Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-03-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
Anybody else headed out to the Pleasanton boat show? It's nice to see that they're finally bringing it back. It's looking small, but I'm hoping that if enough people show support that they're bring back the real deal for next year.

Also doing a RV show at the same time.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-03-2011, 3:09 PM Reply   
I'll be helping my buddy with his new Centurion dealership and with his used boats. I know that Malibu, Mastercraft, and Centurion will be there, Nautique will not from what I have heard. It's a subset of the RV show so the boats will be a small part of the show. I would be surprised to see any smaller vendors at the show like we did several years ago. Even back in 2008 this show was not that great, in my opinion it was never as good as the Cow Palace shows. Too bad those shows became too expensive for the manufacturers causing them to seek an alternative venue. The Cal Expo show in Sacramento seems to have become the premier show in Northern California. Even that show is not as good as the old Cow Palace shows.
Old     (Sasha2)      Join Date: Nov 2010       01-03-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
It may be a smaller show but MB will be there with atleast 5 boats, two of them the new 23WB. All boats will be 2011 models, no carry overs.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-03-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
I agree Mikeski. I used to live for those old Cow Palace shows when I was growing up. Looking forward to hitting up a couple shows this year though. Its been awhile since i've been.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-04-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
I know Liquid Wrenches in Livermore, CA will be showing the 2011 Supra/Moomba line of boats. For those interested, the new Launch 242, SC's flagship boat should be on display to take a peek at. Also looking forward to seeing the X-25, and all the other incredible boats they are producing these days.
Attached Images

Old     (AP)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-04-2011, 11:21 PM Reply   
I'll be out there... make sure and stop by the Malibu/Axis Booth... ill be in the Axis booth this show...
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-05-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
Wow, $12. to get in plus $8. to park.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-05-2011, 12:21 PM Reply   
Sounds to be about the norm to me.... (the "norm" meaning.... the usual rip-off). I'm excited anyway.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-05-2011, 6:20 PM Reply   
You think they would lower the gate price to get more people to go. I thought it was around $8. last time they had it. They already make bank just off the vendors. They even make the vendors pay parking every day.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-05-2011, 6:52 PM Reply   
The have $2 off on the nor cal marine assoc. website
http://www.ncma.com/
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-06-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
That parking is what get's me. I don't mind paying for the boat show. It's the fairgrounds that's double dipping. Cash from the vendors for booth space. Cash from everyone (including the vendors) for parking. Oh well. It's probably the cheapest day I can have. If I stay home I'll probably drink more than $20 worth of beer. At the boat show I can keep that to around $15 if I work the BYOB program. Ha, ha.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-09-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
Wow, just got back from the show. Less than impressed. Really just an RV show with like 20 boats in one area.
Old     (mjr)      Join Date: May 2009       01-10-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohboy View Post
Wow, just got back from the show. Less than impressed. Really just an RV show with like 20 boats in one area.
Thanks for the heads-up. I was planning on heading down there but sounds like its not really worth it. Was hoping to look for a tower-mounted mirror among other things - is it a bust for things like that? In the past there were a good number of vendors there beyond boat dealers.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Matt, I'd save it for the Sac show in March. This show is cool for people looking to deal on a boat with the local guys. Everyone is hungry to get a sale or two if possible, and it's great timing to order a boat and get it here in time for next year. All the major boat players are there minus Master Craft. We ordered our '11 Wake Setter LSV on Saturday.

Lot's of RV's, though. I was drooling all over the place. I like looking at RV's almost as much as boats.
Old     (AP)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, it's a catch 22.... A lot of manufacturers/dealers didn't show up... and since it's small... people won't go. Well, if people don't go... then it won't grow again.

We had lots of people come through looking for fishing boats, yachts, pontoons, and they didnt find any, so they said... "well this is the last time we come here". Not good for us! We need the support to grow!

If 3 people went to CIE Spring Ride, would the CIE guys want to do it again? It get's better and better every year due to all the support!

If you guys have the opportunity to go... stop by! Check it out! Go look at what's new.. ask whats in store for the future... Just get out there and show support. Of course this is just my opinion, but It's sad to see the show at what it is, compared to what it was.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-10-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
Stopped by Sunday afternoon. Small but not as small as I expected. During the time I was there I saw more dealer employees than general public. No Nautiques, no Mastercrafts either. I know that Nautique isn't showing anywhere in Northern California but I don't understand why NorCal is not showing a single boat when they are right down the road. Seems like they would be best positioned to grab any potential buyers? Maybe they just feel that the buyers will drive over to NorCal after the show if they want to see a M/C?

The promotion of the show seems to be very poor. The venue is not bad but they are not to the point where its' worth the $12pp admission +$8 parking. I didn't roll up until 4PM so the girl at the parking just waved me through, still not worth the $12 admission if I was only interested in boats. I think we could organize a grass roots style boat show that would be much more effective at displaying the things we find interesting. There were twice as many boats at "Bump" and "Spring Ride", even more boats at the last Nautique reunion I attended at Marine World.

Maybe we should organize a less formal show at an open venue like Orwoods or on the Sacramento River in the March/April/May timeframe. Invite the boat dealers, equipment vendors, stereo shops, bring in a DJ, link up some boats, set up a cable & slider demo, bikini fashion show, etc.? The geography of Jack London Square is great but salt water is a deal breaker.
Old    stillstandin            01-10-2011, 4:19 PM Reply   
That was the saddest boat show Ive ever been to. This use to be the best boat show around...
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-10-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
I went by for a bit. Small show but great to see at least some people intersted
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       01-11-2011, 6:53 PM Reply   
Yeah bummer it was small, but Malibu was there and thats all that really matters. Ha, Okay just kidding, I wanted to see Nautique. Don't care about Master Craft at all, but really wanted to see the Nautique's new stuff. No new gear either to purchase. I looked at the boats, but did not see any real deals. I talked to one of the 4 dealers and no one sold a boat at all and it was mid Sunday. They could of been pulling my leg, but I doubt it. Pretty sad. Hope they make some money and the boat industry can survive. As far as the RV side it was busy and I was able to make some money.