Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-10-2008, 11:30 PM Reply   
Hey guys...it's time for me to get some new bindings. I have a pair of 07 CWB vapors and they're starting to piss me off. They're a size too big and I keep having to get the rubber heel piece replaced because it keeps ripping. I want to stick with the hinge tech stuff cause it's SOOOO nice. I also want to get 07 stuff because it's way cheaper (can get either of these bindings under $200). What are your guys' thoughts on the 07 zues or faction. I heard that the zues is pretty stiff, and I'm not sure I'm totally into that. Anyone have any problems with either of these bindings? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-11-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
I have both. I rode the 07 Factions all last year and jumped on the Boarder's Best Buy deal when they had the 07 Zeus for cheap. Honestly, the difference between the two is minimal. When you put the two side by side the Zeus are about 1/4 inch higher. The overlays are pretty much the same with the same number of eyelets (if you switch the Zeus 07 overlay to the regular overlay without the recoil thing). Finally, they both fit about the same.

If you get the Factions make sure they have the stiffening plate for the rear overlay. It's a thin plastic piece that will keep the Faction boot from having the hinge pop open on you. Oddly enough, it is this "fix" to the Faction that CWB made to keep the hinge from opening that makes the Faction boot just as stiff as the Zeus.

The bottom line is either boot is great, so get which ever one is cheaper. If you get the Zeus, call CWB and ask them to send you regular overlays. They will do so for free. Ditch the recoil overlay and the thin laces. Replace them with the new overlay and some regular laces. As mentioned earlier, if you get the Faction make sure you get the stiffening plate.

If I had to do it over again I would consider some lighter bindings. Recently I’ve ridden with a friend who has the same board as I do (07 Shane), but he rides with the Ronix One boot. His set up is considerably lighter than mine with the Zeus (or Faction). This tells me the Zeus and Faction bindings are a couple of tanks compared to the Ronix bindings. Swing weight may not be a big deal for you, but I’d much rather have a lighter set up.

My .02
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-11-2008, 7:01 AM Reply   
i have the white factions and love them, so nice to get into and offer some really good support

very comfortable also
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-11-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
sounds good...I'm not too worried about the weight issue. I think I will go with the factions (a bit cheaper). One question though...what size? I wear a size 12 shoe. I put my foot into an XL and it seemed perfect. I put my foot into a L and it seemed really tight. Do I want to get them tight so that they have room to stretch, or just go ahead and get the XL, which are snug? Again, my Vapors (size L/XL) stretched out on me and are now too big.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-11-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
After a season of riding my Factions they strecthed out on me a bit to where I was starting to get some heel lift. This was even with ethe hinge cable screwed all the way down. That's what led me to pulling the trigger on the Zeus.