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, how do you know it is just the sun? You do know the earth is literally a ball of molten metal. The moon not so much.
mars? https://mars.nasa.gov/news/453/scien...%20and%20Venus.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok. so? Do we believe the earths internal heat is stable and always constant? Granted we rely on the atmosphere to work with the sun to keep us warm, however we are only talking .2 to .4 degrees.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Should be give our freedom of speech to china since they are the biggest polluters? How about our right to assemble? Maybe we could give that to china too? According to democrats, exporting our jobs and freedoms is the only way to combat climate change.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-22-2021, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Should be give our freedom of speech to china since they are the biggest polluters? How about our right to assemble? Maybe we could give that to china too? According to democrats, exporting our jobs and freedoms is the only way to combat climate change.
Sorry Delta, you are losing me a bit. I don't think your right to stand on a milk crate in front of the post office and wax philosophical is really going to be limited here?

It sounds like you'd be ambivalent on global efforts to combat climate change so long as the burdens are shared?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry Delta, you are losing me a bit. I don't think your right to stand on a milk crate in front of the post office and wax philosophical is really going to be limited here?

It sounds like you'd be ambivalent on global efforts to combat climate change so long as the burdens are shared?
What is sharing the burden mean? us giving our jobs to china? Mexico? Is that sharing the burden. Seems to me that is giving them more incentive to pollute.

I think if people want to try and play god, then so be it. What I care about is our supposed leaders playing race baiting games to stir up the masses to gain power. What I care about is these so called leaders selling our jobs and allowing other countries to sue US citizens for supposed slights against the "environment". You may not even make it to the hundreds of years where this is going to be an issue. You are going to have a bigger issue.

As far as the ability to soap box. You are closer to not being able to do it thank to your democrat buddies. It is well documented what you leftist have done to free speech on campuses and other public squares. Now we have sports figures who can only speak anti America speech and better not say anything against China. We saw what happened to the guy from the Rockets who said something. Basically they are controlling the speech of you dems and then you are sending out your goons in the streets.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:

Simply though. The democrats way to fight pollution is to send jobs off shore and tax Americans. Pretty sure that is the opposite of fighting pollution.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 11:26 AM Reply   
so now you guys just passed DC statehood in the house. Is there nothing you are will to do or destroy for power?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 12:02 PM Reply   
Biden trying to move Corporate tax rate to 28% (china at 25%).

Biden trying to hit capital gains at 50%. Californians could pay around 57%. due to state responsibilities.

Looks like winners to me. Less for me to compete against. Not sure how that is going to work out for 401k's and general employment.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-22-2021, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
so now you guys just passed DC statehood in the house. Is there nothing you are will to do or destroy for power?
Do you have any reason to deny DC statehood? Curious of the reasoning. 7-800,000 people dont have a voice.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-22-2021, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you have any reason to deny DC statehood? Curious of the reasoning. 7-800,000 people dont have a voice.

It’s just not enough people to justify a state.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-22-2021, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
It’s just not enough people to justify a state.
Then this is where we send the illegals to grow the population like Kalifornia.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-22-2021, 3:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, The constitution. It is mentioned in more than one place that this was done intentionally. It was done purposefully so one state would not wield more power over the other states by having the Capital in their state. They already offered to yield the residential areas back to Maryland. The democrats did not like that answer. They want the Senators to gain power. The yielding of the residential areas back to states has happened with 2 other areas around the Capital previously. Yielding back to the states would give them the proper representation.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2021, 3:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Um... From what I heard, the constitution.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2021, 3:31 PM Reply   
Dang. These water buffalo were really goin at it. I have no issue with animals like this being put down. This cop is a hero, but libtards can't help themselves and have to try to make political hay out of it. This officer saved a life. https://www.foxnews.com/media/neighb...deo-doesnt-lie
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2021, 5:52 AM Reply   
Looks like Bruce has some new aspirations. Sadly, this is as close as we get to a republican here. Only in Kalifornia...
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cai...-of-california
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-23-2021, 6:37 AM Reply   
knew this was coming. Hopefully it won't get passed

up to a 43% capital gains tax

#BidendestroyingAmericaonallfronts
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2021, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
knew this was coming. Hopefully it won't get passed

up to a 43% capital gains tax

#BidendestroyingAmericaonallfronts
Thats Cap gains right? So you would need to sell at least a $million in assets plus have over $200K income to pay anything, if i understand correctly. Correct me if im out of line. So he is hitting the high income areas like CA and NY, heavy democratic areas.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-23-2021, 10:50 AM Reply   
he's also hitting the little guy that has worked and saved all of their life.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-23-2021, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thats Cap gains right? So you would need to sell at least a $million in assets plus have over $200K income to pay anything, if i understand correctly. Correct me if im out of line. So he is hitting the high income areas like CA and NY, heavy democratic areas.
IF it were that simple, who in their right mind would sell a million in assets? Everyone would sell 0.999 million. He knows this. It will not be just what you said. I say go for it. I have said my peace. I will never be in that bunch anyway. I say do it. burn it down. Give the people what they think they wanted and maybe they will not vote democrat again. Well, except the foreigners that kalifornia uses to push their laws. That pesky foreign influence into our elections.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2021, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
he's also hitting the little guy that has worked and saved all of their life.
If the little guy has over $200K income and selling over a million in assets per year, i dont consider him the "little guy" any longer.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-23-2021, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
If the little guy has over $200K income and selling over a million in assets per year, i dont consider him the "little guy" any longer.
who gave you the right to decide. I am not paying 40%. I am going to cheat the system like the people you helped vote into office.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2021, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
who gave you the right to decide. I am not paying 40%. I am going to cheat the system like the people you helped vote into office.
You may be confused, again. Elections have consequences. Just like the election gave DJT and republican controlled congress power to lower taxes on corps and the wealthy americans. Does that help you understand? FYI, all of this is just ''proposed". How did the people "i voted into office" cheat the system?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-23-2021, 12:40 PM Reply   
Not sure where you guys are getting this million dollar figure. The CG tax would increase to 43% for top earners. So if you are in the top quartile of earners and you sell some investments and make $100K, you give 43% of that to the government. I have not seen the tiers for the middle class yet but you can rest assured they will be higher than 20%.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2021, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Not sure where you guys are getting this million dollar figure. The CG tax would increase to 43% for top earners. So if you are in the top quartile of earners and you sell some investments and make $100K, you give 43% of that to the government. I have not seen the tiers for the middle class yet but you can rest assured they will be higher than 20%.

The press is reporting on leaks, expect announcement next week.
From FOX Business News.... taken from Bloomberg.
"The White House is considering raising the capital gains tax rate to 39.6% on people earning $1 million and over, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg on Monday. Including the tax on investment income, wealthy individuals could see their federal rates reach as high as 43.4%, the publication noted."
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-23-2021, 1:12 PM Reply   
Right. So if you make over a million a year (lets say salary) and you sell any amount of stock for a gain the tax on the sale will be 43.4%. You don't have to sell a million in assets to get hit with the higher bracket.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2021, 1:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for clarification p.
So," little guys" , no need to worry.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-23-2021, 2:09 PM Reply   
he might not be the little guy any more, but if he climbed from depths....he ought to be able to keep most of what he earned. I know you won't agree.

It's like the lefts' vilifying a corporation. Some corporations are just 1 person.
Or referencing McDonalds when the talk is about minimum wage.

The guy who risked it all, washed the dishes and spent decades chopping the pizza, shouldn't be in the same conversation
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2021, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
he might not be the little guy any more, but if he climbed from depths....he ought to be able to keep most of what he earned. I know you won't agree.

It's like the lefts' vilifying a corporation. Some corporations are just 1 person.
Or referencing McDonalds when the talk is about minimum wage.

The guy who risked it all, washed the dishes and spent decades chopping the pizza, shouldn't be in the same conversation
I dont think anyone, dems, R's Q's are going to cry croc tears for anyone earning over $1 mil a year. Doesnt matter if you started your corp in a garage in Albuquerque NM, today you are Microsoft.
You are not the only one who washed dishes and flipped pizzas and risked it all. If you did all that and went bust, you wouldnt pay taxes. Feel lucky, you did it, most never do.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-23-2021, 2:36 PM Reply   
I hear ya 95.....my mentor viewed it as a sign of success. But hey....damn near 50%!?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2021, 2:48 PM Reply   
No comment on the damn near 50%. But you did hit a soft spot, I washed dishes for $2.35 an hour and rolled the pizza dough for years after it came out of the big Hobart mixer. That thing would remove your arm if not careful. Cant count the fingers HS kids sliced off in the deli slicer. Good times!!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2021, 7:39 PM Reply   
Don’t worry more kids will be losing their finger in that machine once this educational plan gets rolling.

This seems like a great idea. Force all kids to learn at the same pace. Why would we allow kids to learn at the pace they’re he most challenging we at to bring it their best. No advanced level classes for students k-10.
Love to hear how this style of system is the key to success from all you Biden supporters. Just a perfect look into the leftist agenda of dumbing down America.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ses-equity.amp
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-24-2021, 4:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
I dont think anyone, dems, R's Q's are going to cry croc tears for anyone earning over $1 mil a year. Doesnt matter if you started your corp in a garage in Albuquerque NM, today you are Microsoft.
You are not the only one who washed dishes and flipped pizzas and risked it all. If you did all that and went bust, you wouldnt pay taxes. Feel lucky, you did it, most never do.
You don't get to keep your million earned, your a boob, we already pay 50% between fed, state, local, medicaid, then we get any possible deduction wiped out. So I can do my taxes on a post it. I cant even claim my kids. You have no idea, why work so hard, **** it, just fire people. downsize, limit income, and limit growth, hide more money, pull out of anything with capital gains, so all stocks. cut the market and by up slum housing, sell the homes to your children, they can resale it for a profit, dump the money into their accounts and **** off! this is why people cheat. This is also why people downsize their private businesses. no reason to make millions and have it taken away.

Kinda like being the faster runner in the race, but you get 40% of your time added in the end and you continually lose even when you are winning.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-24-2021, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
You don't get to keep your million earned, your a boob, we already pay 50% between fed, state, local, medicaid, then we get any possible deduction wiped out. So I can do my taxes on a post it. I cant even claim my kids. You have no idea, why work so hard, **** it, just fire people. downsize, limit income, and limit growth, hide more money, pull out of anything with capital gains, so all stocks. cut the market and by up slum housing, sell the homes to your children, they can resale it for a profit, dump the money into their accounts and **** off! this is why people cheat. This is also why people downsize their private businesses. no reason to make millions and have it taken away.

Kinda like being the faster runner in the race, but you get 40% of your time added in the end and you continually lose even when you are winning.
You know who to thank?
https://www.businessinsider.com/can-...ivanka-2017-12
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-25-2021, 5:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
So when everyone says how all the money went to the rich, it didn't. we took a hit to help the lower and middle class. we always pay, in every direction so lets put people into office that allow everyone to grow. impossible, as the gov wants it all. greed comes in many ways, no one is a greedy as the government and the ones running the show are going to prove it, in a way, never seen before.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2021, 9:45 AM Reply   
MIT getting cancelled by all democrats in 3...2...1...
https://www.foxnews.com/health/mit-s...ial-distancing
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-25-2021, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
MIT getting cancelled by all democrats in 3...2...1...
https://www.foxnews.com/health/mit-s...ial-distancing
FOX has a difficult time reading and comprehending the report. They just figure you fools believe everything they write. Read up GATE student.
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/17/...disp-formula-6
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2021, 11:49 AM Reply   
Be careful. Your masked messiah has spoken on the matter.
https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci...-mask-guidance
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-25-2021, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Be careful. Your masked messiah has spoken on the matter.
https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci...-mask-guidance
Why are you posting more zero content? More hard hitting common sense.

"What I believe you’re going to be hearing, what the country is going to be hearing soon, is updated guidelines from the CDC," Fauci told ABC’s "This Week." "The CDC is a science-based organization. They don’t want to make any guidelines unless they look at the data and the data backs it up."

"But when you look around at the common sense situation, the risk is really low, especially if you’re vaccinated," he said.

All we need to do is get the deniers vaccinated.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-25-2021, 8:23 PM Reply   
Just leave this beautiful gem discussing modern day democratic America in their strongholds.

Looks like their policies are really helping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yYUDhFjb68
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-26-2021, 5:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think the government should be entitled to almost 50% of anything. When they need that much money to fund there over-inflated, inefficient, machine there is a problem. They should be downsizing and cutting programs, not increasing them.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-26-2021, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just leave this beautiful gem discussing modern day democratic America in their strongholds.

Looks like their policies are really helping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yYUDhFjb68
Ha! I think this guy found the solution to bring us all together.
https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/...nt-articles%2F
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-26-2021, 6:12 AM Reply   
Oh this is an instant classic. Another black democrat gets to meet the popo. This time for a DUI. Let’s see how far his black privilege gets him.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-...ll-gov-whitmer
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-26-2021, 6:49 AM Reply   
More democrat sub human animals doing what dey do... not so ironically in front of an “Urban Decay” store. How fitting. I’m sure it’s all because of white privilege.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...250938844.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-26-2021, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think the government should be entitled to almost 50% of anything. When they need that much money to fund there over-inflated, inefficient, machine there is a problem. They should be downsizing and cutting programs, not increasing them.

Curious — How would you balance the budget? You need to either raise revenue by $1T, cut spending by $1T, or some combination of the two.

Personally I’d like to see better funding for the IRS so we can collect the est $250B in taxes due but uncollected every year (cheats, scams, miscalcs and whatnot). ROI there would be very high. (Prolly net $225B?). But after that it gets pretty hard and someone’s ox gets gored.

I honestly don’t hate the elimination of stepped up basis at death. I can’t really think of a good public policy for that one. Why should you get grandma’s basis if she gives you her stock today, but you get date of death basis if she dies tomorrow? So there’s a little more potential CG revenue on the table there.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 04-26-2021 at 7:14 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-26-2021, 8:43 AM Reply   
I would gut spending. Its too fat with too many programs. layers of administration collecting overinflated paychecks.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-26-2021, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I would gut spending. Its too fat with too many programs. layers of administration collecting overinflated paychecks.
That's a nice soundbite. But explain actually HOW that would be done. All politicians campaign on the issue and are then slapped in the face with reality being much more complicated.

Which jobs and programs get cut specifically, to add up to approximately $800B per year? Account for the loss of tax revenue resulting from the lost jobs and lost spending (remember fed employees and fed contractors do end up paying taxes). I've lobbed you up an easy $225B in additional revenue from being better at enforcing the rules already on the books. Now slice out an additional $800M from the budget. That's about 20% across the board, assuming you'd be inclined to cut all general revenue funding of Social Security (most SS revenue comes from payroll tax).

Can't cut interest payments cuz they are what they are (but they would decline over time if we paid off debt and didn't borrow more).

But would you cut fed employee pensions and military pensions by 20%?

Would you cut old folks' medicare by 20%?

Would you cut our already shoddy highway spending by 20%?

Oh yeah... also remember that if these spending cuts adversely impact the general economy, then tax revenues fall, so you have to cut even more, and if those additional cuts adversely impact the general economy, then revenues fall even more and you have to cut a third time... and so on.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-26-2021, 10:35 AM Reply   
Put together a list off all the federally funded/subsidized 501c3s along with all the money we spend on foreign aid and I will take a look.
You could also start taxing credit unions to add to the coffers, as they do not operate under their intended charter, and are just badly regulated banks anymore.

There will always be trade offs/opposition for cutting but it shouldn't be a reason not to. If you don't it will just continue to grow like it is and taxes will have no choice but to increase to fund it.

Last edited by psudy; 04-26-2021 at 10:37 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-26-2021, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Put together a list off all the federally funded/subsidized 501c3s along with all the money we spend on foreign aid and I will take a look.
You could also start taxing credit unions to add to the coffers, as they do not operate under their intended charter, and are just badly regulated banks anymore.

There will always be trade offs/opposition for cutting but it shouldn't be a reason not to. If you don't it will just continue to grow like it is and taxes will have no choice but to increase to fund it.

Cut every dime of foreign aid and you get max 1% of the 20% you need.

Sure, I agree that there are trade offs. I'm saying you are emperor of the universe for a day and you have a red pen -- WHERE EXACTLY do you cut 20% of the budget from?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-26-2021, 11:25 AM Reply   
Its not as simple as that but the first thing I would cut would be the office of personal management. WTF is that? Health and human services is way to large.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-26-2021, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its not as simple as that but the first thing I would cut would be the office of personal management. WTF is that? Health and human services is way to large.
It's HR for the feds. I suspect that their budget is large because of employee benefits for the entire federal workforce (2M employees), plus fed pensions for older retirees (2.5M annuitants).

https://www.opm.gov/about-us/budget-...ion-fy2021.pdf

So HHS is "way to large". OK what do you cut? 52% is medicare; 34% is medicaid.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45138.pdf (pie chart at page 6). So do you take away healthcare from the poor or the elderly?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2021, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
This is why governments don't have citizen lead budgeting. I don't know what that is = cut it. No idea what it's for, no idea what the cost of not having it is, just cut it. No problem spending $700b on fighter jets used to drop bombs on civilians in far away lands tho.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2021, 6:54 PM Reply   
Also cracks me up now the righties are clutching their pearls about the budget now Biden is in. Trump cutting the tax take and running $3T budget deficits is fine tho.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-26-2021, 7:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Also cracks me up now the righties are clutching their pearls about the budget now Biden is in. Trump cutting the tax take and running $3T budget deficits is fine tho.
Shut up, sheep humper. Come back when you have something truthful, in its full context to say.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-26-2021, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's a nice soundbite. But explain actually HOW that would be done. All politicians campaign on the issue and are then slapped in the face with reality being much more complicated.

Which jobs and programs get cut specifically, to add up to approximately $800B per year? Account for the loss of tax revenue resulting from the lost jobs and lost spending (remember fed employees and fed contractors do end up paying taxes). I've lobbed you up an easy $225B in additional revenue from being better at enforcing the rules already on the books. Now slice out an additional $800M from the budget. That's about 20% across the board, assuming you'd be inclined to cut all general revenue funding of Social Security (most SS revenue comes from payroll tax).

Can't cut interest payments cuz they are what they are (but they would decline over time if we paid off debt and didn't borrow more).

But would you cut fed employee pensions and military pensions by 20%?

Would you cut old folks' medicare by 20%?

Would you cut our already shoddy highway spending by 20%?

Oh yeah... also remember that if these spending cuts adversely impact the general economy, then tax revenues fall, so you have to cut even more, and if those additional cuts adversely impact the general economy, then revenues fall even more and you have to cut a third time... and so on.
This is exactly how F'd up you F-tards on the left are. You get these BS ideas started like a foot in the door to "help the victims of fill in the blank BS cause" and then they become entitlements that sound cruel if you reduce or eliminate them. Eventually, the parasite (democrat programs) kills the host (America). Never in the history of this country have you parasites consumed the host at such a rapid pace. We are stage 4.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-26-2021, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
This is exactly how F'd up you F-tards on the left are. You get these BS ideas started like a foot in the door to "help the victims of fill in the blank BS cause" and then they become entitlements that sound cruel if you reduce or eliminate them. Eventually, the parasite (democrat programs) kills the host (America). Never in the history of this country have you parasites consumed the host at such a rapid pace. We are stage 4.

Well no Mark that’s the thing. People on social security and Medicare and SNAP vote for Devin Nunes and Kevin McCarthy and MTG too. It’s why there’s never a real effort to reign in spending… because real constituents rely on those programs.

But now that you’ve chimed in, what would you cut? You need to find $800B.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-27-2021, 3:02 AM Reply   
Raising the age for SS and Medicare would be a good start. Maybe a 10% haircut for the military. Stop all foreign aid to countries that hate us. Sure would like to have those pallets of cash back from Iran that Obama sent.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-27-2021, 3:26 AM Reply   
This is the type of ish that keeps happening around the country thanks to libtards’ false narrative of systemic racism, which is an absolute lie. This democrap should get 10 years, but is probably already out on the street again. Hopefully with a huge pop knot on his democrat head.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-detective-assaulted