Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       06-04-2017, 10:18 PM Reply   
If you missed it...check it out! I remember Daniel Watkins trying these many years ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU5Qjm-hTG7/
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-05-2017, 4:03 AM Reply   
Could be a trick of the year, as of right now.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2017, 5:50 AM Reply   
Awesome!!!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-05-2017, 6:08 AM Reply   
insane
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-05-2017, 6:42 AM Reply   
This is trick of the year, unless Dirty Mike hits us with another banger.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       06-05-2017, 8:30 AM Reply   
Damn!
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-05-2017, 1:35 PM Reply   
Dowdy and Harley keeping wakeboarding moving forward. AWESOME!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2017, 1:43 PM Reply   
I'm a huge Dowdy fan. He wants to be the best and he puts it all on the line to get there. I have a lot of respect for him. I remember sitting in the boat at SpringRide years ago watching him get worked trying to get a double on film. He's a tough dude.

I feel like Dowdy, Cory, and Harley are the top three guys right now for progression and pushing Wakeboarding. The Masters competition had the best contest passes ever. These guys are multiple doubles, 10s, crow 7s..... All three of them want to win and their commitment is noticeable. Iocconi is another guy working hard to keep his top spot. You know things have gone next level when Harley lands a double and a crow 7 and still gets second.

I would like to see Cory get more recognition. He's the top contest rider and an amazing free rider as well. I'd like to see him get more video play.

Last edited by jarrod; 06-05-2017 at 1:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-06-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I'm a huge Dowdy fan. He wants to be the best and he puts it all on the line to get there. I have a lot of respect for him. I remember sitting in the boat at SpringRide years ago watching him get worked trying to get a double on film. He's a tough dude.

I feel like Dowdy, Cory, and Harley are the top three guys right now for progression and pushing Wakeboarding. The Masters competition had the best contest passes ever. These guys are multiple doubles, 10s, crow 7s..... All three of them want to win and their commitment is noticeable. Iocconi is another guy working hard to keep his top spot. You know things have gone next level when Harley lands a double and a crow 7 and still gets second.

I would like to see Cory get more recognition. He's the top contest rider and an amazing free rider as well. I'd like to see him get more video play.
Pretty well said here. Nic Rapa burst on the scene last year as well...
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-06-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
I have watched nearly 100 times now. How is this real life?!?!
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-06-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
C.I.E completely agree. I think Dowdy and Harley are tied for 1st with Cory right behind in 2nd. I feel like Tony Iaconni could land some doubles (he did yesterday double backroll and doubleHalf Cab) however I feel he should take doubles in a different direction to make himself stand out more. Maybe bring back the speedball or a variation of it as he is sooo good a front flip tricks. He also has a mute crow mobe..maybe he could try a mute double crow?!... It would be nice to see some different doubles behind the boat thou as everyone seems to have the stock 3 to 4...
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-07-2017, 10:03 AM Reply   
Came back to rewatch the trick. The work with the line tension and landing with the handle behind his back is incredible.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2017, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopington View Post
C.I.E completely agree. I think Dowdy and Harley are tied for 1st with Cory right behind in 2nd. I feel like Tony Iaconni could land some doubles (he did yesterday double backroll and doubleHalf Cab) however I feel he should take doubles in a different direction to make himself stand out more. Maybe bring back the speedball or a variation of it as he is sooo good a front flip tricks. He also has a mute crow mobe..maybe he could try a mute double crow?!... It would be nice to see some different doubles behind the boat thou as everyone seems to have the stock 3 to 4...
Agreed. Tony just landed his first double in the last month, and then learned the second double last week I think. I'm happy to see him working hard to stay in the running. I also agree he should path the way on something new. He has the skills to do anything he wants. But the point is, I think most riders would rather not risk health and stay a top 10 or 20 rider, than risk blowing out knees to learn the tricks to be a top 5 like Cory, Mike, Harley, Tony, and Rapa.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-12-2017, 5:28 PM Reply   
Look back at Toni's instagram a few post. He was trying a new mobe double
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-13-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
Wake me up when someone attempts a double front.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2017, 12:16 PM Reply   
Double front? Little history for you...

https://youtu.be/LcdHt36DRxk
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-15-2017, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post

Fell because he stomped it so hard!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-16-2017, 5:36 AM Reply   
Think this is a nice place to post this...unreal

Games of WAKE - Mike Dowdy vs. Cory Teunissen by WakeboardingMag
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       06-16-2017, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
Think this is a nice place to post this...unreal
That game of wake has got to be one of the best of all time! such crazy level of tricks, thanks for bringing it back!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-16-2017, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Shapiro was doing double fronts 15 years ago and no one has done one since.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-16-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZI6OytrIg