Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-12-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
Ok, so I'm rather angry but I'm gonna let you guys decide if this is fairplay or not...

The company I work for (I'll let it be nameless so as not to turn this into some kind of advert) just launched a new website which sells boat accessories.

All areas can have comments left by customers. Our underwater lighting section just received the following comment:
"Checkout Bullet Lines LEDs: They are a true wakeboard company that manufacturers undewaterboat lights and they will outperform OceanLED products"

Now I'm not saying its impossible to think it was someone else, but I'd wonder why anyone else would sign off with:
KLand@BulletLines.com
www.bulletlines.com

Now, I get that everyone wants to market but this just seems plain dumb.

Obviously it never even made daylight but after reading all the rant son here regarding the guy I can finally see why people dislike him.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-12-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
Awesome, thanks for the link. I need to order some underwater lights.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-12-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
Yeah, that sounds about like something that would happen.

some people will do anything for a buck.
which includes being a P.O.S.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-12-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
SO instead you are advertising for him here. At least name your website, since you obviously named his. I appreciate the integrity you demonstrate.

I agree, I have seen him display a few bad posts.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-12-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
www.oceanled.com ?????? i would guess this is it... Being he said...

"Checkout Bullet Lines LEDs: They are a true wakeboard company that manufacturers undewaterboat lights and they will outperform OceanLED products"}
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
OK so just a suggestion but before we slam Ken here for supposed bad taste have you tried to contact Ken and ask him if he actually did it Brit? I'm not trying to stir the pot but it is that time of season for this stuff to start up again as usual and i don't see any proof.

I'll say this, it wouldn't be the first time someone other than the accused has done this in someone else name. Anyone can leave a comment and we all know that right or wrong some people have issues with Ken.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-12-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
I have his IP address so I guess its pretty straight forward to check. Our system logs pretty much everything so if we needed to we'd prove it fairly easily.

The company is Wakeboard Towers UK (www.wakeboardtowers.co.uk)

Again, I probably shouldn't be posting this, it just really annoyed me, to think he'd bother to try and slate another company so directly seems pretty short-sighted IMO.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
Sorry but short sighted is also the way you just went about this, especially since it's here-say. And you're right, you shouldn't be posting this here, or anywhere for that matter. It's between you and Ken if it's the case at all and all it does here is stir up bad vibes here once again and display bad taste imo. A novel way to advertise around the rules btw.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-12-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
Razzman - I'm in the UK so unless you want to pay well over the odds then it'd be pointless to buy a thing from me (We sell mostly American product so you'd be paying to ship it back to you plus European taxes). I don't think I've ever knowingly advertised on here, nor do I mean to.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-12-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
I don't see the problem with posting her issue here.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-12-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Nothing wrong with the post. What you described is what I would expect from someone like Ken.
He's up to some new tricks I see.

Way to go Ken, dig'n a deeper ditch for yourself....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-12-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Razzman---if the same thing happened to you, you'd do the same thing. And how is she advertising, she didn't even want to give the website? Quit sucking up to Ken unless you are wanting to take him out on a date or something.

Brit you have every right to be upset and to post that here.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
Brit is a dude.
Old    murrayair            11-12-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
That's a very jerky move by Bullet. I bought a couple of ropes and handles from them a few years ago and had some issues with the products and customer service. This doesn't surprise me.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
Hey great Jeremy, that's showing the ol' mentality level. I wasn't defending Ken tool, i was simply defending the principle which has obviously escaped everyone else so far and trying to avoid exactly what's happening now. And no i wouldn't and haven't aired crap like this on any forum, because for one business people don't air this kind of stuff publicly. And yes i've been in the position to do so.

So let me guess, nobody sees an issue with calling out someone with no proof in evidence other than somebody's word? Whether it be Ken or somebody else it's still wrong and your still buying into the pack mentality just because a few select people have issues with him.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-12-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
Why create such a story?

How in one way did it benefit Brit?

You are obviously fresh with Ken and you feel it's proper to take up for him. I think if someone is pulling a dick move, then it should be aired publicly, whether its airing it on Wakeworld, BBB, whatever.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
I can see i've gone over your head on this subject Jeremy, oh well i shouldn't expect so much i guess. And for the record i've never done biz with Ken and have no clue what your referring to.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-12-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
"i was simply defending the principle which has obviously escaped everyone else so far and trying to avoid exactly what's happening now" So your supposed to let that slide? "IF" he did , That's a douche bag move & should be raked across the coals in front of every potential customer on here. Sooner or later people will start standing up for what is right or this country will keep getting worse.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-12-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
Ken is a piece of work. As classless as the come.

He sent me an email asking about my connection to Arc Audio Amps. I guess he was going to copy those too.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-12-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Put it into perspective, its simply bad business ethics. Say it was a microsoft website and a apple employee was to go onto it and do the same thing....somehow I think there would implications. Then we get into the war over internet advertisement rules and laws and what you can and cannot do on a site. If he has to do things like that to get business then his business will not last for very long. Delete the comment keep your head up and make a solid business where ppl recommend you. Whenever I buy things that i dont know to much about, i always come online and check reviews, exactly why i joined this site to learn about boats and im sure alot of ppl do the same. He obviously has rubbed some ppl the wrong way, when someone wants to purchase a product he sells and ppl ask for recommendations i doubt he will get there business. Take solace in the fact that your business does not operate this way.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-12-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
I was just made aware of this post. To clear things up: we hired a social media marketing firm, and I believe they left that comment: I will not know for sure until tomorrow, but Underwater LEDs is one of the terms they are suppose to be working on. Bullet Lines does not spam, nor support spam.

Murphy,

You are a complete liar: the only thing I ever contacted you about is the Arc Audio amp you had for sale: I wanted to purchase it. I believe I sent it as a PM, so you can probably look it up yourself. Actually, I respected you until this post: classless yourself if you lied on purpose here.

Ken
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-12-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
so you got spammed on the internet and you think this is breaking news?
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-12-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
You go Razzman see you back on the other side.
Tazz
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2009, 10:29 PM Reply   
looks like I wont be replacing my main line with another bullet line.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-12-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
Hi Ken! I didn't post on here or say anything arn't you proud of me!
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-13-2009, 2:34 AM Reply   
I don't see the difference with Brit airing out his/her problems here. What is so much different than saying "I really hated (insert dealer) for the way they handled (insert problem)." That seems like a common post around here.

Oh well. Ken had an interesting response though. I would love to see how Ken handles this as someone hired to do social media stuff is doing it the wrong way on behalf of his business.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2009, 3:32 AM Reply   
Ken...you crack me up.

I think my creditbility on this forum is much better than yours. Think what you want as what you say doesn't not offend me.

Your actions have consistently backed up what type of businessman you really are.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-13-2009, 3:34 AM Reply   
All I'd add to this is if it Ken could ask his Social Media company to shoot us an email and apologize I will call it a mere misunderstanding and hope that Ken better chooses whom he works with in future.

Seems like an easy thing to request and I'm sure they'll be keen to undo any wrong doing if they are a stand up company.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-13-2009, 4:41 AM Reply   
Good move Mike. It takes the bigger man to apologize.
Old                11-13-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
I guess I owe Ken an apology.

He is right, he only asked if it was still for sale. I still don't agree with some of his business practices, but he is right, my statement was inaccruate.

Sorry Ken, my apologies.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-13-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
^^^^WOW.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-13-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Wait...so a social media marketing company was hired by bulletlines in order to spam other sites??

Oh yea...that makes it all better. ??
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-13-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
i hired some dude to kill my wife...im off the hook
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-13-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
What IS a social network marketing company other than hired spam? spam over facebook is no different.. Too bad you guys didn't just email each other tho :-)
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
So here is what happened. We hired the social media company to promote and handle our social media efforts online: nearly every brand name company you can think of does social media advertising now, and it is either outsourced or someone is required to do it in house as their job description. Now when Bullet Lines does it all the sudden we are scum of the Internet? Truly makes no sense. Granted I believe automated submission platforms are spam, and what happened on Brits website is spam, but this is not what we hired the company to do, and what happened here is a simple mistake. The comment as Brit said is manually approved, and he did not approve it, so again as said the comment never saw light of day.

What we purchased was manual human submission for related social media, and apparently we were put on this companies' cheap automated system by accident. So the question truly is: why would this automated social media system end up leaving a comment on Brit's website? Well Brit's website is actualy a WordPress Blog cleverly disguised as an ecommerce site: funny thing is that this type of website is a form of spam in of it's self. I do not want to get into why, but for those of you that know what blog websites do, you know I'm right.

Brit,

I'm sorry about the comment left on your website: it was not intentional. I can understand your frustration, but I truly feel this thread was unnecessary: it could have been handled by a simple email. BTW - if the spam comment posted to your NEW website got you this upset, I would highly recommend moving away from the blog platform of your website, as your website is about to receive an unreal tidal wave of spam.

Murphy,

Thank you very much for the correction: I truly appreciate it.

Ken
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-13-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
It doesn’t matter, the only good thing about him adding his website is that it will improve both websites page displacement, why don’t you exchange links? Have you ever noticed Google ad words in websites, the website owner doesn’t get paid for that, but yet they have websites that are like their own and the user can click on their site as well, they used to be on wake world.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-13-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
"...as your website is about to receive an unreal tidal wave of spam. "

sounds like a threat to me
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-13-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Ken,

I appreciate your apology - Thank you.

May as well get this thread nuked now.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-13-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Nick why is it that you feel the need to provoke situations like this. You have added nothing to the content of this thread, yet you have posted here 3 times.
I guess I don't understand the need to try to make yourself look like a badass, at the expense of others.
To each his own, I suppose.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-13-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
class has been slow this week, and so have these boards.... addicting games only lasts so long.

Thats my defense
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-13-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
ugh...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-14-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
...and Newty your contribution to this thread is?
Sounds like your just trying to be a bigger badass than Nick.
BTW I love Spam, its great on crackers.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-14-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
Sorry, I'm not falling for the Jedi Mind Trick.

"They are a true wakeboard company..." Insinuates that another company is not. And, "They will outperform OceanLED products" is very targeted.

So, we're expected to believe that this 'social media marketing firm' was given the latitude to script these statements for themselves?

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-14-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Billy spam is excellent fried too .
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-14-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
Good point David. Ken, perhaps you should take notice of how David conducts himself on this site. He is always helpful, informative and polite. I apprecite Davids efforts and intend to make my next amp and inline charger from David. I cant say i will be visiting your site anytime in the near future. Best of luck with you "unique" business strategy.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-14-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Billy I'm not trying to contribute anything. I just get sick of the mindless one liners, and the provoking just to stir up crap. I don't see the point.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-14-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
The point is, that usually once every month or two Ken does something "Shady" and there is a big hoopla about it.

Other people go about running their business as with integrity... why can he not do the same?!
( I get business is ruthless but there is a certain line from being a good business man to being Enron)

The most amazing thing is people still have his back after numerous acts of ethical B.S.... for what its worth I will NEVER buy from bulletlines, I would rather pay more than support that type in business.

... and usually writing something that takes more than 15 secs goes un-read and taken less seriously than if I would just point fingers and call names.

-Badass out.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-14-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
Wow David!!!!! You continue to bash Bullet Lines publicly stating we are unethical yet your company continues to order from us as a dealer? I'm confused. Seems you're the one "turning a blind eye" in order to "save the almighty buck."

Ken

(Message edited by bulletlines on November 14, 2009)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
I wanted to post in this thread but after being locked up and forced by Ken Land to do $50 gell coat repair's for a week straight I will never say a bad thing about him. I have what is refferd to as Stockholm syndrome a phenomenon in which a hostage begins to identify with and grow sympathetic to his or her captor.
Upload
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-14-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
LOL, That's so wrong!
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-14-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
I got spam today i am very sad! Should i get a lawyer?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-16-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Ken, so Odin bought a few collars in a moment of need and you quoted a comment out of context.

Nice distraction but the question of who writes the scripts still remains unanswered.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-16-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
G since the economy has only gone down hill I was thinking of taking you captive and whoring your gell coat repair out for 1/2 price.

Keep an eye out, I'm a come'n for ya!

Dave I feel for ya, Ken's stories are always a bit overboard. So what, you needed some clamps and he had them in stock.. god know's we've all been in a pickle before and needed to fall back on a last resort.

Ken for most of us you are only seen as a last resort, don't make it more then it is.