Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-30-2015, 3:14 PM Reply   
It's time to replace my SAN 210 boat cover and I've been doing some research to find a high quality trailerable boat cover but all of the information on forums seems to be at least a couple of years old with companies that appear to have gone out of business.

Is Rankin Covers Gone? Depends on which forum you read.

Is Coversports still around? Their website isn't.

Are Evolution covers good on a Nautique? Depends on which forum as some say they only do Malibu, Supra, and Moomba.

I thought that maybe the Sunbrella cover at Nautiqueparts.com would be the way to go but then I saw the pictures of that baggy loosely fitting thing and there is no way that it's trailerable. I'm also staying away from any of the mass produced junk at places like Overton's or Amazon. I'm not trying to cheap out.

Does anyone know where you can get a really nice fitting cover for a 2005 Super Air Nautique?
I appreciate any information you might have.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-30-2015, 3:16 PM Reply   
Coversports - The BEST period (if you have a nautique). You need to call him & be patient if you dont get a hold of him right away. Dont depend on the website.
425-984-5309

Last edited by migs; 06-30-2015 at 3:20 PM.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-30-2015, 3:32 PM Reply   
Thanks migs.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-30-2015, 3:33 PM Reply   
I've been happy with a Carver cover on my Nautique.
Old     (BoatCoversandBiminiTops)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-01-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Hello DenverRider-

We are BoatCoversDirect, and we do offer custom boat covers by Carver Industries for your Super Air Nautique 210. It looks like the custom cover we offer is made for the boat with the swimplatform and Flight Control tower- do you have those items?

Please let me know about the features on your boat. I will then get back to you with cover options. If we do not offer a custom cover for your boat, I will let you know about our other options, but I do understand that you are really only interested in a custom fit.

These covers are made in the USA by Carver Industries. They are available in Sunbrella and multiple other materials.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. You are also welcome to contact me by email or phone. I am more than happy to help you!

Thank you
Jessica with Covers Direct
http://www.boatcoversdirect.com/
Jessica@CoversDirect.com
1-866-626-8377

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-01-2015, 1:32 PM Reply   
I wouldn't tow with any of those baggy covers pictured.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-01-2015, 2:01 PM Reply   
Have you looked at sharkskin?
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-02-2015, 8:37 AM Reply   
Evolution Covers makes a quality tow cover that doesn't require strapping around the trailer. His site is definitely old and doesn't show much, but if I were you I'd call him and ask if he has a pattern for your boat.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       07-02-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
May be a dumb question but why do they not have covers with the suction ports like the one on my waverunner? That cover sucks down so tight that there is no way it could flap around and mar the gel. That being said, I have a Rankin for my 06 Malibu and it has been great. I would check with Cory at Evolution for sure.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2015, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeno1 View Post
May be a dumb question but why do they not have covers with the suction ports like the one on my waverunner? That cover sucks down so tight that there is no way it could flap around and mar the gel. That being said, I have a Rankin for my 06 Malibu and it has been great. I would check with Cory at Evolution for sure.
The factory Nautique cover has those suction ports.. but it didn't cover the swim platform. I don't tow, but it sits on the lift, so I needed it to cover the entire platform/transom.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-03-2015, 4:10 PM Reply   
Evolution will make it if they have a template for it. Which likely they do for yours. They had one for my supreme. It just matters whether they have made a cover for the boat before. It's a great cover, though you will have to get in line.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2015, 7:59 PM Reply   
I can tell you I own a Carver custom cover for my 08 SANTE that I bought from Nautique Parts. This is the same cover mentioned above. The thing sucks . There is so much extra material in spots it looks like garbage. I have 3 poles in my cover w vents and water will still pool in monsoons. The fitment is piss poor if you ask me. I actually sent my first one back because I thought the sent the wrong cover initially. Turns out they didn't. It's just that "non exact". Water leaks in like crazy because of the gaps in material around the tower feet. The good side is the fact the material is awesome( sunbrella) , holds out the water and allows the boat to breath, and covers my platform. However I would never spend my money again on this cover. Go to a local custom shop and get it done right or go coversports. You'll be much happier if you looking for anything more than a dust cover for the garage.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-03-2015 at 8:02 PM.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-06-2015, 12:37 PM Reply   
I also have had trouble finding the best cover for my 23LSV. The balance between being trailer-able, watertight, breathable, DURABLE, and easy to take on and off seems really hard to find. Several are close but lack in one or more of those areas.

What is the best material to get for durability and breath-ability? Sharkskin?
Old     (whiplashsmile)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-11-2015, 6:48 PM Reply   
Paul's custom canvas
6711 Washington St, Denver, CO 80229
(303) 289-6707
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2015, 8:37 PM Reply   
Corey with Evolution covers is a great guy and makes a great cover. He didn't have a template for our Sanger v230 so we dropped it off at his house (4 hours away) on a Friday and picked it up on a Sunday. The cover is 5 years old has held up great, only 'issues' have been minor fading and two buckles breaking.The boat has spent the last 5 summers parked outside with the cover on always, and anytime we trailer the cover is on and it hasn't caused a single scratch in our black boat.