Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. I currently ride and love my double up delta series i believe its an 05 its white, red, and black. I love how predictable it is and still has great pop and soft landings.

Anyways ive been hearing the newer boards are even better. From what ive read ive been looking at the cwb faction, hyperlite murray, and LF shane, maybe even the HL tribute. If anyone can let me know how these boards ride and are there any other boards i should consider that are cwb, HL or LF since i get deals on those.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-07-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
I moved from the DUP delta to the LF Watson. I loved my delta but I broke it and couldn't get a replacement. The Watson is super sick similar to the delta but softer on the landings.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-07-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
check out the hyperlite tribute. it is designed like the DU boards, designed by greg N.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
My DUP broke too and i'm still missing it.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-07-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
Can't go wrong with a double up. I lit mine on fire last 4th of July after I got a new board and I'm still regretting it. It was a bench board that I had been riding for about half a season.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-07-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
The HL Tribute or Murray are both designed by Greg Nelson, Try the Murray you will probably like it!
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-07-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
yeah the tributes sick it's modeled a whole lot after the double up pure ride. i love mine!
Old    alanp            04-07-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
ive been riding the original premier shape for a few years. i finally rode something different this past weekend. as stubborn as i am i may finally get a different shape. i had alot of fun riding a new board
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
i know some people who are stuck on the premier as well. Killer board I really liked it.

The murray to me looks to be the closest thing to my double up delta. Ive heard some really good things about the LF shane board too. Hopefully i can get out to demo day this saturday to try the murray, tribute and faction out.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-08-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
goride will you sell me your fins if you don't need them anymore i can pick them up? Got a new 04 just sittin but never had fins for it.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-08-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
sorry i mean Darren
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
cant say anything for darren but ill be keeping mine. Im sure you can find some rainbow fins or something.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-08-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Thanks !
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-08-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Those all all great boards you are looking at Murray, Tribute and Faction, demo them all and see what you think.
Old     (nevada_champ)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-08-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
I would personally go up to a Hyperlite. Greg Nelson is doing a lot of the molds and he did them for Double Up when it was still around too. I'm pretty sure you could find something that is sort of like your Double Up
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-08-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Still rocking the DU here as well. I WISH they made a 142 lidberg, or even a 145 with some smaller molded in fins! I know GB has the militant but the last time I picked one of them up it was a tank!

I also have an old 139 pure ride as a boat board. haha.

I have been jonesin to try that new tribute as well as the murray!
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
can anyone elaborate on the murray exagerated landing zone?
From what i can understand it pushes the water out and i know it has a slight spine.