Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-09-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
Today's poll made me laugh and think of the frustration of teaching people who pop out of their bindings and want to get back on the boat to put their bindings on. I think that drives me crazier than handle droppers, but it's close.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Easy fix.....it's called "the hinge."

I agree though. I used to have to get on the boat when I rode UltraSUCKS.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
If its a hot girl that needs help getting out of her bindings, I am all for hopping in to help out. But I see what you mean.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-09-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
J-Rod...I thought that people who rode ultras had all figured out how to get them on in the water. The only time I had to get back on the platform with those was when the water was below 55 and I couldn't feel my feet. Sometimes it hurt a little, but it worked. I'm glad I don't have that anymore.

I can't stand the people who have to get on the platform all the time, I'm patient with beginners like that but after that...stay in the water or your set is over!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
"stay in the water or your set is over!"

hahaha..nice

They fit everyone's feet differently. On me, they just never worked out. I had to use lube to get them off.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-09-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
I am THAT guy!!! After I get lit up and see the "Tin Man" I have to get on the deck to put the board back on.
But trust me, if I come out of my bindings, you know its a good one!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-09-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
that's a different situation than just putting the board back on. I've had a few where I had to get on the teak just to figure out what was going on for a minute while I get the board back on. But with my ultras I had the tendency to fly out a little more often for no good reason.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-09-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Now that I made the switch to close toe, if I come out of my bindings there is a very good chance I'm done riding for the day or until I can get my mind right.
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-09-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
with my new ronix bindings i hardly ever come out but i did on sunday. cought my font edge it was a hard eneough hit that i had to take a seat for just a min. this is the only time that i need to sit down to put my board on.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
I didn't let people back on the platform until their set was done but I did offer to throw them a can of Barbasol :-) I miss how well my Exo Suctions fit when they were on but I sure don't miss taking them on and off compared to my Torqs.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
what's a pain in the butt is re tieing your shoes in the water. you lean foward and just go under water, haha. one day i finally realized to float my foot on the board.

for 2008 there are almost zero bindings that need lube to put them on. Its so nice helping customers out. they are amazed when they can get in dry.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-09-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
I don't have a swim platform... Hahah I learned to put them on in the water every time, there is not an oppourtunity to get out of the water to put the bindings back on. I could see how people that do that would get annoying though.

Mitch is so right, I hate trying to get my skate shoes on in the water and doing somersaults as I try to tie them.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-09-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Brooke- Matt was out with me last night and is still riding his ultras. He asked if I had any shampoo and I was like nope haven't needed that in awhile now since you ditched yours. He managed to muscle them on. I did like the ultras but don't miss getting them on and off.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
i had a hard time getting a regular binding on in water. hell i had a hard time getting into a binding on the boat. then god make the hinge!!!! i ride the cwb faction easy to in yes but i have found that they stay on so much better. i crash alot and would say i would pop out a foot 50% of the time before now i can go all day and maybe pop out once. i owe alot to cwb they made wakeboarding fun for me!!!!! so i dont really get on someone for not being able to get their bindings on in the water because i use to be that guy. but thanx to cwb not any more.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-09-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
Same as mitch for me, I learned on an I/O with no step of any sort. I had to step on the outdrive to get in the boat. I am now used to putting them on in the water, when the water is cold it sucks.
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2008, 2:53 AM Reply   
If it is a hot girl needing help for getting her... bikini off... well...

No, really! I'm a cable rider and I take my bindings off every time I fall... As for the boat, my bindings usually do not release even for a nasty crash, so I usually just continue with my session... or take a break for getting my mind back
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-10-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
head slams are definitely understandable. It's the kooks you're teaching with small feet and big bindings who don't put forth any effort. I definitely like the "your ride is over when you get out of the water".