Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (luv2w8k)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-18-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
I am a 31 year old professional with a 1999 Super Air Nautique. I am thinking about moving to Sarasota from Auburndale and want to meet some cool people to ride with and hangout with before I decide if this is the right move for me. I live about an hour away right now but can tow the boat to Sarasota if I can get a group together.
Old     (ryckman89)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-18-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
Just moved here a year ago from Cali. Used to board 3 days a week with friends in Delta...havent met anyone with boat to ride with in Sarasota/Bradenton. I am 29 and have a 28 yr old gf who i just took to OWC and she loves it ;) Would love to ride...
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
You guys are not far from Tampa - check the "Find a Third, Be a Third" Section of this site and click the "Tampa5" Thread. There are tons of boat owners and riders in the area representing in that thread. I live in Ocala and ride down to Tampa, its worth it for sure.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-19-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
I live in Sarasota and I board relatively often. Unfortunately, I do it in the middle of the state in Lake Placid. I have a second home over there and go most weekend. I also belong to a club that uses a lake in Lakewood Ranch by the water tower. Unfortunately, my boat is at my lake house. I often ride with a friebnd on their ski boat and practice surface tricks.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-19-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
Michele,

if you are looking for riders I have a female friend that lives in Sarasota, and loves to ride. She often makes the trip to Tampa to ride but I'll be more than happy to turn her towards you. She seems to have a great network of people as well. I just talked to her and she is stoked. I will PM you her info.
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-19-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
Is that your ramp in lake tennesee? I go to Julianna almost every weekend and drive by that every time we go to launch. we have been very tempted to launch the jetski and hit the ramp but i didnt know who owns it.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-21-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
I am always looking to meet and ride with new people.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Dennis,
How do you like Lake June? I am from Lake Placid originally and spent over 12 years boarding on the lake.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-22-2009, 4:57 AM Reply   
I love Lake June. It is great to get away and spend the weekend on the water. This part of Florida is so nice and peaceful. You can almost always find good water except in the Cove. I love bringing friends over ffor the weekend.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-22-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
It is a great lake. It has gotten a lot busier the last few years. The cove our house is in (opposite side from the main cove, Bishop Park) usually holds up in the wind unless it is a busy day on the water.

Michelle, how is the move/finding a riding spot coming along? I had a few friends that used to ride there before moving.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-22-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Jerrod, the next time you are over at Lake June we should say hi. My home is in the main cove on the south side near the end. It is coral in color. I have a blue Tige 22IR with a white tower.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-23-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
Hey JD and I have talked for a while about coming over sometime before the end of the year and bringing our boats and doing a ride day, some clinics and demos etc.

Any thoughts? We both grew up there and would like to get back and give back.

Zane