Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Does anyone else have problems specifically cutting in switch toeside? I've gotten my switch heelside to the point where I can go out into the flats [although I can't seem to do a straight up 2W jump s/w h/s, only half cabs, but I can land regular 2W t/s 180's (s/w h/s landing)] I've found out that I cut s/w heelside different than regular h/s, with the same results, does s/w t/s have a different cut than reg. t/s?

Edit: I forgot to put that I was trying s/w t/s 360s today, first attempt ever cased the wake, 4th attempt [last of the day] didn't pop at all, tried spinning it and almost broke my wrist.

I think I confused myself with all the short-hand terms above...

(Message edited by hawk7 on May 07, 2008)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-07-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
just don't think of it as a 3 when you're coming into the wake... just imagine doing a Switch TS 180, then once thats done its just a late HS 180
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-07-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
Yeah, just do it like Nick said but just think of popping it first then just pull the handle pretty good and spin it. Pretty easy once you get the pop down.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
Trevor,

I have struggled a lot with switch toeside as well. I would recommend practicing some edging drills cutting switch toeside from the inside out really focusing on form. If you can get some video it might help you see if there is a problem with your form. A problem I was having with my switch toeside was breaking at the waist really bad. The more I broke at the waist the hard I could edge, but the more I looked ridiculous and could not pop properly.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-08-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
I love switch toeside, took me about a year to feel comfortable with it now its the coolest thing ever. You can really unwind spins that way, especially on the dub. It took forever to get the dub timing down but now I can blast them.

I would say do what Nick said focus on swithc ts 180, then do w late hs blind 180. I always suggest in my lesson that people just spend a set every day riding switch, the more you do it the more it becomes natural. Working on switch wake slayshes really helped me get used to the edgeing.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-08-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
sw ts owns me.