Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-10-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
I was bored and playing around with ispec and went to change the tower, but the only option was the new tower. Is Malibu no longer offering the Titan as an option, or has the option just not made it to ispec yet?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-10-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
I don't recall the Titan being on Ispec in years. It's been an option you have to work with your dealer to get since about 2004.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-10-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
the titan Tower is no longer an option. It is the G3 or bust unless you are looking at a response.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-10-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
The new tower is/was a Titan. Malibu now owns Titan
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-10-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
Its not known as Titan anymore also. They go by Star One now.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-10-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Hey Bret,
So are the I, II or III style towers not available at all anymore?

If so, I'll be using this boat for a while.... and then moving on.
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-10-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
If Malibu bought Titan, is that going to effect any of the other companies using Titan towers such as Nautique? Either way I hope they come out with another option like the III series, I really liked that tower and it was nice to have options.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-10-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
Yes, it does effect Nautique. I had to go around the world (almost 6 months)to get my racks fixed, mostly because of a horrible dealer (HQ marine) but you should be able to get anything taken care of as long as your boats under warranty and you may have to do what I did (Go straight through to Star One)
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       11-11-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
I have the 2009 brochure (I don't have a 2010) and it mentions the Titan as an option in a few places and shows pictures of the tower on boats.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
It is not an option to order it on the dealer site, however we could order the tower directly from titan, and order the boat with out a tower from the factory.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-12-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
Good move on Malibu/Titan's part. Hate to lose the customers who appreciate the real strength & performance of the older Titan towers.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-12-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
Might explain why when I was looking at adding an aftermarket tower last year, the Titan guys told me they could not sell me a tower unless I was a Malibu dealer.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-13-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
I am not so sure its a good move on Malibu/Titans part. Think about all the others boats with Titans on them, titan speakers, or titan racks. Although Malibu might have been their biggest buyer they are going to miss a lot of the market now. Wakeboarding is a niche and I think it would be best to be able to work with anything out there instead of putting all your eggs in one basket like they have done.

No Titan stuff on 2010 Nautiques. I love mine on my 08, best tower I have ever had for strength and I think it looks awesome!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-13-2009, 6:08 AM Reply   
This is bad news for me as I have a bimini for a 230 with a Titan tower brand new sitting in my garage. Who is going to buy it now! :-(
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-13-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Even when the Titan was on ispec, I could never get it to work. I have a Titan on my VLX and I am very dissapointed to hear it is no longer offered, especially since I think the new tower is fugly with the black and chrome look, one or the other.... I was thinking of upgrading in 2010, but may have to rethink that....
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-16-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
"No Titan stuff on 2010 Nautiques. I love mine on my 08, best tower I have ever had for strength and I think it looks awesome!"

I didn't realize you could no longer get the Titan on Nautiques. I have the FCT-2 on my 09 210 and in my opinion there is not a better tower made. As you said, the stainless looks great and is super strong and it fits the boat perfectly.
Old     (star_one_wake)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-16-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
hey guys, I used to work for Titan before Malibu bought the name, but we now operate as Star One. We are still making the Series I and Series II Towers and selling the remaining stock of our Series III's.

They can no longer be ordered through I-Spec but if you guys are looking for any of the Titan Towers or the Product Titan sold please give me a call! We as Star One are going to continue to manufacture Towers and Accessories for all boats!

If you guys have any questions please let me know!

Thanks,
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       11-24-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Luke, how can you sell all the same Titan products (as Star One) if Malibu purchased Titan? Why would Malibu allow this? Why can I still go to the Titan web page and buy a series I or II for any boat? I don't understand what you are saying. Can we buy Titan stuff or not?
Old     (star_one_wake)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-01-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
Malibu purchased the Titan name and Star One will be selling the remaining inventory of Titan product. Star One will not manufacture any new Titan or Malibu Products, but we are liquidating and closing out all of the remaining stock. Star One will continue to build the Series I and II Tower for any boat and will machine and create a new line of speakers, racks and other accessories. So yes you are able to purchase Titan products directly through us at a close out price, and until we get rid of the old inventory the Titanwake website will stay up.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Old     (lksammkt)      Join Date: May 2005       12-16-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Lukey Bear - get off this thread.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-17-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
here is one on CL in Portland oregon for sale

http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/boa/1512726443.html
Old     (star_one_wake)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-14-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
whats up Katie? what are you doing checking out Titan threads?