Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (absolutezero)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-13-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
I'm amazed at how many boats on the used market are just horrible to look at. I'll admit I'm a little particular, but I can't see buying some of the stuff I see out there no matter how good the deal... unless there was a way to change it.

I'm assuming you could always do some sort of wrap, but I'm wondering how expensive that is.

so what can you do to change the look of a boat. I'm sure you can always take stuff off, but it is easy to add stuff back? Is it expensive to wrap the boat in solid colors (i know the extreme artwork is very expensive)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
Maybe some vinyl stripes to strategically cover just the horrible parts.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-13-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
It applies to houses too. You can go look at someone's DREAM _______ and be amazed. The amazing thing is that some people only have nightmares.

Of course they might look at my stuff and wonder what I ate that gave me my dreams
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-13-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
or cars and trucks. how many cars and trucks have jc whitney ruined over the years?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-13-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
lol, my house is down right ugly, at least from the outside. when I bought it and showed it to my mother, she drove up and said "what the hell have you done?!?" Then she walked out back, saw the view of lakes Austin and Travis and and said, "oh, I get it now".

sometimes you got to look past that first impression and see what the possibilities are.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-13-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
when you say ugly? do you mean by color combo? or factory graphics per particular brand? Dont forget if we all had the same tastes in boats, all boats would be pretty damm boring.. sometimes being ugly and different is good. For example I LOVE pink and black boats, and alot of my friends think its horrible.

Theres a seat for every a$$ and an a$$ for every seat
Old    murrayair            09-13-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
The last two boats my family has bought we have had completely reupholstered. The first one was an '86 SN 200l and the second (the one my parents still own) is a '92 Supra Conbrio. It was a little pricey, but 100% worth it. Plus I got to redesign the interior from scratch, which was a lot of fun.
Old     (kbob)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-14-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
I'd take an ugly boat or no boat any day! :-)
Old     (absolutezero)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-14-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
I mean ugly to me. I don't care about your taste. If you have none that's your problem :-)

I guess I'm mostly thinking of the graphics on the side of the boat. Interior is hard because I know it's very expensive to redo.

Plus it always seems like the worst parts are the sides of the boat and the carpet inside.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
i don't know what boat you've got but you could always paint it. lots of people paint their boats. some color combo's were just bad choices....pink or teal?

what's up with the sides? you can work on those panels w/o having to re-do the entire boat....do you have recessed speaker/cupholders? i've been wanting to do that project for years but haven't gotten started on it yet.

carpet's never fun

what else? pics....
Old     (absolutezero)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-14-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
sorry I meant outer sides of the boat (with the graphics on it)

I don't have pictues, because I'm talking about used boats I'm looking to buy. I'll submit pictures next time I come across a good example.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-14-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Usually the graphics are just decals you can peel off.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
If its the outside thats ugly and your that worried about it just close your eyes really tight and don't open them till your in the boat. Bam, problem solved without an expensive wrap.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-14-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
I see a lot of boats that could look like new with a good polish. At least on cars you can take almost any piece of crap and make it shine close to knew. I imagine you can do that with boats.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-14-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
didnt read anything.

sorry.

just paint it gold!

Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-15-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
If the decals aren't in the gel then take them off. You will be surprised at how much a good buffing and slight tint on the windshield will change the looks of a boat.