Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       11-07-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
I have an old wave runner (sorry guys) with a ton of water spots on it. I have tried almost everything recommended in this forum. Bon-Ami seems to be very recommended here for water spots and I will tell you that Bon-Ami did nothing. Vinegar - nothing.

While we are at it - what do you guys do to keep water spots off your boats? My new boats has a charcoal colored hull and deck which is going to show every water spot.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-07-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
half CLR - half water - soft sponge... wax when done...

Or burn the wave runner and take pics/post!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-07-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
CLR = Calcium Lime Rust BTW...
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-07-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
Acetone. Be careful around the stickers.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       11-07-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
Tried CLR already (at full strength)- no dice.

I will try Acetone next. Any other suggestions?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
WOW I have never seen CLR not take off water spots

I have also used this product with great sucess
http://www.glwholesale.com/the-works-rust-lime-calcium/P/7415703332

(Message edited by krbaugh on November 08, 2009)
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-09-2009, 4:55 AM Reply   
If CLR isn't taking your water spots off your next stop is a wet sand... Sorry to break the news to you...

Remove your decals, order new ones - wet sand, polish, clean and install new decals and then wax... (or sink the jet ski and collect insurance!)
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-09-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
Before you get drastic and wet sand try a buffer and a very mild cutting compound then buff wax. I've had to do that a few times and it works well.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Full strength vinegar and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser worked great on my boat that had some stubborn spots up under the rub rail. Full strength vinegar and a rag by itself wouldn't take them off, the Magic Eraser did the trick.

Also, just an idea, try half CLR and half vinegar. I did this to my shower heads the other day and it got them looking completely new. CLR wouldn't do this by itself in the past. I'm not sure if mixing them is a good idea or not, but it didn't explode or smoke or anything....
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-10-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the being the guinea pig on that one Charlie! I'm going to have to try that on some faucets at home since CLR by itself hasn't worked. Let me know if you begin to feel any side effects in the next day or two:-)
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-10-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
LOL ...I did it about a week ago. Feel fine!

I pulled the heads and soaked them for a bit, them scrubbed them a little with a scrub brush. Worked great. I don't know if just holding a container up to the head for a quick dunk would do the trick.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-10-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
I have a black boat and the spots were so bad on the back nothing worked then my wife handed me some "Lime Away" with a sponge and with a little rub no more spots. I had a spray bottle full of water to flush and rinse off the area and towel dried as I went. Followed with 2 coats of wax and I can see my reflection again.