Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-06-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
I ordered some boat bling "hot sauce", "vinyl sauce", and "condition sauce" about a week ago and did not get a confirmation email or anything. I also emailed a question to them a week ago and have not had any response. I called them today and got a message telling me to "send my fax now". Are these guys still in business? Should I go ahead an order some Babes or 303 and forget these guys?

for reference:
http://boatbling.net/products.php
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-06-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Yes they are still in business, but you can only order through an authorized dealer... A place in so cal called the Anchor carries it and will order your whatever you want.. Have you tried calling Pat directly?
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-06-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
I tried calling the 800 number on the boatbling.net web page. I also ordered directly from them their web page. Is there a different phone number to call?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-06-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
I just got some stuff recently and everything went fine. I hope they aren't going out of business they make awesome products.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-06-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
I just heard from Patrick yesterday. They are definitely still in business.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-06-2010, 10:17 PM Reply   
Probably just the busy season. Patrick is good people!
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-07-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
I sent Patrick an email directly and he responded right away. My order is on the way!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-08-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
I left a message and he called back the following evening. Unfortunately I missed him. I was trying to figure out how it cost $29 to ship from Arizona to Utah a small bottle of boat bling. He said the website is having a glitch and to call.

But I called many times before I actually left a message and I got the stupid fax message as well.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-08-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
I thought shipping was really high too until I looked at the FAQ section of their web site.

http://boatbling.net/faq.php

From the FAQ section:
"Shipping seems high---what methods do you ship?
First off, shipping on the website is just an estimate. We ship up to 4 quarts anywhere in the US for just $12.95. One quart or Four is the same price. Your shipping will be adjusted prior to billing. Any orders larger than 4 quarts are now shipped FedEX Ground with tracking numbers and insurance. These are packaged in heavy duty 3/16" boxes and secured for your protection. Boat Bling aims to ship all orders within 24 hours. Any questions, please contact us. We don't want shipping to affect your decision to buy our products-its worth the money- GUARANTEED"

I don't know why they don't fix this or at least put that explanation on the checkout page.

Last edited by tre; 07-08-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old     (HotSauce1)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-09-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
Hello everyone. My name is Patrick and I am the owner of Boat Bling. I greatly appreciate all of the great words and support for our product.

Shipping - we are not attempting to make any money on shipping - its never been our goal. Recently, we did upgrade some software on our site which has caused some shipping calculation issues. We have been working through them and almost have them all solved. We ship daily and use 200lb certified boxes and pack everything heavy to ensure your order reaches you in a timely and safe manor. Shipping should cost around $14-$24 between 1 to 4 quarts (depending on your location) and about $20-$24 for a gallon depending on your location. Our larger bulk packages are around $30-$35 to ship (approximately 50lb or so) which is offset by the bulk savings of the product. We now ship exclusively through FedEX Ground only because of the great track record we have with them...we have approximately 1 claim for every 150 orders that go out. Unfortunately...you get what you pay for and when we offered the Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping for $12.95, the tracking of the package is poor and the damage rate was high. We understand that you purchase our premium products with the expectations of receiving them quickly so you can clean your boat and enjoy your next trip.

Also, we are growing our dealer network everyday. If you have a local dealer that you want to sell our product please have them contact me or email me the dealer's name and I will personally contact them. We are now in select Cabelas' locations as well. Feel free to enter your zip code on our website to find your local dealer.

I was not aware that the 'contact us' section on the website was not working properly - that is also being looked at immediately, as well our 800 # asking for your fax. I apologize for those issues and we'll get them resolved ASAP. If you have any questions or concerns - please feel free to contact me anytime at patrick@boatbling.net and I will return your email promptly.

We are very busy and that's a great thing, but our business has always been based on customer service and phenomial products. We will never compromise any of these and no excuses will ever be given. If we don't meet your expectations on either of these, I want to know.

talltigeguy...great speaking with you yesterday as well. Your order is on the way!

I want to personally 'Thank each of YOU!" for making our business such a success. We continue to grow everyday and greatly appreciate your support, loyalty and referrals.

Thanks again and Happy Boating.
Patrick

PS...a little bit about me....its great to be a part of such a great wakeboat community. I began wakeboarding the early 90s when it first started...had the first board with 'boots' and then the first twin tip boards...yet still just continued to try flips and hurt myself. I had the opportunity to attempt and learn new stuff with the Bill McCaffrey and Shawn Murray back in the early 90s - needless to say, they landed everything that I didn't I've been around this sport and boating since the beginning and have an amazing respect and passion for it all. I boat locally in Phoenix almost every weekend at Bartlett Lake, so if you see a Boat Bling boat, feel free to come by and say hi. You can find me at Lake Havasu a few times a year along with our favorite lake...Lake Powell.

We've had a Malibu boat since 1995 and absolutely love it. Now, I also have a DCB mach 26...I seem to be injured much less these days. I love talking boats and cleaning so contact me anytime with questions.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-09-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
I think I got my spot problem solved between the time I left a message and the time he called me back. I missed him the first time and he left a message....when he called the second time, I had to buy some of the hot sauce to try it out. That sort of service is not common. I will be sure to give an honest review here later on the product, but the service cannot be beat.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Now he needs to call me back. Money is burning a hole... or the wife will spend it first... his choice.
Old     (ponagator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-19-2010, 5:05 AM Reply   
Hi Guys, We just became a dealer dealer for Boat Bling products. The products are awesome. Feel free order from our store. http://www.ponagatormarine.com/ Feel free to give us a call if you need anything, 904-469-6389.
Thanks
Rusty Gardner
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
I just bought 2 qts equal to $34 and shipping was $23! I don't get that.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-27-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
I have never gotten my boat bling and it has been over 2 weeks now.

The phone number still asks to leave a fax and beeps at you so I cannot leave a message.

I used the 'contact us' on the website and have not heard back. I did this at 8 am yesterday morning, so it has been 2 business days now.

I checked my credit card and it was charged on July 12 for $29 for 1 quart of hot sauce.

Patrick, I hope you are still out there. I am worried that you are growing so fast that you might implode due to this kind of customer service.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
I got mine within 4 days talltigeguy, I hope that you're able to get in contact with him or your product arrives. (still not happy about paying 75% of my total product cost for shipping). I'll use this stuff this weekend ad check in with my findings...
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2010, 10:55 PM Reply   
I received a bottle of Hot Sauce at an event I attended a month or so ago. I pulled it out the other night to wipe the Vride down & the trigger on the spray bottle is basically locked up. I haven't figured out how to unlock it, and it doesn't squirt or spray no matter how I twist the nozzle. Usually this isn't rocket science & I don't have an issue working a spray bottle. But for whatever reason I haven't been able to pull this one off.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-28-2010, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
I received a bottle of Hot Sauce at an event I attended a month or so ago. I pulled it out the other night to wipe the Vride down & the trigger on the spray bottle is basically locked up. I haven't figured out how to unlock it, and it doesn't squirt or spray no matter how I twist the nozzle. Usually this isn't rocket science & I don't have an issue working a spray bottle. But for whatever reason I haven't been able to pull this one off.
Pour it into a new spray bottle, and give it a try. I love the stuff!!!
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-28-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
I have to say the "hot sauce" is the best product I've ever used (and I've tried them all). I am a detail guy with my porter cable and all the fancy products (Menzerna, Klasse, Zanio, etc). I've tried averything to get water spots off my boat and have never found anything that works very well (or at all). The hot sauce is amazing. I am still amazed. Spray on, wipe off and the spots were gone. No Porter Cable, no rubbing, just a wipe with a microfiber towel and it was gone. I've never seen anything like it. It is well worth the $$ and I will continue to buy more.
Old     (jonnymatrix5)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-28-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
I just got my hot sauce last week. Detailed my boat over the weekend, there were some pretty stubborn water spots on my boat but overall this stuff works pretty great! Wiping down the boat after the lake with it is great!
Old     (norcalwake)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-28-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Does boat bling work better than babes?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-29-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
Mike, I will be letting you know very quickly. My Boat Bling Hot Sauce is on its way. Frankly put, the Babe's has not done the trick...or at least the people I have doing the outside of my boat have not done the trick with Babe's. I usually clean the interior while letting my friends do the outisde. I do know that when I bring my wife, the outside looks better than when my buddies do it...Hmmm.

I recommend that you contact patrict at Patrick@boatbling.net like he referenced above if you need to contact them. I got an immediate response and he apologized for the problem and stated he would get right on it sending me some hot sauce.