Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (peterd)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-08-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
I heard there will be a Big Air / Concert thing in Stockton June 29 at Webber point on KHOP this morning. I checked into it a bit and it looks like they will have BMX, FMX, Wakeboarding, Guitar Hero, plus 6 or so live bands.

I talked to the promoter and it sounds like a Hyperlite deal. They are goint to run it down by the park (on the other side of the marina from where Boardstock was held). He said there was some sort of wakeboard event there last 4th of July. Does anyone know more about this thing?

I did learn that you can save $10 on tickets by entering "summerjam" in the promotion code if anyone wants tickets ($30 instead of $40). Check it out http://www.bigairsummerjam.com/
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Interesting. $40.00 is a little steep for me since I have no interest in the bands.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-08-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
they gotta make their money some other way since they lost boardroidtrashstock.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Oh yeah? Same people?

I'll trade them for some free passes to Spring Ride next year
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-09-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Differnet company organizing it, but they got thier stuff togeather. besides the local Hyperlite crew tearing up the water, the motocross guys they booked will be sick to watch. And same with the bmx/skate crew.

I hope the pool is done at the hotel before the event starts!

yo jrod, i'll see what I can do to get you a pass or 2.

(Message edited by wakeviolater on May 09, 2008)
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
I just sent them an email. The BMX pics they have on their site and just stuf they picked off the internet. Looks like it could be cool if put on by the right people and in the right way. But If money is their #1 interest, the fun and potential sometimes gets lost. we let you guys know what they say in response.

(Message edited by riverratboarder on May 11, 2008)