Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2018, 11:10 AM Reply   
If you could just get a SC majority that doesn't ignore the parts of the 2nd they don't like you wouldn't need another amendment. Maybe we could get a SC that ignores the part about not being infringed and only cares about the well regulated part. Wouldn't that be sweet! LOL.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-01-2018, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
If you could just get a SC majority that doesn't ignore the parts of the 2nd they don't like you wouldn't need another amendment. Maybe we could get a SC that ignores the part about not being infringed and only cares about the well regulated part. Wouldn't that be sweet! LOL.
So you care more about keeping your guns, than kids getting shot up in schools.
This is an honest question, do you feel that your right to bear arms outweighs the danger it poses to the kids at school?

Oh and on a personal note, talking about kids being killed is not something you should
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
LOL.
unless you want everyone else to think you're a _______________
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2018, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Pretty sure you didn't get what I was saying.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-01-2018, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
This is an honest question, do you feel that your right to bear arms outweighs the danger it poses to the kids at school?

Oh and on a personal note, talking about kids being killed is not something you should
unless you want everyone else to think you're a _______________
Absolutely. "Its for the children". B.S.. Do you spend your weekends trying to shut down abortion clinics? What about all the kids that die from drugs, what are you doing about that? Teen car accidents?

I'm simply saying, taking guns away will NOT make kids any safer, and in fact, will make mine LESS safe. I WON'T be able to protect them either at home or out on the town without a firearm.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-01-2018, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post

I'm simply saying, taking guns away will NOT make kids any safer, and in fact, will make mine LESS safe. I WON'T be able to protect them either at home or out on the town without a firearm.
So your saying that you wouldn't pass a screening. So do you have a history of violent behavior or mental issues?

How much gun protecting have your children historically needed? Get into a lot of fights and need to pull your piece on a regular basis?
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-01-2018, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
So your saying that you wouldn't pass a screening. So do you have a history of violent behavior or mental issues?

How much gun protecting have your children historically needed? Get into a lot of fights and need to pull your piece on a regular basis?
I would pass a screening, and I did to get my CCW in the firdt place.

I carry daily and have never needed it. Just like my car and house insurance, spare tire, and fire extinguisher.

Are you saying I shouldn't be allowed to protect my family because you don't protect yours?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-01-2018, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
I would pass a screening, and I did to get my CCW in the firdt place.

I carry daily and have never needed it. Just like my car and house insurance, spare tire, and fire extinguisher.

Are you saying I shouldn't be allowed to protect my family because you don't protect yours?
If you look at the research and you were truly interested in "protecting your family", you'd get the guns out of your house immediately.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-01-2018, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
If you look at the research and you were truly interested in "protecting your family", you'd get the guns out of your house immediately.
Hahaha. My guns are all locked up when in the house, kids don't have the key or know where it is, and they are 15 and 17.

I have a much higher risk of someone in Atlanta I don't know intending harm than my family, regardless of that the statistics say.

Can you please post your address? I need some new boating gear and it sounds like a good place to get some.

Last edited by Smoothie; 03-01-2018 at 5:53 PM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-02-2018, 12:38 PM Reply   
If you torture a data set long enough, it will confess to anything.

So 100 kids find a gun and shoot themselves in the head. You're saying we should all empty our safes and turn over our weapons to some higher power trusting they have our interests in mind.

Do I have this right????