Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (taylor_narlyrider114)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-10-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
what bindings should i put on my 07 cwb marius platinum??
i like the 08 zeus and absolute, and ronix one, cell, or relik. going for closed toe obviously, any suggestions? im open to other bindings besides these too
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-10-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
I am riding the 08 Murray's and they should be on your list, but it will come down to how much flex you want and how high you like your bindings. The Murray is a very high cut. The Zues is a higher cut/stiffer than the Answers. The Cell is also a stiffer boot. Once you figure that out, you should be able to narrow your search down some.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
I think you meant to say 08 zeus and answer. If thats the case, I suggest you at least give the answers a shot. I'm riding them right now and they're super comfy and have not a single complaint, coming from an 06 Zeus.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-10-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
What I've been in/on and what I've thought

Cell - Terrible, way to stiff for me
Relik- alright but I couldn't get them at tight
as I would have liked.
Ones- My fav. of the Ronix boots but still just
okay at best
Shane CT - AWESOME! best boot i've ever been
in...check them out for sure
Murrays- Pretty nice but too stiff for me
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-10-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
I should also add that the Murrays have stiffeners that are removable, but i haven't tried the boot without these yet.
Old     (taylor_narlyrider114)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-10-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
haha, yeah i meant answer, my bad. i tried the answers on but didnt get a chance to ride them. tried the reliks on today and they were comfortable but seemed like they were kinda low. i liked the ones(looks of the 07's more) but cant find any in a sz. 11. i would really like to try the answers and zeus to compare. thanks for the suggestions guys. still open to more if anyone has ridden any of these bindings. thanks
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2008, 10:35 PM Reply   
I like my 06 Murrays perfect amount of side to side for me personally, here are a couple of questions that should be in the back of your head while checking out bindings:

Do I like to poke out my grabs a lot?
Do I need an exra amount of ankle support due to injury?
Are they easy to get into, out of [personally I find it difficult to get into my bindings but I don't really care.]
Are they comfy?
and perhaps most importantly: Do the colors go well with my deck?

Feel free to disregaurd all coments except for the last question.