Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mxvet)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-01-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
I currently have 2013 B52 23' listed heavy and producing a great wave. Considering putting go surf assist on it simply for the fact of switching sides more quickly. We have a decent mix of riding sides. Not interested in doing transfers.

While I know of one guy that has done this, I cannot tell for sure what the wave looks like from his footage enough to convince me to put the kit on. I would fill both #1100 bags in the locker and with the MB i can fine tune the weight from side to side using the gravity hard tanks while underway. At least that is my thinking.

I also heard a rumor that MB is going with the go-surf assist tabs for 2016 boats.

Anyone with experience?
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-01-2015, 12:37 PM Reply   
researched this myself, since I don't even have a surf tab on my 2013 Tomcat. I honestly think you could buy this yourself for a lot cheaper and install yourself. Just a thought.
Old     (mxvet)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-01-2015, 12:44 PM Reply   
Yes, it will be DIY for sure. I already have it ready to go on. Just looking for more input.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-01-2015, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxvet View Post
I currently have 2013 B52 23' listed heavy and producing a great wave. Considering putting go surf assist on it simply for the fact of switching sides more quickly. We have a decent mix of riding sides. Not interested in doing transfers.

While I know of one guy that has done this, I cannot tell for sure what the wave looks like from his footage enough to convince me to put the kit on. I would fill both #1100 bags in the locker and with the MB i can fine tune the weight from side to side using the gravity hard tanks while underway. At least that is my thinking.

I also heard a rumor that MB is going with the go-surf assist tabs for 2016 boats.

Anyone with experience?
^^ This is true , and thats all I got to say about that

Malibu Law Suit Pending of course...LOL
Old     (portbigcity)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-08-2015, 8:37 AM Reply   
If you go to Gosurf Assist website you can see video of a couple of MB Sport with GSA. Ryan has said that the wave behind an MB with his tabs is impressive. At the end of the day it is still about weight and displacement. I have a 2010 X15 with GSA tabs and they are great. But I have to have the weight to get the push especially on the starboard side. The good thing about the MB is with its high free board it is able to handle the extra weight and there are places to hide it. My boat is more challenging as I do not have as much room to store weight. I have been very happy with the GSA tabs. Has turned my boat into a surf boat.
Old     (portbigcity)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-08-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
I would also suggest calling ryan and speaking to him directly. He is a nice guy and loves to surf and talk about surfing. I ended up driving my boat to him and had him install the system. System is very easy to use and the wake changes dramatically from lowest setting (skim) to highest setting (vert).