Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-05-2015, 12:29 PM Reply   
I saw the Malibu boat vids, but I was wondering if anyone seen any non-Malibu footage yet or one out in the wild? I know it is so new, but I see they are already arriving at the dealerships.

The wake looks G23 size and the surf wake is massive. Looking at pictures of them at the dealerships they look incredible too. The cabin picts are sick as well.
Old     (sja)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-05-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
no vid but just got off the lake with 2 friends who tested the LSV25 with full plug and play ballast. They told me the surf wake had a different shape than my 2013 G23 (with no additional ballast) but they thought there was no significant difference in the size and push of the wave. They commented it took a long time (8seconds by their estimate) for the wake to shift from side to side to do a transfer on the Malibu (vs about 2 to 3 seconds on my G and much faster (allegedly) on the new G). I was surprised at their assessment because they ride regular and on the G23 the surf wake is a lot better for us goofy riders. They also commented (not surprisingly) that the 450 engine they tested was not sufficient to push the LSV25 as it took a very long time (loaded) to get on plane for wake boarding. They commented that this version of the malibu seemed to have impressive fit and finish and was a real step up from older versions, but still a tad under the G and they thought that the price was getting to the G series range so they would prefer a G if they were spending that kind of money for a new boat. I think the profile of the Malibus are much better looking than the G series. Malibus are great looking boats. They seem to look great in any color. I picked my color out based on the fact that I think the G only looks good in "slimming" black.