Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-24-2012, 5:45 PM Reply   
Just have to share my stoke with this product! Last Sunday after 3 days in the water we chose to not wipe the boat off since we had a 7 hour drive and was planning on driving through storms. Finally today I got a chance to go and wipe the boat down and WOW. Boat Bling Hot Sauce is all I used to clean the boat. Well as you can see in the results the sauce is awesome and it's show room ready.
Name:  Boat Bling 1.jpg
Views: 2500
Size:  79.6 KB

Name:  Boat Bling 2.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  180.0 KB

Name:  Boat Bling 3.jpg
Views: 2258
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  Boat Bling 4.jpg
Views: 2249
Size:  105.1 KB

Name:  Boat Bling 5.jpg
Views: 2270
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  Boat Bling 6.jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  141.4 KB
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-24-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
I love me some hot sauce
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-24-2012, 7:50 PM Reply   
So that stuff took the lake scum off without bottom cleaner or scrubbing?
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-24-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Wow!! You even got the inside of the fenders? That's dedication! Those Powell water spots are some of the toughest in the country.

Great testimonial with before/after pics. We'll definitely add them to our gallery.

If there are any other Sauce users please post up your pics or email them to me directly.

zack@boatbling.net

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-24-2012, 9:33 PM Reply   
Todd ~ Just sauce and a shammy to rub down with! I have heard a lot about the product and decided to test it with the baked on water sports and yuck from Lake Powell. Straight spray to wipe and BOOM! Shizz is LEGIT!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2012, 5:07 AM Reply   
I have also had great success with Boat Bling products. The interior vinyl cleaner is the best I've ever used and the conditioner is the bomb too. It leaves the vinyl soft and smooth.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2012, 5:20 AM Reply   
Wow - talk about a directed thread!!!!!!

Since all the talk has been about boat candy - I'm not surprised to see this one
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-25-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
The interior sauce is like liquid magic on my bright white interior... Followed by conditioner and it's perfect.

Ya the candy thread did have some really good results but Boat Bling is for me. It's good to see all the companies coming out with products to keep our floating habits in tip top shape.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-25-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
^ So you tried Boat Candy and didn't like it?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-25-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
Lionel ~ Nope... No need to, Boat Bling does the job better then I expected. No need to even look at the candy, it helps having a boat shop right next to me that sells the sauce also.
Old     (clydesy)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-25-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
i had mould on my seats from being out in the weather over winter even though i had my cover on.
the vinyl sauce got rid of the mould with ease.
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-25-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Stuff looks good. I will be trying the sauce next season for sure.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesy View Post
i had mould on my seats from being out in the weather over winter even though i had my cover on.
the vinyl sauce got rid of the mould with ease.
Thanks for the before & after photos! I field this question re. Vinyl Sauce vs. interior mold on a daily basis and plan on using your pics for a testimonial. Thank You!!!

Tim and the rest of the Performance Boat Candy crew are great folks and run a stand up operation. We've even referred customers to them on occasion for their outstanding polish compounds for gelcoat restoration. We share a common belief that boaters should use whatever products they feel provide the best combination of quality, effectiveness, and value.

We've gained a number of new dealers throughout the country this year. Many of them due to referrals from wake sports enthusiasts like you! If you have a local dealer where you'd like to buy the Sauce please let me know and we'll reach out.

Boat Bling has the best customers we could ever ask for and for that we are incredibly thankful!

Zack Bale
zack@boatbling.net
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2012, 11:30 PM Reply   
I hate to rain on this lovefest... but I bought my first bottle of Hot Sauce this week thinking it would help remove some tough water spots from my week at Shasta Lake. My boat is as new and pristine as yours, Josh. But my experience with "the sauce" has not been nearly as magical as you describe. I've gone through about 1/3 of the bottle going over the boat twice with microfiber towes, and the stubborn spots are still there. Even though I was skeptical when I bought this stuff, I really wanted to believe it would work.

Bottom line, I'm sure Hot Sauce is great as a wipe down product after one day on the water before the spots are baked on... but not after a week. There are no magic solutions... You can't get ripped abs in 3 minutes a day, and you can't remove baked on water spots with a simple wipe down. I think I need a Porter Cable and some serious cleaner, then polish, then wax.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-26-2012, 5:54 AM Reply   
The only way that the products work as they should is if you do the "other" maintenance need to to keep the boat shinny.

We usually strip the wax and rewax twice a year. That involves spraying the hull with 50/50 vinegar and water and letting it sit for a few minutes. Wash the boat with some Dawn dish soap, dry and then wax with collinite 925.

I do this twice a year and use a spot roomer / wax added wipe down product and have no issues.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-26-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
^ collinite is the sh*t!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2012, 10:34 AM Reply   
DBC - Sorry it's not working for you... I pulled my MB from being on Lake Powell for three days on the 19th (no wipe down) and it sat in my driveway in 90 deg heat and full sun till 24th. The sauce worked better then I thought especially on my black hull. Thought for sure I was to break out the heavy tools but the Hot Sauce worked perfect! I'm even more pumped on the Vinyl Sauce and Conditioner. My boat has been uncovered since the 24th and I hope to hit it today and get the vinyl shinning with the sauce.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-26-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
After spending 9 days in Parker, AZ, I felt I should add my .02 as I've been really happy with the Hot Sauce Spot remover. 9 days, 8 of the over 100 degrees, 1 day of monsoon, and the boat got rained on, pulled it out of the water this morning and wiped it down with Hot Sauce, and the stuff is as great as they say
before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-26-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
Boat looks sharp!!!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-26-2012, 5:47 PM Reply   
in all fairness, I did wax the boat before I went, but as mentioned above, it was 9 days of pretty harsh conditions. The only thing used to wipe down the boat in the photos was Hot Sauce. My neighbor out there actually turned me onto the stuff as he has an Eliminator that is 6 years old and is Showroom new. He said that's all he used, and seeing his boat, I was sold. I will say I am not as impressed with the Boat Bling Wax, (sorry Zack), but as far as a water spot remover goes, I think the photos are proof. Vinyl Sauce works awesome as well, but it was hot under that AZ sun, and i really didn't feel like taking any more pictures as I was pretty hot at that point
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2012, 6:39 PM Reply   
Dave ~ YIKES that's a nice looking WS! Great results with the sauce!
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-26-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
Are you guys using this after you wash the boat or just spray on wipe off?
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-26-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Rance. Bosh told me to spray it on and just rub it off after you get out I water or back to house
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-26-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
Rance, my boat never left the water the water from the 17th until this morning. I didn't even yank it out during the rain as I had driven up to havasu and a storm came in while I was up there. I tend to get better results when the boat is dry. Just spray on, wait a few seconds, wipe off. Nothing else was used. Thanks on the compliments guys.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-26-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
Well crap... I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-27-2012, 3:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Did you read the directions?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-27-2012, 6:31 AM Reply   
Do you guys use wax and this stuff? Or does this replace wax? I used to use Collinite, but that stuff is a bear to work with...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-27-2012, 6:36 AM Reply   
I love the boat bling lineup. The vinyl sauce and conditioning sauce is a must to keep your interior looking new. I'm still working through the supply I bought last year. I've been extremely impressed.
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-27-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
Dont wanna Hi-jack this tread.....I will be posting a full write up as soon as I get time.
But have any of you guys Tried the "Performance Boat Candy" Line. For those of you who are not happy with Boat Bling, I would give this a try and look into the product.

I have to agree, I dont think there is such as magic in a bottle. I think that the overall 1-2 times a year of a very good cleaning, buffing, and waxing, makes these type products work much better and with great ease....

Look into Performance Boat Candy and look for a full write up from a very satisfied customer that has tried it all including boat bling in the past
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-27-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
There was already an extensive thread on boat candy, you should post the writeup in that thread
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-27-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
I'm too cheap for the boat bling but I've been very very happy with its generic cousin: http://www.pacificprodux.com/ZipMist...dv-214-15.html

Starting with a nice undercoat of wax it takes the bad stuff off quite well.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-27-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
DBC, sometimes I need to let it sit a few seconds or a minute before I wipe, but it does work. In fact, I've used it to clean my shower door in our bath room and it did better getting the hard water spots removed than CLR did. I was cleaning the boat and the thought "I wonder". Sure enough it did the trick. In fact it's time to clean the door again, I'll post a before and after of that tonight when I get home.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-27-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
I didn't have as good of luck with the Vinyl Sauce removing mold spots, but it could be that they've been there a long time (I just bought the boat, no idea how long it was stained for).
Old     (shags004)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-27-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
How does this stuff compare to Ducky? Same thing? http://www.premiumpowersports.com/Du...ner-p-239.html
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-27-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
I know everyone has different expierences with different products, and I used to use Ducky on my old boat, (which I bought new, so there was no blame on someone else not taking care of it) and I have had way better results with this product.
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-27-2012, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
none of the so called spot removers work without a good coat of wax existing.....

Good coat of wax and like magic all these products work well....
Old     (wakewoody)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-27-2012, 7:50 PM Reply   
I have tried everything under the sun, also. This is the best stuff I have tried ,and trust me, I have tried them all, including all my homemade mixtures. May not save a lot of money, but you will save a lot of time. That makes it worth it to me.