Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2017, 6:06 PM Reply   
Well I have three batteries and have be running this set up for over a year without issues. I charge after every outting with a pro marine charger. I always run my perko on 1+2 unless I'm floating and lisening to music.

While wake surfing for a decent amount of time and bumping music. I turned the boat off to switch riders and it wouldn't start. The radio was still play and perfect pass was on but it would even turn over. So I borrow a jump box and it jumped right off. I thaught I just killed all the batteries while going so slow surfing.

So next trip I have all the batteries charged and put the boat in the water. It's dead and won't even bump. But radio and perfect pass come on.(I wouldn't think these things would turn on if the batteries are completely flat and I didn't think about it at the time). This time I have the jumper box with and we jump it off and ride a quick set without turning the radio on or turning the boat off.

I get home and go over the batteries and they all show around 12.8 but one the the stereo batteries has a lose cable. So I think that's it and charge the batteries again.

Third time I unplug the charger at home put the batteries on 1+2 in the driveway and bump the key. It sounds like it's going to fire right up. So we pack up and drive an hour to the lake. We load the in-laws in the boat which take 15 mins for them to get all there stuff. They have a place right by a ramp so my wife is play music while we get them in the boat on the trailer still. I pull around to the ramp and the boat is dead. It won't even bump the engine or fire the starter. I hook up the jump box and nothing no matter what setting on the perko I use. It won't start or even try to turn over with a fully charged jump box. I'm pissed

I bring the boat home and don't mess with it for five days, I'm over it. I don't even plug it up to the charger. I go out tonight to mess with it. All batteries show around 12.8 music play and if I hit the key it bumps over like it going to fire right up.

It was in neutral and the kill switch wasn't messed with ever time.

Sorry for the long post but I'm lost.