Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-24-2015, 6:01 PM Reply   
Does anyone have these inflatable fenders? I'm looking at getting 4 of them, but don't want to pull the trigger until I get some feedback on them. Not much on the internet about them. If you have them, how much work is it to inflate them before each use? Do they do a good job keeping the boats spaced apart, etc????

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.ph...ll-fender.html

Last edited by jdiaz78; 01-24-2015 at 6:02 PM. Reason: link not working
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-24-2015, 6:36 PM Reply   
A lot of people use them and usually rave about them.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-24-2015, 7:57 PM Reply   
Love the hoppity balls for this indeed!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-24-2015, 9:50 PM Reply   
Great to tie up boats together and for short term dock use. Won't scuff or rub like standard marine fenders do. More spacing between boats and especially towers/racks. Takes about 6-7 breaths to inflate. I have 4 I leave inflated in my boat but I have an A24 so plenty of storage. A lot of wakeboats have the cleats positioned so you don't even need rope for the balls, you can just loop them around a cleat in a lot of cases or just a very short line.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-24-2015, 10:48 PM Reply   
There was a thread on these awhile back. Maybe three years ago? I remember them getting good reviews.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-25-2015, 4:57 AM Reply   
I have 4 and I usually just keep them inflated. I used my air compressor at my house to inflate them so they get pretty big and I store them on my Z5 on my tower.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2015, 5:34 AM Reply   
are the exiles going to be as scratch resistant as the hippy hop balls, i need a solution as well and was wondering the same thing
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2015, 6:22 AM Reply   
I have 5-6 of them...keep 2 tied to my dock slip and they never leave a mark on my Enzo. Great for tying up, even in rougher water and help keep boats a little further apart than traditional bumpers. Can be inflated/deflated in seconds and stored easily! All my buddies have purchased as well...surprised no one else is slapping their logo on these and selling them?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-25-2015, 9:32 AM Reply   
We have 4 of the Exile buoy balls, they work great. We use them for docking, tying up with other boats, buoy for anchor lines, and the kids love to play with them too. The have never left scratches or marks and the extra space is nice between boats when rollers come in. A reinforced eyelet to tie a rope to also/ instead of the hippity hop handle would be the only thing they could improve on in my opinion. Definitely a bargain.

Last edited by Cabledog; 01-25-2015 at 9:33 AM. Reason: .
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-25-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
Love them. If you don't care that they have disney characters on them go to ToysRUs and buy regular hippity hops for $7
Old     (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-25-2015, 1:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input..It looks like I'm going to purchase some. I'll probably pay the extra not to have the Disney characters on them
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-25-2015, 3:37 PM Reply   
We have been using hippity hops since 2006 and they are a no brainer. They are cheaper than bumpers and they protect the boats way better. They keep the boats further apart and they do not scuff the colored boats. I will not allow regular bumpers up against my boat (black) cause just one time tying up they scuff. The Exile balls do not. They are a MUST!
You can leave them deflated and just blow them up by mouth when you tie up if you are looking to save on storage in the boat. You can blow them up by mouth or they make a very small handheld pump that works too. Other option is blow them up real good with an air compressor, as someone above stated, and then just store them on board. I usually have 4 blown up and have them stowed away and have a few extas that are not inflated in case we need them. We generally tie up every outing with other boats, so again, I would not use anything else....
Old     (BlakeEatmon)      Join Date: Nov 2014       01-25-2015, 6:11 PM Reply   
I have 4. They are excellent. Pull the trigger. You will be glad you did.
Old     (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       01-26-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
Well, I pulled the trigger, but I found these instead of the Exile brand. I got 6 of them in the family pack for 60 bucks. Can't wait for boat season.

http://www.hopballs.com/hop-ball-clear-small/
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-26-2015, 1:49 PM Reply   
I've got four and they work great. I just leave them inflated and I've never had to re-inflate them. They're good for more than just protecting your boat!

from WakeWorld on Vimeo.

Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-27-2015, 6:31 AM Reply   
John - The Exile balls are built at the same place as the Disney ones. We modified them a bit to work with boats a better. They are 7mill thicker, and 2" bigger. We went to a thicker sidewall a few years back when we saw people popping the disney ones.

all in all, any of these hip balls will work good and not scuff your boat.

-Brian @ Exile

PS: Williams--- I love that video. cracks me up.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2015, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
These inflatable fenders are made from injection molded 34mm wall construction and measure ~18" fully inflated.
They really have 1.3437 or 1-11/32 of an inch wall thickness? Chit, thats truck tire thread thickness! So before adding 7MM, they would still have a wall thickness of over an inch. These things must weight as much as a medicine ball.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-27-2015, 3:03 PM Reply   
I think they're talking mils (1/1000 of an inch), not millimeters.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2015, 3:20 PM Reply   
Just quoting there website..........
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       01-27-2015, 4:30 PM Reply   
I love mine. I usually use 3 of them on a side. I have had one time where it was a week before the 4th of july and the dock was FILLED with jackweeds that didn't know what a no wake zone was. My boat was rocking so hard that it bent one of those keychain carabiners on a dock line. If I would have had traditional fenders, I would have SMASHED my gelcoat on the dock. However, I had bouy balls and it saved my boat.

On my Supra, I stored them my going through the top of the tower and around the bimini. for trailering, I clipped them to the steering wheel and put them under the helm.
This is my DeadMau5 look:

Then there was one day where we put 4 bouy balls on the tower and they were bundled together in pairs. when we were motoring at speed, the balls would bounce against each other and looked like BOOBS. it was freaking hilarious!

on my Moomba, I similarly go through the tower and attach the balls to the cargo bimini frame:

I inflate mine with my home air compressor (and deflate them with a shop vac). I throw them in a rear locker for trailering now.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-30-2015, 8:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Just quoting there website..........
They're over there with their balls............................................. ...
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-11-2015, 7:58 PM Reply   
These things are a must, love em. Get 6
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-12-2015, 4:25 PM Reply   
PAGING VINCE! I still haven't seen your Hello Kitty ones you bought. Post up some pics of your kawaii buoys.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-12-2015, 5:01 PM Reply   
I love my balls....but seriously. Get them, they are a boat saver at tie ups.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-15-2015, 7:05 AM Reply   
Got them. You'll love them.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-15-2015, 12:31 PM Reply   
i orded 6 today, looks like the easy way to go and know they will hold up
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-20-2015, 6:00 PM Reply   
Just ordered 4 for my RZR. How do you guys tie these up mid ship? I only have a front and rear cleat. Looking for ideas... maybe 2 in enough?

Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-20-2015, 7:49 PM Reply   
longer rope to the tower
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-20-2015, 7:50 PM Reply   
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/attwoo...24_723_001_507

or this
Old     (rasorjb)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-21-2015, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
longer rope to the tower
This!
Old     (duderdude1)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2015, 5:16 PM Reply   
Mschmidt33 when we use them on our RZ2 I use the grab handles on the front play pen and the side handle on the side before the back bench. We park in a short dock so the normal cleats don't work well. So we use the handles. Just a simple clove hitch to hold the balls.