Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-07-2014, 7:26 PM Reply   
Anyone have the link for that thread?? Appreciated.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-07-2014, 9:58 PM Reply   
Quick search found it, literally just typed in "big boards for big guys" in the search in the upper right corner and found it second result down. Your thread was the first.

www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800628a

oops, just saw this was in the wakeboarding, not wakesurfing section. Here is the wakeboarding link, it was about half way down the results.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797523
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
Ok, I can give you a quick run down. 6'-3" 300 lbs here and been riding for over 20 years. Combination of flips and spins. Lost way more tricks than I currently do. Only ride boats and generally big wakes.

HL Marek - Very Fast, Insane pop, good landings - I find I am a bit inconsistent on this board.
HL Murray - Smooth, little sluggish for me most likely do to weight
Ronix One - Way too sluggish for me
Ronix Parks (last years) - Very inconsistent for me. Never found the chi with it.
LF Trip - This board tends to be the most consistent for me. Fast, decent pop and landings. Nothing extraordinary, but consistent
LF Fusion - This board has amazing pop and good speed. Have trouble with the really big wakes, but over all super fun
Byerly - Loved the pop and landings, but I am way to inconsistent on this to ride it regularly.

Seems like the 3 stage or more aggressive boards I struggle with consistency.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
good info!
Old     (jonsquatch)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-16-2014, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thats funny I'm at 6' 4" and just under 300lbs currently although not anywhere as good as Jason and I seem to struggle with 3 stage boards as well. For years I rode 2 different 146 CWB Kink's with the XXL Marius bindings but after trying the 147 Liquid Force Super Trip with Ronix Parks bindings for cable I switched to it as my everything board.

Switching from the "Subtle three-stage rocker" to the "Aggressive, Continuous Rocker" forced me to use better technique but I feel like I am a lot more consistent and my landings are better and it lets me have better control at slower speeds.

I find it nearly impossible to try out new things since most places don't stock high end gear in the jumbo sizes around here. They can all order it but its hard to demo anything before hand.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
Jon I am with you. I still have a fair amount of contacts around the industry and get a great opportunity to try things out. Next thing to try is the ronix Timebomb and Parks. There is alot that makes sense to me for my size and weight, but we'll see.