Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-02-2020, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
AIDs is pretty much cured now, people still get it but you can manage the symptoms pretty well and have a somewhat normal life. And you can pretty much avoid getting it with lifestyle management. And it there wasn't any danger of it crashing the economy. The same isn't true for an air borne virus like Sars2.

Cancer isn't a communicable disease or a monolith, there are many many illnesses which live under the cancer barrier so don't really see it as a valid comparison.
It is a comparison. It is not about if it will crash an economy or air borne manageable or whatever. They statement was their was a monetary incentive. Money does not mean a cure. Not the first time I have heard the "if we spend money we will cure it" argument. Be great if true. I am just saying, I have not seen it especially for a disease that has already morphed. They have spent billions on some of these other diseases and we still have them or can not even treat them. Hope I am wrong, just see it when I believe it.

In the mean time, the 98% that will not die from it does what? Die on the vine until a cure?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-02-2020, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I know you don't care how many voters you lose, it's all good. You and Mark have been written off, don't worry no one is trying to change what's left of your mind lol.
If I am not with the domestic terrorist democrats, I am perfectly fine with that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-02-2020, 3:13 PM Reply   
Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested, how long until she "suicides" herself? Any blow back for Trump or Bill Clinton from the case do you think?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-02-2020, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
In the mean time, the 98% that will not die from it does what
Take sensible precautions to limit the death to the absolute minimum
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-03-2020, 2:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested, how long until she "suicides" herself? Any blow back for Trump or Bill Clinton from the case do you think?
She has nothing to do with Trump. Heard Hillary is already calling the suicide hotline to make an order...
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-03-2020, 2:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Take sensible precautions to limit the death to the absolute minimum
Which is what? So far that is tanking the economy, limiting kids ability to socialize and learn, have one person I know who has special needs kids that have been completely cut off from therapy, etc. What is sensible?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 3:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I am not saying you should not wear a mask. I also dont care what other countries are doing to control their issues. I do care that we stop the BS and understand its a virus, its here, there are no waves of it, its going to be what it is. Wear a mask, wash your hands, etc etc, but if you are concerned with getting it, stay home, its only a matter of time, and as we see, with millions protesting for endless days, some of the left dont care (millions yes millions of protesters, for weeks on end, in all areas of the county) and yes, some on the right dont care. So lets stop the BS and realize, some dont care. My 22 yr old just got her 14 day clearance, she had it, minor to no symptoms, no idea how she got it. she followed all the rules. So, if you want to bitch about it, stay home until its over, or accept it, its not going anywhere anytime soon. You may have already had it and dont even know.

So its now getting to the point that people need something to bitch about, well its all bitched out. Its going to be apart of our lives until a vaccine. Just like AIDS, prior to prophylactic medications to control it. Please dont give me that BS that protesting, like we have all been seeing is not spreading the virus.

There are some that want others to act in a certain way, I get it, i dont think you are going to get the younger population to just "follow the rules" The risk factor for health, young people is so low that they really dont have to care. i dont agree with that, but thats what it is.

If you want to help, ask your liberal groups to beg people to stop protesting, stop spreading the virus, Get the word out, if we stop millions of protesters from spreading the virus, we could lower the spread. 1 infected protestor will infect 4 others, so do the math. We know extending periods of time, in close contact is the #1 cause of viral loading. #2 people spitting, yelling, screaming in peoples faces are a problem, #3 bandanas do very little, especially when 3000 people sit, in protest, yelling at police, in a line, while they asspack behind each other, spitting and yelling over each others shoulders.
Everyone should mask up. We should have a national policy to require everyone to participate, no exceptions. That includes protesters and any anti mask groups. The federal Govt needs to step up and participate, be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Telling scared or at risk people just to stay home is only a partial response, everyone else has a part to play, mask, distance. With Freedom comes responsibility. Denial and hiding the virus isnt trying to solve or fix. This is trying to deceive the public. Its a proven plan to kill thousands and make the US an embarrassment.
https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-...rce=reddit.com
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 4:09 AM Reply   
v
Quote:
This. I heard she is on suicide watch. This case should be w/o politics because both sides should detest dudes and their accomplices that sexually abuse children. Clinton and Trump were both good friends of she and Epstein, numerous ties, a long list from both sides of the aisle. Like the Covid virus, sexual deviants are D's and R's. Squeeze her for everything she knows, go after the "johns" and throw the book at her.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2020, 4:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Everyone should mask up. We should have a national policy to require everyone to participate, no exceptions. That includes protesters and any anti mask groups. The federal Govt needs to step up and participate, be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Telling scared or at risk people just to stay home is only a partial response, everyone else has a part to play, mask, distance. With Freedom comes responsibility. Denial and hiding the virus isnt trying to solve or fix. This is trying to deceive the public. Its a proven plan to kill thousands and make the US an embarrassment.
https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-...rce=reddit.com
Yeah, especially after you rioting, murderous democrats went out and spread it all over. Idiots.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 4:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
She has nothing to do with Trump. Heard Hillary is already calling the suicide hotline to make an order...
How do you explain all the pics of trump and Epstein together? How do you explain Trump admitted being pals, hung in the same social circles over decades? Even after Epsteins first brushes with the law and the facts were out. Remove the blinders, look at the "knowns". Trump and Clinton in the same club. Quit lying.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 4:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Which is what? So far that is tanking the economy, limiting kids ability to socialize and learn, have one person I know who has special needs kids that have been completely cut off from therapy, etc. What is sensible?
Wearing masks and social distancing. Havnt you been listening? Wearing masks will slow the spread, help control, its the only way to keep the economy going. Isnt that what you want? The sooner we can get some control the sooner the special needs kid can get back to their therapy. We can see what not wearing them does, our numbers are the worst in the world. We proved it.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 4:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yeah, especially after you rioting, murderous democrats went out and spread it all over. Idiots.
Thats certainly a valid thought, to be fair, there is a large anti mask group wearing MAGA hats. Both parties need to get their act together. Because of all the asymptomatic carriers, anyone not wearing a mask is a potential murderer, arnt they.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-rep-ref...museum-1515302
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2020, 4:35 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=95sn;1999503]v

Like the Covid virus, sexual deviants are D's and R's.

Most are dems by far. Not even close. Who do the alphabet people vote for? Dems.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2020, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thats certainly a valid thought, to be fair, there is a large anti mask group wearing MAGA hats. Both parties need to get their act together. Because of all the asymptomatic carriers, anyone not wearing a mask is a potential murderer, arnt they.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-rep-ref...museum-1515302
Potential murderer? Emotional much? I do get some good laughs at you when you project and call other people emotional-only to be that way yourself. It’s like I’m watching cartoons. I suppose I should thank you for the free entertainment.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 4:48 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1999508]
Quote:
v

Like the Covid virus, sexual deviants are D's and R's.

Most are dems by far. Not even close. Who do the alphabet people vote for? Dems.
Right Tucker. Its only Dems.
https://www.courthousenews.com/child...year-sentence/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2020, 4:51 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=95sn;1999510]
Quote:
Lying again? That’s not what I said, you POS liar.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 4:59 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1999511]
Quote:

Lying again? That’s not what I said, you POS liar.
Friday, Olive leaf day, Feel free to correct my ignorance. What were you trying to say?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 5:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Potential murderer? Emotional much? I do get some good laughs at you when you project and call other people emotional-only to be that way yourself. It’s like I’m watching cartoons. I suppose I should thank you for the free entertainment.
Its fact based, emotion isnt based on fact, just feelings. If you as an asymptomatic carrier do not mask up and distance, and you infect your mother and she dies... it was your fault. Clear?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 5:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
self explanatory...
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/eric-...040717597.html
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2020, 5:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh, my mistake
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2020, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Its fact based, emotion isnt based on fact, just feelings. If you as an asymptomatic carrier do not mask up and distance, and you infect your mother and she dies... it was your fault. Clear?
Okay you keep believing a mask is your savior. Maybe you can demonstrate how a little piece of fabric stops a fart too. Masks are almost all for show.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Okay you keep believing a mask is your savior. Maybe you can demonstrate how a little piece of fabric stops a fart too. Masks are almost all for show.
The Covid virus is not spread thru odor. Its spread through droplets. Masks and distancing are the only proven methods to stop spread. You can smell all the farts you want w/o worry of covid. The mask in addition to stopping virus spread will also hide the brown chit on your nose.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-03-2020, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh, my mistake
dooh...

doesn't look good, but all those people were at similar events. Bill on the other hand supposedly was on the flight manifest more than once to the island.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-03-2020, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Covid virus is not spread thru odor. Its spread through droplets. Masks and distancing are the only proven methods to stop spread. You can smell all the farts you want w/o worry of covid. The mask in addition to stopping virus spread will also hide the brown chit on your nose.
You wearing a mask for the rest of your life?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2020, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
doesn't look good, but all those people were at similar events. Bill on the other hand supposedly was on the flight manifest more than once to the island.
A few photos isn't necessarily evidence of anything, the affidavit of then 14 year girl who has said under oath that Jeff and Donald took turns having sex with her is more concerning.

And who cares whether trump or Clinton is the biggest creep, if either or both had sex with under age girls they should face justice.

Last edited by ralph; 07-03-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
dooh...

So was Dershowitz. Anything else?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
I doubt it, only as long as needed, you?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2020, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
A few photos isn't necessarily evidence of anything, the affidavit of then 14 year girl who has said under oath that Jeff and Donald took turns having sex with her is more concerning.

And who cares whether trump or Clinton is the biggest creep, if either or both had sex with under age girls they should face justice.
I think all "those guys" thought they were in the clear after Epsteins "suicide"...then she gets picked up. Stuff got real again, fast.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-03-2020, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
just so everyone knows, the virus is .0125 microns, so even n95 masks will not, necessarily, stop the virus. level 3 masks really help to stop spray etc. Pages ago we talked about masks. If we are going to all agree to were masks. for piece of mind, lets wear level 3 masks, not bandanas, or home made from tube socks, etc etc. then we can at least have a mask that will stop moisture and has barriers to help slow saturation.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-03-2020, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think all "those guys" thought they were in the clear after Epsteins "suicide"...then she gets picked up. Stuff got real again, fast.
I am sure thousands of people on both sides, have been to a social gathering with this POS. Its going to come down to integrity, and if the swamp and FBI allow all the videos to be open to the public, and we see who was "in the island club" I am sure there are actors, politicians, pro athletes, princes, billion aires and more. Hang them all if they were involved in sex with minors.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-04-2020, 4:09 AM Reply   
Not even 9:00 am and the boats with Trump flags on them are out in force. Big Trump boat parade today in Sacramento.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-04-2020, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
just so everyone knows, the virus is .0125 microns, so even n95 masks will not, necessarily, stop the virus. level 3 masks really help to stop spray etc. Pages ago we talked about masks. If we are going to all agree to were masks. for piece of mind, lets wear level 3 masks, not bandanas, or home made from tube socks, etc etc. then we can at least have a mask that will stop moisture and has barriers to help slow saturation.
Wear the best mask you can get your hands on. Here, most of the n-95 and up stuff is for hospital staff... There is a national shortage because no federal help. Even a bandana is better than not. The US is in trouble right now. In the April peak our highest numbers were 35000/day. Fauci when we hit 40K said if we dont react...100K soon. We will be at 60K by the end of the weekend. Florida alone hit 11K yesterday. Houston with one of the largest medical centers in the country, their hospitals at 100%. In LA County all the fireworks shows are cancelled, beach closed to limit gatherings...Over 130,000 deaths.
Seems like a great day for a parade.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-05-2020, 2:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wear the best mask you can get your hands on. Here, most of the n-95 and up stuff is for hospital staff... There is a national shortage because no federal help. Even a bandana is better than not. The US is in trouble right now. In the April peak our highest numbers were 35000/day. Fauci when we hit 40K said if we dont react...100K soon. We will be at 60K by the end of the weekend. Florida alone hit 11K yesterday. Houston with one of the largest medical centers in the country, their hospitals at 100%. In LA County all the fireworks shows are cancelled, beach closed to limit gatherings...Over 130,000 deaths.
Seems like a great day for a parade.
The shortage is over, there is not n95 shortage, just price gouging. We need to make them in the USA and stop buying them from China. You dont want to where an n95, its difficult to breath, its the best option, but not realistic, you can buy level 3 masks at any CVS, etc or online, They are inexpensive.

The USA is not in crisis, the people are, They are spreading a virus, just like any other virus. Its a pandemic, you have to take person responsibility. Again, this is like beating my head against a brick wall with you. You want a magical fix, I understand what you want, but thats not the way it works. IF you dont want to get sick or you want to extend the time before you get sick. you need to stay home, or try to have processes to mitigate it. People have to decide their level of risk.. So stay home, stay away from crowds, wear your mask, etc etc whatever makes you comfortable, If you dont want to put yourself in danger, stay away from those who you feel are taking higher risks.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-05-2020, 5:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
The shortage is over, there is not n95 shortage, just price gouging. We need to make them in the USA and stop buying them from China. You dont want to where an n95, its difficult to breath, its the best option, but not realistic, you can buy level 3 masks at any CVS, etc or online, They are inexpensive.

The USA is not in crisis, the people are, They are spreading a virus, just like any other virus. Its a pandemic, you have to take person responsibility. Again, this is like beating my head against a brick wall with you. You want a magical fix, I understand what you want, but thats not the way it works. IF you dont want to get sick or you want to extend the time before you get sick. you need to stay home, or try to have processes to mitigate it. People have to decide their level of risk.. So stay home, stay away from crowds, wear your mask, etc etc whatever makes you comfortable, If you dont want to put yourself in danger, stay away from those who you feel are taking higher risks.
Ive been saying we should federalize the production of N-95 masks since March, welcome to the club.
Im saying the same thing as you, including mask wearing. Where we disagree is this...On the one hand you say "you have to take personal responsibility" then you contradict your self when you say "People have to decide their level of risk". Thats not the same thing. The people who decide to risk not wearing masks are not just assuming their own risk but making the decision to assume the decision of risk for others. Im saying everyone needs to participate, do a couple very small things (wear a mask, distance) for the better of all. Is that too difficult?
It is a crisis. https://www.newsweek.com/4-hospitals...-cases-1515485

Last edited by 95sn; 07-05-2020 at 5:27 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2020, 7:29 AM Reply   
Between 150-200 boats yesterday in the Trump parade. My black boat is at the beginning of the video. My buddies’ boats are throughout. Cops from three different agencies were there to make sure no democrats showed up and acted like democrats plus they were part of the parade too “unofficially.” Sheriff’s helicopter circled above and turned on its siren for fun. It was a great time. Quite a spectacle.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ar...ml/video-embed
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2020, 7:32 AM Reply   
Funny how no one was injured or property destroyed like Democrat “parades.” Although there were a few “dead soldiers” left afterwards.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-05-2020, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ive been saying we should federalize the production of N-95 masks since March, welcome to the club.
Im saying the same thing as you, including mask wearing. Where we disagree is this...On the one hand you say "you have to take personal responsibility" then you contradict your self when you say "People have to decide their level of risk". Thats not the same thing. The people who decide to risk not wearing masks are not just assuming their own risk but making the decision to assume the decision of risk for others. Im saying everyone needs to participate, do a couple very small things (wear a mask, distance) for the better of all. Is that too difficult?
It is a crisis. https://www.newsweek.com/4-hospitals...-cases-1515485
Personal responsibility, does not include being responsible for you or others, if they get sick, they decide that risk. wearing a mask, or other processes are part of personal responsibility, if you want to say clear of people with or without masks, then do so. but when you look at people, as a whole, they decide. hence millions are protesting without masks, or distance, or short windows of time around others, they decide to protest, for 12 hours etc etc. or going to a rally, no mask, etc etc. its the same problem or risk, look at it as you will, but in the end its up to you to determine what you do and how you do it. If you see people without mask, run away or keep your distance, or go lick their face, whatever you decide, its on you no others. that is the conundrum
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-06-2020, 2:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually, Americans should be wearing masks anytime they are sick and out and about. It is commonplace in Asia. Even if you think is just allergies, it is the polite thing to do.

The reason we need to all be wearing masks right now (sick or not) is because it is the right thing to do. We don't know much about how the illness spreads or when it spreads. We do know it is airborne and it has to have a medium to carry it (moisture). Trap some of the moisture, you've trapped some of the virus. Nothing is full-proof, but a tiny percentage of capture equals an exponential reduction in transmission.

I just don't get the resistance to wearing masks. I remember my grandpa griping about seatbelt laws in the 80s. You know, when people argued that is was better to be "thrown free" in a car wreck. He believed it was his God given right to fly through his own windshield. The harm of wearing a mask if non-mask wearers are right is zero. The harm if they are wrong is massive. If you are so weak that breathing with a mask is hard, you shouldn't be leaving your house at all this virus is perfectly designed to kill you.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2020, 3:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Personal responsibility, does not include being responsible for you or others, if they get sick, they decide that risk. wearing a mask, or other processes are part of personal responsibility, if you want to say clear of people with or without masks, then do so.
Nobody is requiring you to wear a mask. They are only requiring it if you want to go places where other people need to go. We needs laws to keep people who refuse to wear a mask away from the rest of the public going about their business. It's your personal responsibility to obey the law. If a mask is required I wear it. It's that simple.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-06-2020, 5:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Personal responsibility, does not include being responsible for you or others, if they get sick, they decide that risk. wearing a mask, or other processes are part of personal responsibility, if you want to say clear of people with or without masks, then do so. but when you look at people, as a whole, they decide. hence millions are protesting without masks, or distance, or short windows of time around others, they decide to protest, for 12 hours etc etc. or going to a rally, no mask, etc etc. its the same problem or risk, look at it as you will, but in the end its up to you to determine what you do and how you do it. If you see people without mask, run away or keep your distance, or go lick their face, whatever you decide, its on you no others. that is the conundrum
Im not sure you understand the meaning of personal responsibility.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-06-2020, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Im not sure you understand the meaning of personal responsibility.
It was a typo, meaning you are responsible for you, not others. and I have no issue with the mask argument, just wear a real mask, and try to stop touching it, then other stuff.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-06-2020, 1:29 PM Reply   
I used to be in the hazmat field. I'm slightly curious what everyone wearing these cotton and paper masks believe they are filtering with them. It appears that anyone who dons a bandana is now the masked crusader and has been saved.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-06-2020, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
I used to be in the hazmat field. I'm slightly curious what everyone wearing these cotton and paper masks believe they are filtering with them. It appears that anyone who dons a bandana is now the masked crusader and has been saved.
They dont filter anything, they may stop large spray from traveling quiet as far, but you are breathing through the mask, even n95 are not stopping everything. I work, indirectly in healthcare, wear a mask for hours upon hours each day. If wearing a mask makes people feel better, then I am all for it, as we need the economy and people back moving again.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2020, 5:52 PM Reply   
95sn/n95’s. Hmmmmmm.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2020, 6:32 PM Reply   
Pretty bored with the Kung-Flu talk. So funny how the libtard msm wants to ignore the democrat riots were the main cause of our current uptick in Kung Flu. Interesting how the average age of Kung flu carriers have dropped to under 40 now since the democrat riots. Coincidence? Mmm, nah. This is cause and effect 101.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-06-2020, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Interesting how the average age of Kung flu carriers have dropped to under 40 now since the democrat riots. Coincidence? Mmm, nah. This is cause and effect 101.
Could be why the death rate is lower too
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2020, 1:41 AM Reply   
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ficial-campai/
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-07-2020, 2:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty bored with the Kung-Flu talk. So funny how the libtard msm wants to ignore the democrat riots were the main cause of our current uptick in Kung Flu. Interesting how the average age of Kung flu carriers have dropped to under 40 now since the democrat riots. Coincidence? Mmm, nah. This is cause and effect 101.
Not everything is political, especially viruses. Any group gathering in massive crowds without a mask is dumb. If they are protesting, looting, praising God or just exercising their God given right as an american to spread an infectious illness at the grocery store, they are ignoring science. We are ALL in this together (like it or not). So far, masks appear to be the only thing really working to slow the spread that doesn't involve everyone being huddled at home for months.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2020, 2:21 AM Reply   
^ Agreed. I think what most are upset about. Is how the News condemns certain gatherings & applauds others. “The Kung Flu don’t care“ if your Praising the Lord or looting Footlocker.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-07-2020, 3:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^ Agreed. I think what most are upset about. Is how the News condemns certain gatherings & applauds others. “The Kung Flu don’t care“ if your Praising the Lord or looting Footlocker.
Bingo.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-07-2020, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
It does apparently care if you are (a) doing it outside or inside, and (b) doing it masked or unmasked. Masked outside being best, unmasked inside being worst.

The absence of big spikes in cities which had big outdoor protests tends to bear that out. Did every protester wear a mask? Nope, not by a long shot. But more did than prior similar protests, certainly more than the crowd footage I've seen from recent Trump rallies.

The big test is going to be how / whether kids go back to school in the fall. On the one hand the little kids don't seem to be a huge vector and don't get real sick either, on the other hand many teachers didn't sign up to be on the front line of an infectious disease outbreak. It's going to be real hard to restart the economy without kids in schools. And right now most state and local governments are pretty strapped because of reduced tax revenues, so it's hard to imagine there's going to be a ton of money to throw at PPE / plexi shields / more staffing to keep kids even reasonably socially distant. I'm glad I'm not a state school superintendent right now... as one of my teacher friends put it yesterday, "we know we are going to be eating a big $hit sandwich in the fall... just trying to figure out which one is less $hitty."
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
95sn/n95’s. Hmmmmmm.
I wish!! Imagine owning that. its just a name describing it filters 95% of particulates.

Sorry you are bored, the virus does not care about your feelings, or mine.
Few weeks back i said trump will lose in Nov, mainly for his lack of effort on Covid and 200,000 dead Americans. Im thinking of upping the ante, he will lose in Nov due to his absolutely terrible lack of response and consistent message downplaying Covid and 300,000 dead Americans. He is the only guy in the country putting people at risk by holding rallies and events inviting thousands w/o spacing and masks not required. Absolute #1 Biggest offender we have in t he country. He just said 99% of Covid cases are completely harmless. Tell that to all the survivors and the families who lost their parents/sons/daughters. He cant stop shooting himself in the foot, cannot control his ego. Sad. Covid in the USA is getting to the point where we cant stop it. Its not like its the stacked on top of each other people in NY to blame it on. Its rural America now, Texas, Florida, AZ, CA, the biggest states in the country. And trump doesnt care a bit. When it was NY he was on TV everyday with his task force. Now that its flyover people, crickets, remember, its 99% harmless.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
I wish!! Imagine owning that. its just a name describing it filters 95% of particulates.

Few weeks back i said trump will lose in Nov, mainly for his lack of effort on Covid and 200,000 dead Americans. Im thinking of upping the ante, he will lose in Nov due to his absolutely terrible lack of response and consistent message downplaying Covid and 300,000 dead Americans. He is the only guy in the country putting people at risk by holding rallies and events inviting thousands w/o spacing and masks not required. Absolute #1 Biggest offender we have in t he country. He just said 99% of Covid cases are completely harmless. Tell that to all the survivors and the families who lost their parents/sons/daughters. He cant stop shooting himself in the foot, cannot control his ego. Sad. Covid in the USA is getting to the point where we cant stop it. Its not like its the stacked on top of each other people in NY to blame it on. Its rural America now, Texas, Florida, AZ, CA, the biggest states in the country. And trump doesnt care a bit. When it was NY he was on TV everyday with his task force. Now that its flyover people, crickets, remember, its 99% harmless.
Actually, he is correct on the 99%. Fly over people are not bitching about it. it is the communist city people complaining about it. Fly over people understand life and death it is is just a part of living. Grow up and deal with it. If you get sick, do the best you can. quit living in fear.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:

Stop your freaking whining. And yes. You are not going to stop COVID. That is from the no sh$t sherlock department. Cat is out of the bag. Either ball up and stop living or move on. it is a bad rap. I guess next time we should think about giving perferred trade status to people who do crap like they do. I am sure your border stance has not changed either since medical people have been saying for years we do not know what diseases are being brought in without or knowledge.

Did Trump cause this too? Does the media bombard you with this each day?

https://medical-malpractice.cmalaw.n...SAAEgJ68fD_BwE

According to a study by Johns Hopkins University, medical errors consistently kill over 250,000 people each year. That figure represents a quarter of a million people who went to the doctor for help, yet came out worse than if they never left home that day. According to the CDC, this figure only ranks below heart disease and cancer, which together accounts for 50 percent of all deaths. However, the numbers indicate that medical errors kill more Americans than respiratory illnesses, such as emphysema and bronchitis.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 07-07-2020 at 6:15 AM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2020, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:

What would you suggest he do? Give us you plan, shut everything down until its over? Lock downs for a few years until a possible vaccine, which may never happen, never ending stimulus with no end in site. What tell us what Joe would do or Hilary would do? Seriously
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2020, 6:31 AM Reply   
LA county has had a mask ordinance from mid May, they have, and are having a spike, are people not wearing the masks? or is it protesting, or is it really people dont care. or maybe its the masks are not working? I dont know, but I suggest we totally close California down, completely for 1 year, no one in, no one out and see what happens. Like a test, a test of the liberal emergency contact service this is only a test!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 6:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually, he is correct on the 99%. Fly over people are not bitching about it. it is the communist city people complaining about it. Fly over people understand life and death it is is just a part of living. Grow up and deal with it. If you get sick, do the best you can. quit living in fear.
Ok, back it up. Mr Actually.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...t-of-a-pattern
Its the doctors and nurses saving lives that are complaining about it. Remember when you said, hospitals are not over run, no problem. Well hospitals are over run in Houston, the largest medical complex in the country. AZ at capacity. Imperial County in CA over capacity. Age group affected has now has dropped 15 years, it aint all old people now. Its all across the country and trump is the ringleader of 99% harmless. DAmn, you change quick, thought it was flyover country that was tired of being over looked? Why they elected the grifter?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Stop your freaking whining. And yes. You are not going to stop COVID. That is from the no sh$t sherlock department. Cat is out of the bag. Either ball up and stop living or move on. it is a bad rap. I guess next time we should think about giving perferred trade status to people who do crap like they do. I am sure your border stance has not changed either since medical people have been saying for years we do not know what diseases are being brought in without or knowledge.

Did Trump cause this too? Does the media bombard you with this each day?

https://medical-malpractice.cmalaw.n...SAAEgJ68fD_BwE

According to a study by Johns Hopkins University, medical errors consistently kill over 250,000 people each year. That figure represents a quarter of a million people who went to the doctor for help, yet came out worse than if they never left home that day. According to the CDC, this figure only ranks below heart disease and cancer, which together accounts for 50 percent of all deaths. However, the numbers indicate that medical errors kill more Americans than respiratory illnesses, such as emphysema and bronchitis.
Dude, you are so full of ish. Dont try to confuse 2 completely different issues.
Covid are not annual numbers. Deaths are in the last 4 to 4 1/2 months. The grifter is the reason the cat is out of the bag. No Other Country Is In the Position The USA is in. How did every other developed and non developed and 3rd world countries kick trumps ass? The only change in Border stance is now Mexico is keeping Americans out, too much covid. They may actually start paying for a wall...to keep us out.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
What would you suggest he do? Give us you plan, shut everything down until its over? Lock downs for a few years until a possible vaccine, which may never happen, never ending stimulus with no end in site. What tell us what Joe would do or Hilary would do? Seriously
Well doug, im not POTUS, i dont have all the knowledge and experts that he has, also i dont have an unlimited budget or other federal advantages. Im just a dude watching the country flounder.
So, lets start with testing. All testing in every state is fed funded. The Fed should Nationalize Gilead, Quest Diagnostics all testing companies so that test results can be 24 hour or less turn around. The Govt should Nationalize all PPE production so that states do not have to outbid each other for supplies and reduce price gouging. FEMA should be handling testing all over the country. There should be massive tracing going on so that when a new case is found all others that may be infected could be tested and quarantined. There should be a national information advertising campaign so that all americans are informed. There should be zero confusion of the public that this is not a HOAX and it will kill you if you dont follow federal guidelines. They should be informed what not to do, how it is spread, how to avoid, who is at risk, what precautions to take. Everyone would be getting one story that we all could get behind. The CDC should be having regular, maybe daily info meetings to reinforce the advertising campaign...let the public know where we have hotspots. We need to have stronger stay at home orders for the worst areas to reduce hospital over loading. Have a National mask order like every other country that beat this. Masks should be available every where and required to enter any public building. The entire medical response should all be hooked up...Doctors in cities getting over a crisis period talking with doctors where the hospitalizations are on the increase how to be ready. Tell what is working on patient, what isnt working. What if any are new issues. The fed should be distributing nurses, doctors, experts to where they are needed. Fed should have Ventilators and distribute them where needed. We should have one goal, only one single thing to accomplish, to beat the virus. Everyone should work toward that single goal, public, private, govt, individuals, business. Its the only way to stop this ASAP and get the economy back up. The 1st thing i would do is muzzle the grifter. He has been lying and down playing this since day one. He is to blame and why he will lose very , very badly in Nov.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
LA county has had a mask ordinance from mid May, they have, and are having a spike, are people not wearing the masks? or is it protesting, or is it really people dont care. or maybe its the masks are not working? I dont know, but I suggest we totally close California down, completely for 1 year, no one in, no one out and see what happens. Like a test, a test of the liberal emergency contact service this is only a test!
No doubt it is an issue. I am in LA County. Most wear masks. There is always one or two walking thru a store w/o. Really not sure why? Any ideas? There are people gathering still, i dont think they understand the risk is real and they are F'ing it up for the majority. Massive misunderstanding of facts. Our 4th of July was basically canceled, zero fireworks shows and they closed all the beaches. People had pool parties and other gatherings. We will have to close down more businesses and or learn to run them w/o the risk. Do you get joy out of others misfortune? People are dying.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dude, you are so full of ish. Dont try to confuse 2 completely different issues.
Covid are not annual numbers. Deaths are in the last 4 to 4 1/2 months. The grifter is the reason the cat is out of the bag. No Other Country Is In the Position The USA is in. How did every other developed and non developed and 3rd world countries kick trumps ass? The only change in Border stance is now Mexico is keeping Americans out, too much covid. They may actually start paying for a wall...to keep us out.
Not confusing two issues. Deaths are death. Placing it in perspective is what adults do. Covid will pass, yet 250,000 a year will die year after year from doing to the doctor. Look forward for your chicken little posts in the future.

I don't believe reporting from these other countries for starters and second, We have been over this over and over again about freedoms in the US vs the world.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well doug, im not POTUS, i dont have all the knowledge and experts that he has, also i dont have an unlimited budget or other federal advantages. Im just a dude watching the country flounder.
So, lets start with testing. All testing in every state is fed funded. The Fed should Nationalize Gilead, Quest Diagnostics all testing companies so that test results can be 24 hour or less turn around. The Govt should Nationalize all PPE production so that states do not have to outbid each other for supplies and reduce price gouging. FEMA should be handling testing all over the country. There should be massive tracing going on so that when a new case is found all others that may be infected could be tested and quarantined. There should be a national information advertising campaign so that all americans are informed. There should be zero confusion of the public that this is not a HOAX and it will kill you if you dont follow federal guidelines. They should be informed what not to do, how it is spread, how to avoid, who is at risk, what precautions to take. Everyone would be getting one story that we all could get behind. The CDC should be having regular, maybe daily info meetings to reinforce the advertising campaign...let the public know where we have hotspots. We need to have stronger stay at home orders for the worst areas to reduce hospital over loading. Have a National mask order like every other country that beat this. Masks should be available every where and required to enter any public building. The entire medical response should all be hooked up...Doctors in cities getting over a crisis period talking with doctors where the hospitalizations are on the increase how to be ready. Tell what is working on patient, what isnt working. What if any are new issues. The fed should be distributing nurses, doctors, experts to where they are needed. Fed should have Ventilators and distribute them where needed. We should have one goal, only one single thing to accomplish, to beat the virus. Everyone should work toward that single goal, public, private, govt, individuals, business. Its the only way to stop this ASAP and get the economy back up. The 1st thing i would do is muzzle the grifter. He has been lying and down playing this since day one. He is to blame and why he will lose very , very badly in Nov.
Sorry, you just can not "nationalize" private companies. that is called tyranny. You can not get out of your own fascists way. People like you are dangerous to the core.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok, back it up. Mr Actually.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...t-of-a-pattern
Its the doctors and nurses saving lives that are complaining about it. Remember when you said, hospitals are not over run, no problem. Well hospitals are over run in Houston, the largest medical complex in the country. AZ at capacity. Imperial County in CA over capacity. Age group affected has now has dropped 15 years, it aint all old people now. Its all across the country and trump is the ringleader of 99% harmless. DAmn, you change quick, thought it was flyover country that was tired of being over looked? Why they elected the grifter?
Have not changed one bit. Only people complaining are fascist like you. Last time you said hospitals were over run, they were not. Turns out hundreds around the country were laying off doctors and nurses because they could not use that sham of ER billing to keep them running.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not confusing two issues. Deaths are death. Placing it in perspective is what adults do. Covid will pass, yet 250,000 a year will die year after year from doing to the doctor. Look forward for your chicken little posts in the future.

I don't believe reporting from these other countries for starters and second, We have been over this over and over again about freedoms in the US vs the world.
Adults do have perspective. Let me know when a thinking adult enters the room. You initial statement is not true. Adults know Covid isnt just "passing". It is increasing at an unparalleled rate in the USA. You have to beat it. What does "freedom" have to do with a virus?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry, you just can not "nationalize" private companies. that is called tyranny. You can not get out of your own fascists way. People like you are dangerous to the core.
Yes, you can. Happened many, many times for less urgent reasons.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-histo...tionalization/
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Have not changed one bit. Only people complaining are fascist like you. Last time you said hospitals were over run, they were not. Turns out hundreds around the country were laying off doctors and nurses because they could not use that sham of ER billing to keep them running.
You still want to stick to that?
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/po...f-93a338c2c134
https://www.11alive.com/article/news...5-61385230fe84
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/coro...ew-record.html
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...s-15389470.php
https://www.khou.com/article/news/he...a-96d4c5f98457
https://time.com/5863564/hospitals-c...navirus-surge/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, you can. Happened many, many times for less urgent reasons.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-histo...tionalization/
Yep during war and when they were failing. Even during war it did not always work

President Harry S. Truman tried to nationalize the steel industry in 1952 to avert a strike he claimed threatened the Korean War effort, but he was blocked by the Supreme Court.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 8:43 AM Reply   
Lots and lots of use of the word "could" in the articles. More scare tactics.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-07-2020, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Adults do have perspective. Let me know when a thinking adult enters the room. You initial statement is not true. Adults know Covid isnt just "passing". It is increasing at an unparalleled rate in the USA. You have to beat it. What does "freedom" have to do with a virus?
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT IT!!!!! Get that through your head. IT IS NOT GOING AWAY!!!!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yep during war and when they were failing. Even during war it did not always work

President Harry S. Truman tried to nationalize the steel industry in 1952 to avert a strike he claimed threatened the Korean War effort, but he was blocked by the Supreme Court.
You said it. WE ARE FAILING. Less than 34,000 people died in the Korean war, over 3 years. We are over 130,000 dead in less than 5 months. That is the definition of FAIL.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT IT!!!!! Get that through your head. IT IS NOT GOING AWAY!!!!
MAKE UP YOU MIND, either it will just pass like 15 minutes ago or it isnt going away. WTF?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2020, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
All of these things do nothing to stop people from doing what they want to do. So our testing sites, in my county, are dead, totally dead, people are just not going to them, do we round up people, with a gun, and make them go? People are getting covid, but people dont care, and are deciding to not wear masks. all over the world! So you can say, we can do all these things but if the people dont care, so be it. Look Cuomo, liberal talk show boob on CNN, had it and he did not care, and went out of quarentine, no face mask, and was caught. Neil ferguson, Gov scientist, with covid, broke his quarantine to go screw his lover. So PLEASE get off the soap box. its really total BS. People are not going to follow the rules. Sweden new it going in. People say one thing, do another, If that was not the case, millions of liberals would have stayed the **** home and not went on a protesting, looting, crime spree over the last 2 months.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-07-2020, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
All of these things do nothing to stop people from doing what they want to do. So our testing sites, in my county, are dead, totally dead, people are just not going to them, do we round up people, with a gun, and make them go? People are getting covid, but people dont care, and are deciding to not wear masks. all over the world! So you can say, we can do all these things but if the people dont care, so be it. Look Cuomo, liberal talk show boob on CNN, had it and he did not care, and went out of quarentine, no face mask, and was caught. Neil ferguson, Gov scientist, with covid, broke his quarantine to go screw his lover. So PLEASE get off the soap box. its really total BS. People are not going to follow the rules. Sweden new it going in. People say one thing, do another, If that was not the case, millions of liberals would have stayed the **** home and not went on a protesting, looting, crime spree over the last 2 months.
Is the argument here "people break rules, therefore we shouldn't have rules"?

rape, murder, abortion regs... people break those rules too? Speeding? Handicap parking requirements? All a waste of time because people continue to break the rules?

(btw Ferguson (UK scientist) did not have covid, he just broke the UK's very strict shelter in place regs which he helped design)
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2020, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

rape, murder, abortion regs... people break those rules too? Speeding? Handicap parking requirements? All a waste of time because people continue to break the rules?

(btw Ferguson (UK scientist) did not have covid, he just broke the UK's very strict shelter in place regs which he helped design)
He "believed he had had covid" Was not tested, ok there's another one, he thought he had it and did not get tested. Again, these rules are not rules until they are voted as rules or laws. Yes, we should follow the rules, I have been because i have an obligation to my family and myself. Obviously, people have different standards of rules, and personal opinion of them. Hence, I have a 22 yr old and a 6 yr old and we did not abort our child.

there has been no legal ruling to your argument. rape has one, murder has one, abortion is another entire thread, speeding has rules, legal ones, handicap parking does to, a fine. So pass a law to stay home? They have fines for not wearing a mask in certain areas. those are now rules.

Wearing a condom is not a rule, its common sense if you dont want children or an infection, but as it stands today, its a suggestion, not a law.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2020, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:

if your going to have an argument, make a good one, or your wasting your time. trying to teach a pig to sing is a waste of time and just upsets the pig.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2020, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
People dont follow the rules because someone made this political. Have you noticed who wont mask up? Who wont test? Who is saying we need less testing?
Sweden huh? Right.
https://www.businessinsider.com/swed...ockdown-2020-7
If the country had one single goal (as it should) then most would follow it and others would feel obligated too. We all root for one team in the Olympics dont we? Well, now we are a country of pussies and snowflakes. Years ago there was a draft, there were sacrifices that everyone not in the war would contribute. Remember Rosie the riveter "We Can Do IT!? There was rationing of food, oil, gas, clothing, butter, rubber, metals....everyone participated. People were patriotic, now they are just pathetic whining about freedom and all they have to do is wear a face covering. Sorry if that is too much to ask for to save lives. There is zero win in not being part of the answer. Trump F'ed this up, as usual. Had to make an enemy so only he could defeat it and save you. He failed again, time to tap out, claim BK. You are following the lead of a grifter. Refusing to admit the pandemic was real, fighting mask wearing and lying. Down playing a world wide pandemic is treasonous. November cannot get here soon enough.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-07-2020, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
He "believed he had had covid" Was not tested, ok there's another one, he thought he had it and did not get tested. Again, these rules are not rules until they are voted as rules or laws. Yes, we should follow the rules, I have been because i have an obligation to my family and myself. Obviously, people have different standards of rules, and personal opinion of them. Hence, I have a 22 yr old and a 6 yr old and we did not abort our child.

there has been no legal ruling to your argument. rape has one, murder has one, abortion is another entire thread, speeding has rules, legal ones, handicap parking does to, a fine. So pass a law to stay home? They have fines for not wearing a mask in certain areas. those are now rules.

Wearing a condom is not a rule, its common sense if you dont want children or an infection, but as it stands today, its a suggestion, not a law.
So your argument is that CDC recommendations aren't strong enough and that we need to codify the recommendations into actual enforceable rules/laws/ordinances?

"No shirt, no shoes, no service" is pretty widely followed. Is it a law everywhere? Heck I dunno. I've been to the beach or the lake and gone into the store without a T shirt on and nobody freaked out. Still, though, I don't walk into my neighborhood grocery without a shirt on. Not because I've studied my local municipal code, but rather because it seems inappropriate. Not sure why masks are any different (other than their relative novelty on the scene).

I'm not sure what you mean about there "being no legal ruling to my argument," as generally all of my wakeworld posts are approved by the attorney general before I post?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2020, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
So your argument is that CDC recommendations aren't strong enough and that we need to codify the recommendations into actual enforceable rules/laws/ordinances?

"No shirt, no shoes, no service" is pretty widely followed. Is it a law everywhere? Heck I dunno. I've been to the beach or the lake and gone into the store without a T shirt on and nobody freaked out. Still, though, I don't walk into my neighborhood grocery without a shirt on. Not because I've studied my local municipal code, but rather because it seems inappropriate. Not sure why masks are any different (other than their relative novelty on the scene).

I'm not sure what you mean about there "being no legal ruling to my argument," as generally all of my wakeworld posts are approved by the attorney general before I post?
No shoes, no shirt, no service is a private decision made by the owners or company to not service thought not following their rules. Same as a restaurant of establishment that states, no mask, no service, Its not a state mandate or law so i can have an establishment and allow people to come in without shoes or a shirt, unless their is food being served and its a ordnance. So that was a bad argument you made, truly emotional or, at least your opinion, and thats fine,

i wear a mask because i want to and its a decision I have made. I cannot tell you to wear one. Unless there is a law or ordnance passed, its a recommendation. and thats it. Sorry.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2020, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
But the Orange Messiah said it was like the flu and would go away like magic? So confused.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-07-2020, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
People dont follow the rules because someone made this political. Have you noticed who wont mask up? Who wont test? Who is saying we need less testing?
Sweden huh? Right.
https://www.businessinsider.com/swed...ockdown-2020-7
If the country had one single goal (as it should) then most would follow it and others would feel obligated too. We all root for one team in the Olympics dont we? Well, now we are a country of pussies and snowflakes. Years ago there was a draft, there were sacrifices that everyone not in the war would contribute. Remember Rosie the riveter "We Can Do IT!? There was rationing of food, oil, gas, clothing, butter, rubber, metals....everyone participated. People were patriotic, now they are just pathetic whining about freedom and all they have to do is wear a face covering. Sorry if that is too much to ask for to save lives. There is zero win in not being part of the answer. Trump F'ed this up, as usual. Had to make an enemy so only he could defeat it and save you. He failed again, time to tap out, claim BK. You are following the lead of a grifter. Refusing to admit the pandemic was real, fighting mask wearing and lying. Down playing a world wide pandemic is treasonous. November cannot get here soon enough.
For a moment you sounded very on the right. yes we make choices, the people decide and usually, then are behind the it. hence the war, the draft, butter etc etc. I agree the country is full of snowflakes, most cannot have a conversation because they dont have their support dog or are victims of their emotions. This has nothing to do with trump or whomever is the president. its the culture of the people. We have a pandemic, People will die, have died and that is sad. Its real, and I am not fighting mask wearing. You are upset that trump is the president, we all get that. Being upset does not change the virus and telling people to wear something that is their discretion is what makes rights RIGHTS! I think people should be aware, wear a mask, wash their hands and try to be respectful of others. That being said, I think blaming trump is silly, I also think blaming past presidents for Sars, Merz etc is as well.

Here is the problem, there is no blame. We can criticize certain things that have occurred, but I dont believe anyone wants this to stay, and all want it gone. What your asking is very simple, you want people to do what you want or you are mad. and thats ok too! If the president was Obama and people decided to not wear masks, would you be praying for the election? This isn't about presidents, its about politics, People want what they want and they will push to get it. Thats why people have been protesting, and destroying property and spreading covid for months. I didn't, you may not have, but lets be real. You dont get to decide! And that chaps your ass!

Last edited by dougr; 07-07-2020 at 11:52 AM.